• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Which team of yours was this, Fady? :p

Whoops haha, I forgot that the way I phrased it could have people guessing from among 45+ teams! It was Chelsea, who were so dull. My other team Barca plays in a minute, against PSG, I hope it'll be less boring!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
that wasn't a yellow. ref is shit.

Why? You don't have to whack someone to get a yellow, if you are cynically stopping a counter-attack (especially after farting around with the ball and giving it away) you will always be booked.

GQman2121

Banned
The worst part about all these cards is that they carry over to World Cup qualification. :/

That's just fucking wrong. This has otherwise been an entertaining game though.....

I wish I could say the same about us at Brighton this afternoon. :S

Nice little park they have though.

Ushojax

I hope Brazil's men football team is happy that daddy FIFA is gonna give them a brand new gold medal for their birthday.

lol

Maybe Honduras should look at the dreadful goals they gave away rather than complain about two idiots getting sent off.

You're an idiot. Andate a la verga, pendejo.

large-salt-pile-792875.jpg

LegoArmo

Honduras were fouling all game long, some refs would be lenient and allow it, this one wasn't.

It's not like he was giving fouls that weren't fouls, and decisions that didn't exist. Just a strict referee.

Ushojax

You're an idiot. Andate a la verga, pendejo.

Come on. I wanted Honduras to do well because I loved Wilson Palacios while he was at Spurs, but that first goal they gave away was utterly shambolic. One of the worst I've seen in some time.

Meier

Brazil needs to play Luis Guilherme.. he's a FM wonderkid, can't be any worse than their current keeper.

p.s. Did we talk about Chelsea losing 3-1 against Brighton? City have lost a few friendlies too but their (Chelsea) defense is really struggling. Torres, Hazard, etc. were playing so it wasn't entirely academy players and whatnot.

elsk

Banned
Come on. I wanted Honduras to do well because I loved Wilson Palacios while he was at Spurs, but that first goal they gave away was utterly shambolic. One of the worst I've seen in some time.

Yeah, I agree on Wilmer Crisanto and the goals. But calling Roger Espinoza an idiot after how he played is plain idiotic, Romulo should've been sent off too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Honduras were fouling all game long, some refs would be lenient and allow it, this one wasn't.

It's not like he was giving fouls that weren't fouls, and decisions that didn't exist. Just a strict referee.
The problem wasn't the lack of leniency or not, but that he didn't judge Brazil's fouls the same way he judged Honduras'.

pulga

Banned
My take away from this game?

Our players were in the eyes of scouts worldwide. This could be very positive if more our players leave our league and the MLS for better, prestigious leagues.

Very proud of my team.

elsk

Banned
My take away from this game?

Our players were in the eyes of scouts worldwide. This could be very positive if more our players leave our league and the MLS for better, prestigious leagues.

Very proud of my team.

Roger Espinoza deserves to play in a top european league, what a player!

GQman2121

Banned
Brazil needs to play Luis Guilherme.. he's a FM wonderkid, can't be any worse than their current keeper.

p.s. Did we talk about Chelsea losing 3-1 against Brighton? City have lost a few friendlies too but their (Chelsea) defense is really struggling. Torres, Hazard, etc. were playing so it wasn't entirely academy players and whatnot.

Outside of Mata, it was a full strength side that we will likely play a few times this season. No excuses. They wanted it more today in front of their fans. We need the entire team back to train together now that these summer tourney's are wrapping up. Community Shield could end up being a bloodbath if we defend the way we did today.

Soi-Fong

Any of you guys watch the Brighton v Chelsea game. Pretty funny as hell, but gotta give props to Brighton for owning the current "champions of Europe."

A pretty much full-on first team side against a Championship team and they performed pretty horribly. Seems like that formation didn't work and RDM is gonna have to come up with a way to make this team gel.

Only players really missing were Oscar and Mata.

Gambit

Ribery misses penalty. Here comes the nightmares again

I'll always prefer the Badstubers, van Buytens, van Bommels to shoot penalties instead of the "artists". strength >>> technique

poor Schweinsteigerm but glad we're not meeting Dortmund yet. Especially since I cannot watch tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom