• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Fuck it... if you can get good odds on SAFC being relegated I'd stick money on. We are fucking dire... no strikers, very little creativity and our saving grace last season, our defence, seems like it's gone to pot too.

Fuck football.

Lightning

Banned
If there is no buy clause for Sahin then I would prefer us to target someone else. No use developing Real Madrid players but Sahin coming would be the absolute cream for our midfield which I feel is already acceptable with Cazorla's inevitable arrival.

Man U can piss off and buy RVP instead. We'll give you a cut price deal to drop your Interest in Sahin! Hahahahahaha

Clegg

Cocks out again?

Inter Milan director leaves Brazil as Italian press admit Manchester United are ahead in Lucas Moura race

The Lucas Moura news is coming fast over the past few days, yesterday we heard that his parents had told Sao Paulo he wanted to join Manchester United and then later there were rumours, later scotched, that a deal and wages had been agreed with Inter Milan.

Sections of the Italian press got a little excited and ahead of themselves meaning they had to then backtrack greatly, Inter Milan hadn't only not completed a deal - the likelihood was they hadn't even made a bid. Gazzetta confirmed this earlier today and now detail the figures that Inter Milan would be happy to pay for Lucas Moura.

The figures are €20m rising to €25m dependent on appearances and success, it's not close to what Manchester United are reported to have offered so it's a wonder why Inter are bothering unless they are willing to go high above that. For reference, with the exchange rate more favourable to the pound than it has been for several transfer windows, the first figure translates to a relatively modest £15.8m, even the full amount, assuming all targets are met, is 'just' £19.8m.

Marco Branca, the technical director Inter Milan sent to Brazil, returned today and there are no announced plans for him to return. Manchester United are thought to still have representatives in the country and Sao Paulo vice president, Jesus Lopes, was quoted earlier by Lancenet as saying "I was with Juvenal yesterday (Wednesday) and today (Thursday). Just to sit down to negotiate with Manchester, but we were not satisfied with the amounts."

Not only are the Italian press now conceding that Manchester United are ahead in the race but they also seem very worried about reported interest from Anzhi.

Facism

Gold Member
lol i bet he demanded crazy wages and GS said no

take off hulk

Nope, personal terms were agreed. What happened is that GS don't value Melo over 6 million Euros, and Melo's representative company wants 1.9 million or so as a fee. GS were like "fuuuuuuck no he's 29 and you don't want him."

Fady K

I feel you Newcastle/Sunderland fans, we were even worse than boring and dire, we were embarrassing. Lost 3-1 to a championship team today after leading 1-0 lol.

Fucking Olympics - our first choice centre half (Tomkins) has got next to no match time, while our biggest new signing of the window (Diame) hobbled off injured against Mexico. I would be quite happy to do away with international football altogether.

Wessiej

Needed Cabaye/HBA/Marvo.

And to get them we need

DEBUCHY!

How can you play 0-0 against Ado Den Haag? I live in the city and everybody was excited, but they ended on the 15th place last year and they really suck. I predicted 0-6. Also Ajax offered Anita a new contract making him the top earner in the club.

Fucking Olympics - our first choice centre half (Tomkins) has got next to no match time, while our biggest new signing of the window (Diame) hobbled off injured against Mexico. I would be quite happy to do away with international football altogether.

Didn't Tomkins play the first 2 matches?

Kyoufu

How can you play 0-0 against Ado Den Haag? I live in the city and everybody was excited, but they ended on the 15th place last year and they really suck. I predicted 0-6. Also Ajax offered Anita a new contract making him the top earner in the club.

Well we had a goal disallowed even though it wasn't offside... :/

I don't expect Anita (or anyone good) to come this summer lol

Wessiej

Well we had a goal disallowed even though it wasn't offside... :/

I don't expect Anita (or anyone good) to come this summer lol

Still....Ado, whehe.

Also heard Newcastle is willing to make a double bid, Van der Wiel + Anita for 13 million. Lots of money, but hmmm. I can't dislike it because I like Newcastle so much dammit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom