• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Same reason we never sign any top players. United just don't seem to like the idea of paying agents massive fees

7aeq0.jpg

Edit - Too slow to use it perfectly :(

pappe

Its just an excuse they have come up with. I mean, saying that the player declined our offer or declaring we r too broke to offer the extra million the other club is asking for won't instill confidence in the fans and the team. So they found he easy way out, blame the agents. No one likes the agent anyways.

Arnie

Don't care if it isn't reliable, I'm going into Moura mode with that one.

That would probably mean no Allen though. Perhaps we're looking to loan Sahin for a season, then buy Allen next summer in order to keep the agreement Rodgers made. If Sahin's given the option then he'd probably choose Arsenal, though.

This is for you Morsel: Let's hope Mourinho and Alonso have a word about Rodgers and Liverpool respectively.

Arnie

No disrespect to Liverpool but I can't see Sahin choosing them if he's got that choice.

I agree.

However I genuinely don't think United are interested for obvious reasons. That leaves Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool with actual interest. He goes to Arsenal, in my opinion.

Marca is the source for the Sahin to United story.

If thats bullshit then so is the Liverpool one.
But we like buying midfielders. You don't.

jtb

Banned
read that Arsenal's negotiations with Sahin are taking so long because they want the purchase clause. Wouldn't be surprised if we get it, tbh, Mou seems more than willing to let him go and buy Modric. Not to disrespect Liverpool either, but I can't see Sahin choosing Liverpool over Arsenal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No disrespect to Liverpool but I can't see Sahin choosing them if he's got that choice.

But surely he'd be tempted by the presence of the ebullient Stewart Downing and the mercurial Charlie Adam?

Arnie

But surely he'd be tempted by the presence of the ebullient Stewart Downing and the mercurial Charlie Adam?

Whilst I agree completely with his statement, he wouldn't choose Spurs either. No Champions League football and about to lose their best player.

TeegsD

Anyone know where I can find a highlights video for the US v Canada womens semi final. Can't find it on regular sites and youtube is drawing blanks

Feorax

Don't care if it isn't reliable, I'm going into Moura mode with that one.

That would probably mean no Allen though. Perhaps we're looking to loan Sahin for a season, then buy Allen next summer in order to keep the agreement Rodgers made. If Sahin's given the option then he'd probably choose Arsenal, though.

This is for you Morsel: Let's hope Mourinho and Alonso have a word about Rodgers and Liverpool respectively.

I suspect the Allen deal is too far along for it to be next summer. Whilst we don't know for certain, too many noises coming from reliable sources to suggest Allen isn't imminent.

Fuck me, a midfield choice of Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Sahin, Henderson and Shelvey... *drool*

kharma45

I agree.

However I genuinely don't think United are interested for obvious reasons. That leaves Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool with actual interest. He goes to Arsenal, in my opinion

Yeah Arsenal seems the most likely destination at the minute.

Arnie

Liverpool still command a lot of respect abroad, with a history most clubs can only dream of,that being said I hope he joins Arsenal, would love to have him here.

We've got the leg up over Spurs, I reckon. Can't match Arsenal or United though, if their interest is genuine (which we're certain Arsenal's is).

kharma45

Liverpool still command a lot of respect abroad, with a history most clubs can only dream of.That being said I hope he joins Arsenal, would love to have him here.

Not saying they don't but without CL football on offer I can't see him making a move there.

The only, only chance they'd have imo would be a loan deal with a clause to buy him if they make the top 4.

Arnie

Exactly. If you remove Marce where are the rumours coming for the other clubs?

As Clegg clarified, both United and Arsenal are Marca. I think the Sahin to Spurs rumours came about as part of the Modric deal, but Sahin didn't agree, which if you think about it might rule Liverpool out too. He more than probably wants Champions League football.

pappe

I will be furious if Arsenal get Cazorla and Sahin while we are waiting with lube ready and cocks out for Moura only to see him sign for PSG or some other club.

Arnie

I wish I was a moderator so I could stick this Sahin to Liverpool chatter on the back burner. It's setting my muppet signals off in all the wrong places. Liverpool are after Darren Bent, James Milner, and Ashley Williams.

I'm fairly happy with our summer and I was the moment we signed Shinji.

My expectations for the summer were absolutely nil. Kagawa is a dream signing for me.

It could be worse, we could have ended up with Gaitan.

Plus we're going to get RVP anyway and Meus will have an epic meltdown.

Arnie

I really do get the feeling he's staying put. I think Podolski will be played as one of the flanking three, and Giroud will act as an understudy. At this point I don't think Arsenal will budge on their asking price, and I don't think any club will match it.

Clegg

I'm fairly happy with our summer and I was the moment we signed Shinji.

My expectations for the summer were absolutely nil. Kagawa is a dream signing for me.

It could be worse, we could have ended up with Gaitan.

Fuck that.

#MouraPowellFutureForever

elsk

Banned
With Kagawa in the squad, I don't see how Manchester United could use another striker and specially an expensive one like RvP.

Rooney will most likely start as striker from now on, and Chicharito and the other guy are there too. (if Fergie wants to make sense)

Arnie

Chicharito and the other guy are there too. (if Fergie wants to make sense)

Chicarito's been a bit shit lately, and with Berbatov off I think it's plausible they'd be in the market for another striker. It's stick or twist though, because they could go all in to develop Welbeck.

Clegg

Berbatov is still at United and it doesn't seem like he has any suitors.

I feel sorry for him. Hes fantastically talented but nobody wants to take a punt on him.

elsk

Banned
Berbatov is still at United and it doesn't seem like he has any suitors.

I feel sorry for him. Hes fantastically talented but nobody wants to take a punt on him.

I read Real Sociedad wants him for 3M or something like that, I didn't pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom