• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Rodgers explained Agger, although I don't know if I buy it:

Rodgers said:
"The plan was always for Daniel to stay behind. Everyone knows his history of injuries, he came back to pre-season after everyone else and is still not up to speed."

Honestly no clue. I don't see how someone could put on Morning Glory or The Masterplan and not think hot damn, essentially every single one of these songs is fucking AMAZING! I feel the same about Definitely Maybe but some of the sound is a bit rawer which may not work for some folks. Dig Out Your Soul is insanely underrated as well.

It's very easy to see why someone wouldn't like Dylan. The guy sounds like shit. That's not a very good example to use in this discussion. :lol
Are you Liam Gallagher?

Actually stunned that you feel like that. I mean, fair enough you're a fan...but...woah.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
6.7M..?
Because he wanted to come to Juve, because we was so good at the beginning and because he never said a mean word against Conte / Juve. A true professional. It wasn't meant to be, but I wish him all the best.
3MRZ1.gif
3MRZ1.gif
3MRZ1.gif
Bye Milos.
3MRZ1.gif
3MRZ1.gif
3MRZ1.gif

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, good luck in Turkey and I hope you regain your place with Serbia.

He scored 10 goals for us, that's three goals less than Quag..

It's a fantastic article, considering she's a biased Milanista and all.

Zabojnik

Now, I'm not a HUGE fan of Susy Campanale. But she wrote a pretty dead on article about this whole betting scandal shit, Conte's place in the scandal, and how Italian sporting justice is broken.

To anyone wanting a quick summary of the evidence against Conte, I give you these two paragraphs:

Yep. And Conte might get some... 17months for this?

I have no idea how any judge with a shred of human decency wouldn't dismiss the accusations against Conte. But I'm not holding by breath.

Arnie

Going to have a cup of tea, a couple of naughty peanut crumpets, and compile my thoughts on both the match and today's events regarding Agger.

I don't blame the Juve fans for feeling sad, the guy looked like Nedved, even if he didn't play like him, the potential was huge. Hell, I was sad when Babel left just because of the laughs he provided, not for any actual footballing reasons.

Clegg

No, that's cocks out.

You don't want to spend that kind of money on this Moura kid when there are other holes in your squad. Spend the £40 million on a class midfielder, like Fellaini, and a class left back, like Baines, and let Kenwright have a little party on your expense.

Don't think we'll sign anyone tbh.

IMO Lucas was our best bet for a transfer.

Bumhead

Banned
Dig Out Your Soul is insanely underrated as well, FWIW.

Agree with that, actually. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as DM or WTSMG? but it's a decent album. Easily my third favourite Oasis album even taking into account the sharp drop in quality between it and the first 2.

Clegg

So if Lucas goes to Sao Paolo then are we to believe that United bid lower than the amounts reported?

That does sound like something we'd do tbh.

Arnie

Don't think we'll sign anyone tbh.

IMO Lucas was our best bet for a transfer.
You will, I promise.

Ferguson will want to get someone in to appease the fans that've caught onto his foul play in regards to buttering up the glazers for a bonus.
Call me a cynic...
"He returned to pre-season later than everyone else"

Did he? He returned before the England lads and a couple of them played 90 minutes tonight? Perhaps he returned with a bit of an injury and took a while to get going. I personally believe the reason for him not travelling was motivated by other factors related to protecting him from injury so the club can cash in on him, although that's just speculation. I'd much rather sell Skrtel, out of the two.

Nobody looking at us mourning the sale of Milos will ever understand why it is that we love him. Was he amazing? Yeah, for 6 months he carried us in his back, but after that he was distinctly average. Even the worst defenders had him in his pocket. But this is the guy who spent 10k out of his own pocket to get to a Juventus friendly on time when he first joined the squad. He was the consummate professional. He played when he was called on, sat on the bench when he wasn't, and in the stands when Pepe, Giaccherini, and heaven's forbid Estigarribia took his spot. When he was struggling last season and finally got a goal--a lucky goal--he ran to Juve fans and signalled to them with his hands in the shape of a heart. He loved Juve, and we loved him even when we didn't need him.

His sale is a sign of the new Juve era. He's a flashy winger that would have stuck around for ages under Secco, and would have been given a new expensive contract, but in this new Marotta and Conte regime...you need to spit blood. It's not a regime of sentimentality. It isn't quite a regime that knows how to sell its players at a reasonable price, but hey at least we aren't paying Amauri-level salaries to players who don't deserve it.

His last two games with us meant a lot for us--even though they were friendlies. I don't think he'll ever be back, but a man can dream...

Ciao Milos. Ci vediamo.

Clegg

You will, I promise.

Ferguson will want to get someone in to appease the fans that've caught onto his foul play in regards to buttering up the glazers for a bonus.

SAF has rarely, if ever, bowed to pressure in regards to signing players. I don't think he'll start now either. I'm pretty happy with the signings we've made tbh. And I'd rather we gave Nani a new contract than sign Lucas. The only area I'd really like us to make a signing is at LB where we are woefully short of cover.

Arnie

What happened today that caused 700 posts to be made!? Update me FootyGAF!!

