• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
oh jesus christ

How the fuck did Gomel not score? the worst miss I've ever seen

Askani

Sporting Kansas City announced Thursday that the club has signed midfielder Oriol Rosell to a multi-year agreement. The 20-year-old Spaniard joins the team as a discovery signing after spending six years at FC Barcelona, rising through the club’s famed La Masia academy and most recently playing professionally for Barcelona B in Spain’s second division.

Can any of you Barcelona/La Liga followers tell me what kind of player I can expect Rosell to be for us?

Meier

I wasn't particularly impressed with KoL. But its still better than anything a Gallagher brother has done in the last 15 years.

To even suggest that King of Limbs is better than the NGHFB album is absolutely ludicrous.

Can any of you Barcelona/La Liga followers tell me what kind of player I can expect Rosell to be for us?

Sounds like a nice signing! Good to see the MLS attracting guys like that.. even though I don't follow it.

Fry

To even suggest that King of Limbs is better than the NGHFB album is absolutely ludicrous.

Seriously, let it go. I bet most of these people dislike Oasis because of their and Liam Gallagher's involvement with Manchester City.

Wilbur

Banned

Rosell? The president's called Rosell haha, is it his son?

Personally I've never heard of him, but one of the Spanish posters might. Don't think he's been anywhere near the first team ever though.

It really is.

Just found out that City have been one of the first clubs to be granted Category One Academy status.

This means they can recruit young players aged between 12-16 from across England instead of just the limited area they can now.

The campus is going to be awesome.
Have you got the list of clubs and which status they've recieved?

I found out yesterday United got Cat1 but apparently quite a few PL clubs didn't. Thought they'd all get it.

elsk

Banned

An average defender for his age, I guess. I saw him playing in the 11/12 pre-season.
Any player coming for La Masia is going to be at least decent... but don't expect him to be better than your current CBs right now.

Are you Sporting KC fan? Roger Espinoza is doing great at the Olympics!

Wilbur

Banned
Have you got the list of clubs and which status they've recieved?

I found out yesterday United got Cat1 but apparently quite a few PL clubs didn't. Thought they'd all get it.

Newcastle didn't, I know that. I think 16 of the PL teams did? Or it might have been 12 of the 16 that applied or something, can't remember where I read it.

Clegg

Seriously, let it go. I bet most of these people dislike Oasis because of their and Liam Gallagher's involvement with Manchester City.

I don't particularly dislike Oasis. They just haven't had a good album since 1995. They aren't very exciting.

They're what U2 would be like if they were English and 10 years younger.

Except U2 actually had an experimental stage and didn't stick to the same song writing pattern for their entire career.

Hixx

ibijKY8cWbHOMD.gif

I'm listening to Supergrass now. Oh yes.

Also is the Liverpool game on UK TV??

Wilbur

Banned
I don't particularly dislike Oasis. They just haven't had a good album since 1995. They aren't very exciting. They're what U2 would be like if they were English and 10 years younger.

Perfect analogy

Although to be fair I think U2 were better at their peak than Oasis were, and have put out more interesting stuff recently. No Line was at least drastically different and had a few good tunes.

Fry

Is it really that hard to believe that some people don't like their music?

Face it, some of you guys are british and Man Utd fans. It's just obvious.

I despise both Manchester teams, but I'm not from England so I don't really care about the band's origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom