• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Cazorla's done, then. Good work Arsenal, they've steadily done the best business in the window so far I think.

Assuming that Twitter account is real, it isn't verified.

Bumhead

Banned
The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Pulp - His 'N Hers
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul

My desert island discs.

It honestly is to me. I literally have no idea how anyone could dislike their stuff on the whole. The best band of all time, hands down.

I have no idea how people can not like the smell of feet after a lot of hours walking around in hot sneakers either, but guess that's just how we are wired.

Arnie

If I was to do a desert island discs it'd definitely include the theme tune to Live and Let Die, just as a single, or something.

Meier

Not verified, are you sure it's him.

That is one thing I like about City's twitter account. They have a list of the real guys' accounts that make it easy to get an idea if it's the real dude regardless of whether he's verified. Surprised Arsenal has not created any lists.

Some of the Balotelli fakes have been incredibly convincing. Crazy the lengths some will go.

Fry

I'm listening to Radiohead. I suddenly feel the urge to go in the kitchen, grab a knike and cut myself.

Just kidding, I'll try some of their stuff I have been rejecting for a long time now.

ATF487

Current Favs:

El Camino
The Monitor
Tidal
The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

All Time Faves:

Rain Dogs
Dig Lazarus Dig
Swordfishtrombones
Tender Prey
Led Zeppelin IV
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Whats Going On

Nice, I didn't know you were a Nick Cave fan.

My last.fm top albums looks a lot different, but some of my faves of all time

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour
The Drones - Gala Mill
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
Neil Young - On the Beach
Television - Marquee Moon
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
The Wrens - the Meadowlands
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Lamchop - Oh (Ohio)
The National - Alligator
Silver Jews - The Natural Bridge

Wilbur

Banned
It honestly is to me. I literally have no idea how anyone could dislike their stuff on the whole. The best band of all time, hands down.

holy shittttttttt

You have no idea how people could dislike Oasis? Really?

Ludicrous. I fucking think Dylan is the greatest musician of all time, but I could certainly understand why people might not like him. But you can't see how people might not like Oasis, that's just utterly mental.

Carbonox

I do wonder how Debuchy will react to the news that Lille are now refusing to sell him.

I also wonder who we will bring in at RB...

Shit times for Newcastle fans. Debuchy would have been a great upgrade on Simpson.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never really given much attention to his music, but I fucking love The Times Are A-Changin'.

In a related subject; Old Man by Neil Young is soooooooooo gud.

Neil Young is also wonderful.

But yeah, it's an incredible song. He's got a good 12 albums that are just magnificent in my eyes, as well as a lot of good albums and fantastic songs pasted all over the place.

ATF487

Nick Cave is fucking incredible. Great musician, great composer, great writer (of songs, screen and novels).

Yes. I haven't read any of his books but The Proposition was a great film. Nocturama is the only album of his that I don't love all the way through

Clegg

Nice, I didn't know you were a Nick Cave fan.

My last.fm top albums looks a lot different, but some of my faves of all time

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour
The Drones - Gala Mill
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
Neil Young - On the Beach
Television - Marquee Moon
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
The Wrens - the Meadowlands
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Lamchop - Oh (Ohio)
The National - Alligator
Silver Jews - The Natural Bridge

Completely forgot about The National. Great band.

And Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are amazing. Up Jumped the Devil is a phenomenal song.

But Slowly Goes the Night is probably my fav song from Tender Prey

PaulLFC

Well, that was basically the opposite of last season today - we played badly but got away with a win. Definitely not the most entertaining game I've ever watched, but I can't complain, winning is what's important after all.

And Downing actually scored! Just watched it again on Youtube, so I wasn't seeing things, he actually did score.

Carbonox

Couldn't you also just get a left back and use Santon on the right?

Santon's still a bit dodgy. We do have Ryan Taylor though but he only worked great as an LB because of Gutierrez backing him up (who's also good at defending). Ben Arfa sure as shit won't back him up on the right. :lol

Definitely a defensive crisis. :(

Tavernier isn't ready yet but he has the potential to be our main RB in the future.

Wilbur

Banned
live and let dieeeeee, bowwwwww, booww wowow wooooow, live and let dieeee

Tune. Best Bond song, yes yes even better than Madonna's

Yes. I haven't read any of his books but The Proposition was a great film. Nocturama is the only album of his that I don't love all the way through

I like Nocturama but yeah. Your Funeral and Let Love are phenomenal.

And Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are amazing. Up Jumped the Devil is a phenomenal song.

The National are great, saw them at Reading last year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
holy shittttttttt

You have no idea how people could dislike Oasis? Really?

Ludicrous. I fucking think Dylan is the greatest musician of all time, but I could certainly understand why people might not like him. But you can't see how people might not like Oasis, that's just utterly mental.

Dylan is certainly the coolest.

Up there with Slash.

Clegg

I really couldn't get into Nocturama. It was too safe and placid. Its like he forgot that he was Nick fuckin Cave for most of the album. It was only the last song "Babe, I'm on Fire" that was actually fitting for a band of their atature.

Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus was a much better album.

ATF487

But Slowly Goes the Night is probably my fav song from Tender Prey

Yeah this is a good shout. Watching Alice is a close second for me

Babe I'm on Fire did seem to inspire his second rawk faze though, so it's not all bad. I love the piano ballads but he's too good to be pigeonholed into one style for too long

Wilbur

Banned
Dylan is certainly the coolest.

Up there with Slash.

so much swag
SO MUCH FUCKING SWAG

dylan4.jpg

bob+dylan+1966.jpg

Bob+Dylan+tip.jpg

dylan460.jpg

Renaldo.jpg

Status