The owner of Aston Villa sold his American Football team for $1 billion, meaning Lerner is now a very wealthy man. Expect Lambert to get a bit of a war chest.

Oh, and Downing unleashed the dragon.
SAF has never rarely, if ever, bowed to pressure in regards to signing players. I don't think he'll start now either. I'm pretty happy with the signings we've made tbh. And I'd rather we gave Nani a new contract than sign Lucas. The only area I'd really like us to make a signing is at LB where we are woefully short of cover.
You don't think you need a central midfielder? I think you need a couple. You can have Spearing if you want?

Salvadora

http://www.marca.com/2012/08/02/futbol/equipos/malaga/1343900460.html

Argh I wish I understood Spanish. Anyone able to tell me what that says? Just the point of the article will do.
It's looking like Gooners are gonna have to wait for that transfer record to be broken...

Marca now saying the Cazorla fee is €15m.

EDIT: Though they're a little vague, "€15m, maybe a little more for goals...". Wouldn't surprise me if it was €15m rising to the previously suggested €21m.

Yen

What happened today that caused 700 posts to be made!? Update me FootyGAF!!

Krasic was sold.
Meier says Oasis are the best thing ever but Arnie much prefers DH Lawrence.
Conte is has a one-way ticket to slammertown, with no return ticket.
Downing scored.
In 16th century Naples, the locals believed tomatoes were poisonous.
Meus touched Phillipe Senderos last night.

Clegg

You don't think you need a central midfielder? I think you need a couple. You can have Spearing if you want?

I think we're in desperate need of a quality CM. But I've given up on us ever signing one. At this stage I'd be happy enough if Cleverley, Anderson and Carrick have injury free seasons.

LB is a massive concern for me though.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we're in desperate need of a quality CM. But I've given up on us ever signing one. At this stage I'd be happy enough if Cleverley, Anderson and Carrick have injury free seasons.

LB is a massive concern for me though.

I really want a CM. Anderson's gonna flop again, Scholes can't play every game, and Cleverley is gonna leave for Newcastle.

Meier

Are you Liam Gallagher?

Actually stunned that you feel like that. I mean, fair enough you're a fan...but...woah.

I mean I enjoy all of their albums but some of them are definitely better than others. At least a few are genuine masterpieces though that I can't see any explanation why someone wouldn't love.

I can't even be bothered with transfer muppetry anymore. We're not gonna buy anybody exciting or good. I just hope we buy one of these totally random guys and they're more Hernandez than Bebe.

Wilbur

Banned
I mean I enjoy all of their albums but some of them are definitely better than others. At least a few are genuine masterpieces though that I can't see any explanation why someone wouldn't love.

It's very easy to see why someone wouldn't like Gallagher. The guy sounds like shit.

I can't even be bothered with transfer muppetry anymore. We're not gonna buy anybody exciting or good. I just hope we buy one of these totally random guys and they're more Hernandez than Bebe.

Even Hernandez has looked shit for the last half season. Fuckkkkkkkk our lives

How come Juve fans are sad Krasic left? I thought he was meant to be shit

Nobody looking at us mourning the sale of Milos will ever understand why it is that we love him. Was he amazing? Yeah, for 6 months he carried us in his back, but after that he was distinctly average. Even the worst defenders had him in his pocket. But this is the guy who spent 10k out of his own pocket to get to a Juventus friendly on time when he first joined the squad. He was the consummate professional. He played when he was called on, sat on the bench when he wasn't, and in the stands when Pepe, Giaccherini, and heaven's forbid Estigarribia took his spot. When he was struggling last season and finally got a goal--a lucky goal--he ran to Juve fans and signalled to them with his hands in the shape of a heart. He loved Juve, and we loved him even when we didn't need him.

His sale is a sign of the new Juve era. He's a flashy winger that would have stuck around for ages under Secco, and would have been given a new expensive contract, but in this new Marotta and Conte regime...you need to spit blood. It's not a regime of sentimentality. It isn't quite a regime that knows how to sell its players at a reasonable price, but hey at least we aren't paying Amauri-level salaries to players who don't deserve it.

His last two games with us meant a lot for us--even though they were friendlies. I don't think he'll ever be back, but a man can dream...

Ciao Milos. Ci vediamo.

Milos is not shit. He's just not the player we need.

G17

Cazorla has apparently pass his medical. Every Arsenal fan now waiting for it to be up on Arsenal.com so that they can finally stop doubting the transfer.

Meier

It's very easy to see why someone wouldn't like Gallagher. The guy sounds like shit.

I think Liam's voice could be seen as a bit of an acquired taste, but Noel's voice is pretty much perfect. The Masterplan, perhaps not coincidentally, has a number of his songs (since they were rarer as A-sides in those days).

Even Hernandez has looked shit for the last half season. Fuckkkkkkkk our lives
I know but at least when he's on I expect him to do well or something good to happen.

It's getting so tiresome watching us play. Everything is so slow and functional. That's why I'd love us to sign Moura. I know we don't need him but I can't be bothered to cherry pick over transfers. When he gets the ball I'm excited, want more players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom