• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't get it either. I'm trying not to be insulting but I really dont think Oasis is anything special at all. It shouldn't be that big of a surprise

Oasis albums should be sellotaped to beginner acoustic guitars.

they're a dull pub band with obnoxious frontmen.

Fucking love it, love it all

Guess what, they are that special in most places. GAF is an exception.

I think I know four people in real life who like Oasis. And I know at least 18 people.

Yen

Face it, some of you guys are british and Man Utd fans. It's just obvious.

I despise both Manchester teams, but I'm not from England so I don't really care about the band's origins.

I think you're trolling now. Anyway, I had no idea he was a city fan until they were bought by the arabs, and city is all he talks about now.

elsk

Banned
Seriously, let it go. I bet most of these people dislike Oasis because of their and Liam Gallagher's involvement with Manchester City.

They have some good songs but that's it. They are a very average band.
I would even rate The Killers ahead of them (Read My Mind is fantastic). There are a lot of bands way better than Oasis, for example in recent years: The Zutons, The Thrills, The Sunday Drivers, The Strokes, Matchbox Twenty and Fleet Foxes (different type of music, but awesome).

Any of those bands are like 50x better than Oasis.

Clegg

Perfect analogy

Although to be fair I think U2 were better at their peak than Oasis were, and have put out more interesting stuff recently. No Line was at least drastically different and had a few good tunes.

U2 had a phenomenal stretch of great music.

The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa.

All brilliant albums released one after the other. They're not quite as good as Dylan in terms of consistency but they really were brilliant in their younger years.

Don't particularly like their newer stuff but NLotH was a step up from their two previous albums.

GorillaJu

I didnt even know Oasis had any involvement with City until a few months back, and I've been lukewarm about them for 10ish years.

Wilbur

Banned
They have some good songs but that's it. They are a very average band.
I would even rate The Killers ahead of them (Read My Mind is fantastic). There are a lot of bands way better than Oasis, for example in recent years: The Zutons, The Thrills, The Sunday Drivers, The Strokes, Matchbox Twenty and Fleet Foxes (different type of music, but awesome).

Any of those bands are like 50x better than Oasis.

Fleet Foxes and Zutons are great. The Strokes started off with one of the most fantastic albums I've ever listened to but faded quickly. Still a few brilliant songs on their later ones mind.

U2 had a phenomenal stretch of great music.

The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa.

All brilliant albums released one after the other. They're not quite as good as Dylan in terms of consistency but they really were brilliant in their younger years.

Don't particularly like their newer stuff but NLotH was a step up from their two previous albums.

Agreed on all counts.

I despise both Manchester teams, but I'm not from England so I don't really care about the band's origins.
I really doubt anybody on here is THAT bitter.

Apart from Arnie who hates the very city of Manchester.

I'm a United fan but I really like Oasis. I don't really give a shit about their entire discography which it's true is not that impressive but they have 7/8 songs that I love and that does for me.

I didnt even know Oasis had any involvement with City until a few months back, and I've been lukewarm about them for 10ish years.
I don't blame you. Theyve upped their interest since City got good.

Pretty sure Liam said he'd make his kids Arsenal fans. And there's a clip of them at a gig at Maine Road pointing saying "that's where we used to sit!"

It was the away end.

Mastadon

Banned
Seeing as we're on music, what are everyone's favourite albums?

Mine's a tie between

kjxGp.jpg

and

wrh0E.png

Empty

aren't the stone roses city fans? i like them.

or was it ian curtis. can't remember. anyway i'm sure between the smiths, stone roses, joy division and autechre there's some city fans, yet i like all of them.

GorillaJu

Favorite albums? Would be hard to choose.

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2
Animal Collective - Here Comes the Indian
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Television - Marquee Moon

Not sure I could pick a favorite from there.

Arnie

Loving watching you zealous music buffs argue about something so inconclusive, and ultimately something that doesn't really merit such discussion. It's a few 'artists' making beeps and boops and moaning poems.

Mastadon

Banned
Favorite albums? Would be hard to choose.

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2
Animal Collective - Here Comes the Indian
The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Television - Marquee Moon

Not sure I could pick a favorite from there.

The Flaming Lips are the best band I've seen live, bar none.

Wilbur

Banned

Mine's a tie between

http://i.imgur.com/kjxGp.jpg[/IG]

and

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wrh0E.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

Brilliant choices, both utterly fantastic albums.

I could sit here all day and list albums but my very favourite is

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Music_blonde_on_blonde.jpg

So I guess my dislike for them is completely natural and unbiased. Seriously if their music was good I wouldn't care if they were rapists and murderers, in the name of Gary Whitta, if the Nazis made good music, I would listen to it.

elsk

Banned
Loving watching you zealous music buffs argue about something so inconclusive, and ultimately something that doesn't really merit such discussion. It's a few 'artists' making beeps and boops and moaning poems.

At least it's better than watching Liverpool play.

GorillaJu

RAWKites came to the conclusion the owners are forcing Rodgers to sell Agger. l.o.l.

My guess is Rodgers just wanted to use the CBs he's used in pre-season thus far and give Agger more time to sharpen up and train with the team.

Yen

So I guess my dislike for them is completely natural and unbiased. Seriously if their music was good I wouldn't care if they were rapists and murderers, in the name of Gary Whitta, if the Nazis made good music, I would listen to it.

Flight of the Valkyries is Wooden's ringtone.
though wagner wasn't a nazi, whatevs

Wilbur

Banned

Yeah it's the whole Polanski argument again.

God there's too many good albums. A lot of the ones you've all listed are fantastic.

Fry

The Eminem Show
The Colour And The Shape
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Pretty Hate Machine
In Utero
Don't Believe the Truth
Sams Town
Urban Hymns

Some of my fav albums.

It's out of:

The Icarus Line - Penance Soiree
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Fuck you. Cock rock rules)
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Duran Duran - Rio

Not sure if I'd pick one out of that lot.

Clegg

RAWKites came to the conclusion the owners are forcing Rodgers to sell Agger. l.o.l.

My guess is Rodgers just wanted to use the CBs he's used in pre-season thus far and give Agger more time to sharpen up and train with the team.

I've noticed that there are a lot of posters on RAWK that are criticizing FSG for their lack of investment.

Seems very silly to me considering they spent the guts of £100m over the last 18 months.

Mine's a tie between

kjxGp.jpg

and

[IMG']http://i.imgur.com/wrh0E.png[/IMG]

There was some top 5 thread on GAF a months time back, my all time favorite is probably Dillingers Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity although I probably like their new singer after the first album more. Then lateralus (tool), Pauls Boutique (Beastie Boys), Confusion Bay (Raunchy) and Technique (new order). Most people on here would no doubt really really hate calcuclating infinity though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtFoUboFyPk

Yen

I've noticed that there are a lot of posters on RAWK that are criticizing FSG for their lack of investment.

Seems very silly to me considering they spent the guts of £100m over the last 18 months.

But we've recouped about £80m of that.

My two favourite albums are:
Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over me
Between the Buried and Me - Colors

Askani

An average defender for his age, I guess. I saw him playing in the 11/12 pre-season.
Any player coming for La Masia is going to be at least decent... but don't expect him to be better than your current CBs right now.

Are you Sporting KC fan? Roger Espinoza is doing great at the Olympics!

Yes I am.

Just went to the Stoke City vs SKC game last night: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40534893&postcount=1375

And yeah, we're really needing Espinoza back. He gets us in trouble with his hard charging, occasionally too aggressive playstyle once in a while, but he's brings so much to the midfield. He's such a big presence in the midfield, he's definitely missed. Glad he's doing well for his home country though.

Clegg

Current Favs:

El Camino
The Monitor
Tidal
The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack
Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

All Time Faves:

Rain Dogs
Dig Lazarus Dig
Swordfishtrombones
Tender Prey