• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Good post.

Vermaelen and Koscielney are good central defenders. But they most definitely aren't world class. Players like Hummels, Kompany, Silva, Vidic (pre-injury) are world class.

The Arsenal lads just aren't in the same league. Although Sagna is a pretty good full back.

15m euros is a bargain.

and the fact that our record signing is Arshavin (and he broke the Jose Antonio Reyes record, iirc :lol) shows that we don't do record signings well. at all. Arshavin was so good too, until he stopped giving a shit and Wenger started playing on the wing. :(

Wenger keeps playing him on the wing despite the man being a No.10 who has always performed in that position for us. Wenger also played Eduardo and Bendtner out wide in their last season effectively ending their time with the club. Arshavin has hinted he doesn't like playing there, and Wenger concedes its not his best position. Don't know whats going on

G17

If he goes, it'll be to the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, and Liverpool, not City or Chelsea.

As others have said, he was on the bench for a lot of last season and he didn't play too well, but he'd be worth the risk in my opinion. PSG have told him he can leave, and he wouldn't cost a whole lot of money (genuinely have no idea where you plucked that £30m figure from).

That figure took into account him leaving the club (which I doubt) and if there were more than one club interested. I don't think PSG will sell him unless they get the type of money only rich clubs would be willing to throw. (20-25 million) If there is a bidding war that will only go up.

It'd be quite a loss for PSG if they sell him for anything under.

Clegg

If Arsenal sign Cazorla then what happens to Walcott? Chamberlain is 5 years younger but already seems to have more footballing intelligence than Theo. He seems to be in a bit of a bind. A better player potentially coming into the club and a wonderkid pushing him at every turn.

jtb

Banned
If Arsenal sign Cazorla then what happens to Walcott? Chamberlain is 5 years younger but already seems to have more footballing intelligence than Theo. He seems to be in a bit of a bind. A better player potentially coming into the club and a wonderkid pushing him at every turn.

sold for 12m to Chelsea, with funds paying for a full back. /pipedream

Cazorla can play all across the midfield. Wenger likes his utility players, doesnt he? :p

MPW

tumblr_m85gq2wxDQ1rc4f99o3_250.jpg

should be a fun friendly match :)

becks vs his old teammates!

K1LLER7

Paulo Freitas, sky sports reporter who focuses on South american teams

São Paulo's vice-president talked to 'Lance!', he said he isn't aware of an #Inter offer, But that a #MUFC offer wasn't good enough.

Back on?

Yen

How's your back these days Yenrot?

Still struggling to wipe my arse, have to go in from the front. Pain is not too bad, no longer on regular medication. Will keep this bloody cast on for another month or two. Atleast I can take it off to lie down, so my day consists of lying with the laptop on my stomach watching tv, and putting my cast on to play Mario Galaxy. Not a bad life.

Vermaelen and Koscielney are good central defenders. But they most definitely aren't world class. Players like Hummels, Kompany, Silva, Vidic (pre-injury) are world class.

The Arsenal lads just aren't in the same league. Although Sagna is a pretty good full back.

Maybe I oversold them a little :lol

I still think they're good enough though, they're certainly better than 49 goals a season.

Kyoufu

Still struggling to wipe my arse, have to go in from the front. Pain is not too bad, no longer on regular medication. Will keep this bloody cast on for another month or two. Atleast I can take it off to lie down, so my day consists of lying with the laptop on my stomach watching tv, and putting my cast on to play Mario Galaxy. Not a bad life.

You could do what us Asian folks usually do. Get a jug like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000TATZCA/

Fill it with water and wash your arse. No need to wipe (other than to dry).

K1LLER7

I would be deeply surprised if we got that much closer to the end of the window and we were still hanging on for a Brazilian club to make up their mind instead of grabbing PL targets.

Once the Olympics are over we should know pretty quickly and atleast we're still going for other players like Dembele. I'm expecting a RVP announcement once Arsenal get Carzola signed. Think he'll be off to Juve though.

Villa fans - What sort of starting line up are you expecting to see from Lambert? Just had a look at the squad and I really can't make one out.

Slizz

So Roberto Carlos retired yesterday.... How did I miss that? Legendary curve.

Excited for Galaxy vs. RM tonight. The Galaxy have been on quite a hot streak in MLS, it should be a fun game.

The owner of Aston Villa sold his American Football team for $1 billion, meaning Lerner is now a very wealthy man. Expect Lambert to get a bit of a war chest.

Oh, and Downing unleashed the dragon.

You don't think you need a central midfielder? I think you need a couple. You can have Spearing if you want?

Wow, all of those replies to my question were wonderful. Also, living in Cleveland, you think I didn't know that! Although, I've read he is still going to be requiring the club to be run like a business. So we won't get reckless spending. Hopefully we will see a nice coup though! Maybe Luca Moura will come to Bodymoor Heath!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

Excited for Galaxy vs. RM tonight. The Galaxy have been on quite a hot streak in MLS, it should be a fun game.

real madrid 10 galaxy - 1

Slizz

K1LLER7

Think i'll watch this, what times the kick-off?

^ Yeah broken for me too

Wilbur

Banned
I can see them, are they broken for anyone else?
Broken for me too.

Is this aimed at Liverpool fans specifically. Maybe it's just me but reading "we" just feels weird sometimes. I think it's a bit too casual, though I guess if that's the direction you want the site to go in that's fine really.

I didn't see the game so I have no idea if what you're saying is fair but it flows nicely throughout so yeah, good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom