• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I'm assuming City aren't able to sign RVP because they still can't offload any of their fringe players.

If they can get rid of Adebayor then they'll probably jump back to the head of the queue for RVP.
Your probably right. No idea what Juve are planning to do and Spurs seem to have gone cold on Adebayor. Surprising seen as they need a striker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma want Palermo's Balzaretti. That would be a pretty good signing. Zeman, Destro ... everything points to the scudetto!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483219_473929562618843_673338962_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's a fantastic deal for the fee being thrown around, 4.5m? A bargain!

Roma? Meh, it's still Zeman we're talking about here. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/50JgA.gif

Arnie

Wales, what's the point?
Exactly. And I'm classing Chester in that too, even if it's not technically Wales.
Almost as good as Arnie's little story the other day.
In his, the child falls in love, in mine the child cries at his Dad's lack of love for him. The two are eerily polarised.

Arkham Asylum was by far a better game than Arkham City, to me.

Shame for Pacheco because he was one of our better performers in the US, you do have to wonder whether he's left out because we're looking to offload him, which begs the question yet again: where are the players coming in as replacements? Tomorrow's August and we've only brought one player, yet seemingly offloaded three, with a couple more looking on their way out.

1343668816476.jpg

Banega's car.

I take it he didn't get the message about the recall..

Exactly. And I'm classing Chester in that too, even if it's not technically Wales.

Eww, Chester. Full of posh try-hards.

dc89

Hey Arnie! Was up in Preston earlier, they have a Olympic big screen by the Harris museum. But man... So many empty shops now :(

just put the Euro millions on for tonight! Come on £119m.

Arnie

Hey Arnie! Was up in Preston earlier, they have a Olympic big screen by the Harris museum. But man... So many empty shops now :(

just put the Euro millions on for tonight! Come on £119m.

Nice, yea the centre's getting run down, although I confess I haven't been in in a while, what with Uni and then I just don't have a general need to go in there when I'm back home, despite living basically on the fringe of town.

After my £2.80 win the other day I'm retiring from all lottery endeavours.

I was thinking anyway, right, bear with me, but winning £100 million would probably ruin your life. Nothing to work for, constant suspicion around your friends and lovers, bitterness from people around you, people always expecting things from you.

K1LLER7

Nice, yea the centre's getting run down, although I confess I haven't been in in a while, what with Uni and then I just don't have a general need to go in there when I'm back home, despite living basically on the fringe of town.

After my £2.80 win the other day I'm retiring from all lottery endeavours.

I was thinking anyway, right, bear with me, but winning £100 million would probably ruin your life. Nothing to work for, constant suspicion around your friends and lovers, bitterness from people around you.
But you could buy Cavani :p

Btw going back to Agger > City, if I were Liverpool I'd ask for at least as much as they paid for Lescott, which was about £25m I think.

That should be enough to buy another good CB and leave some spare for other signings.

Linius

I was thinking anyway, right, bear with me, but winning £100 million would probably ruin your life. Nothing to work for, constant suspicion around your friends and lovers, bitterness from people around you, people always expecting things from you.

I guess the possible cons would be smashed by the amazing pro's about winning this amount of money :p

dc89

If you win will you be organising City's transfers?

No. I'll buy the guys in PR a nice gift each.

Oh dear. Ian 'The Moose' Abrahams from TalkSPORT has been told from 'my sources' that Tevez could go back to West Ham. Then when people give him stick he says he'll block them. Jesus.

Arnie

I guess the possible cons would be smashed by the amazing pro's about winning this amount of money :p

True, I could be getting my dick sucked by a platoon of babes in Warrior bikinis whilst watching the sun set on my private island. All the while nibbling on KFC hot wings and sipping Dr Pepper.

Btw going back to Agger > City, if I were Liverpool I'd ask for at least as much as they paid for Lescott, which was about £25m I think.

That should be enough to buy another good CB and leave some spare for other signings.
I concur. He's had as good a season as Lescott had, back in the day.

There are greater implications with selling our best players, though. How would the other top players feel if they see Agger off to the league champions? How would a good chunk of the fans feel seeing one of their favourite players leave, and I'm talking about the sort of fan who takes no notice of financials off the the field?

Yen

No. I'll buy the guys in PR a nice gift each.

Oh dear. Ian 'The Moose' Abrahams from TalkSPORT has been told from 'my sources' that Tevez could go back to West Ham. Then when people give him stick he says he'll block them. Jesus.

It was funny last month, he said Moyes to Spurs was a done deal. The Everton PR man said that if he could not back the claim up, Everton would sue. Moose had to admit he just made it up and had to make a grovelling apology.

Linius

True, I could be getting my dick sucked by a platoon of babes in Warrior bikinis whilst watching the sun set on my private island. All the while nibbling on KFC hot wings and sipping Dr Pepper.

So you're planning on having a private island with a KFC on it? Be sure to message me when you win something, I'd definitely swing by!

If I'd win such an ammount of money I'll be organising my own festival with bands of my pick and a timetable that lets me see everything. And a KFC on the festival terrain. Of course.

Arnie

So you're planning on having a private island with a KFC on it? Be sure to message me when you win something, I'd definitely swing by!
You're all invited if it happens.

We could have a kick up competition and whoever wins gets a £10 million signing for their club.

If I'd win such an ammount of money I'll be organising my own festival with bands of my pick and a timetable that lets me see everything. And a KFC on the festival terrain. Of course.
I'd be at the back, grumping with a 3 piece variety meal.

dc89

It was funny last month, he said Moyes to Spurs was a done deal. The Everton PR man said that if he could not back the claim up, Everton would sue. Moose had to admit he just made it up and had to make a grovelling apology.

I aspire to the Everton dude's PR powers.

Arnie

Just ran 4 miles so I'm buying an Indian takeaway, I'm sure Fry will be pleased to hear.

Got a nice range of bevys in too.

dc89

12. "Shall we show you how to score?" sing the Oldham fans. Good friendly atmosphere here tonight. On the pitch it's no friendly!

13. City fans respond with "three stands, you've only got three stands" which is applauded by the Oldham faithful.

Both Tweets from @mcfc

Haha. Great banter.

Zabojnik

Benfica - Juve friendly tomorrow. Conte's last match.
for a while
:/ Still, looking forward to seeing us being destroyed Real-style by Benfica and watch the legendary Djaló in action.

0.jpg

I think if we're not counting City out, then if RVP goes there we'll put in our bid for Dzeko.

He's not the striker we need but he's the striker we probably deserve if we can't seal up RVP.

If he goes to Utd, then Pazzini :(

Zabojnik

Quaglia <-> Pazzini is happening either way, I think. And if we manage to sell Matri to Milan for 15M€, well, that's Joveti&#263; money. I hope.

Zabojnik

RVP--Jojo--Giovinco--Vucinic--Pazzini would be delicious, wouldn't it? I'd happily see Matri rather than Pazzini, but in any case....

Delicious indeed. It's times like this I wish I was a generous multi-millionaire. An additional 30M€ and this could very well turn into the best mercato in Juve's history.

Feorax

I'm reading we're actually paying Aquilani to get rid of him.

It's amazing how fucked a team can become in a few short years. It's going to take some effort to get us back into the top 4.

Arnie

I'm reading we're actually paying Aquilani to get rid of him.

It's amazing how fucked a team can become in a few short years. It's going to take some effort to get us back into the top 4.

Really can't visualise it to be honest, but that's probably for the best, regardless of Gerrard's comments my expectations for the coming season are at a newfound low, even with Rodgers.

Why would you pay Aquilani to leave? That's silly! He wants to play for you and you need somebody like him!

Can somebody please explain this to me? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom