• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
With Kagawa in the squad, I don't see how Manchester United could use another striker and specially an expensive one like RvP.

Rooney will most likely start as striker from now on, and Chicharito and the other guy are there too. (if Fergie wants to make sense)

I think we'll play 4-2-3-1 as nominal first choice:

De Gea (Lindegaard)

Rafael (Jones) Rio (Smalling) Vidic (Evans) Evra (Blackett? Brady? Whoever it is)

Scholes (Cleverley) Carrick (Fletcher/Anderson)

Valencia (Welbeck) Kagawa (Rooney) Nani (Young)

Rooney (Hernandez)

pappe

Berbatov is still at United and it doesn't seem like he has any suitors.

I feel sorry for him. Hes fantastically talented but nobody wants to take a punt on him.
I kind of hope Berba stays now and SAF uses him as no. 2 strike option after Rooney. I think him n Shinji can strike up a good partnership.

I was just joking about RVP really.

I have no idea what's gonna happen there. All things are still possible but I think Fergie genuinely really wants him. Our last bid was £15m and I think anything beyond that will make Arsenal seriously consider selling him.

Would be a totally OTT signing IMO, just like Moura, but like Moura, I'd love it if we had him.

Just so damn confusing why this money isn't being used in midfield or at left back. Bizzare.

elsk

Banned

De Gea (Lindegaard)

Rafael (Jones) Rio (Smalling) Vidic (Evans) Evra (Blackett? Brady? Whoever it is)

Rooney (Hernandez)

I think it will be a 4-4-1-1 but yeah almost the same thing. Welbeck as winger? AVB-mode-on.
I think he'll rotate the four of them (Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez, Rooney)... Kagawa/Rooney behind Chicha/Welbeck. It would be interesting to see Kagawa playing with Rooney upfront, tho.

Clegg

De Gea (Lindegaard)

Rooney (Hernandez)

This would be my preferred formation too.

And I think we could change it up a bit when playing weaker teams. I imagine SAF will want to experiment with Kagawa at CM so we could have a Carrick and Kagawa combo, the usual wingers and then Rooney and Welbeck/Hernandez up front.

Wilbur

Banned
I think it will be a 4-4-1-1 but yeah almost the same thing. Welbeck as winger? AVB-mode-on.
I think he'll rotate the four of them (Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez, Rooney)... Kagawa/Rooney behind Chicha/Welbeck.

4-4-1-1 is probably more likely, yeah. Lets Carrick and Scholes play a little higher up. Same formation exactly I suppose.

I think Rooney will be a mainstay but for the first half of the season will be switched between striker and in the hole to accommodate Welbeck. Hernandez needs to step up his game to be honest, was pretty poor last season.

And I think we could change it up a bit when playing weaker teams. I imagine SAF will want to experiment with Kagawa at CM so we could have a Carrick andKagawa combo, the usual wingers and the Ronney and Welbeck/Hernandez up front.

It would be interesting to see how Kagawa works a little deeper but fuck I hope we don't do an Anderson and convert him unsuccessfully.

elsk

Banned

And I think we could change it up a bit when playing weaker teams. I imagine SAF will want to experiment with Kagawa at CM so we could have a Carrick and Kagawa combo, the usual wingers and then Rooney and Welbeck/Hernandez up front.

I don't really see Kagawa as an CAM (center attacking midfielder), I think he's closer to be an striker than a midfielder... so moving to CM wouldn't really work that well IMO.

Good luck to him.

He can join Tottenh... oh nvm.

I think he wants Champions League football.

Yeah, can't begrudge him for that - he's a quality player that the majority of Hammers fans would be overjoyed to have at the club, but we're hardly an attractive prospect to most, especially as we can't compete with the silly wages other teams are throwing about.

Wilbur

Banned
He can join Tottenh... oh nvm.

tumblr_m5spe2RxzP1ru7p63o4_1280.jpg

Clegg

It would be interesting to see how Kagawa works a little deeper but fuck I hope we don't do an Anderson and convert him unsuccessfully.

I think Kagawa was brought in specifically to play in the position behind the striker. You could see that we were lacking creativity through the middle last year so he was bought to try and solve that problem. Pre-season matches aren't exactly indicative of how we'll play but every game Shinji has started he's played in a central role behind the striker.

And I also think that SAF will have learned from his mistake with Anderson and he won't try to change Kagawas position permanently. I think we'll see him play as a CM a couple of times as an experiment but I'm pretty sure he'll play mostly as an attacking midfielder.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope AVB sucks and Tottenheim flop. We can't afford to lose our first game.

I don't think we've won at your place in years. I wouldn't worry too much. Parker, Modric And Sandro may not even be playing, we might have Defoe up front as well.

Salvadora

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...-star-lucas-poised-snub-man-united-psg-178027
Manchester United look set to miss out on signing Brazilian talent Lucas Moura amid reports the prodigious talent favours a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

Brazilian website Globoesporte.com claims a number of factors have swayed the 19-year-old into selecting Paris, with the youngster apparently thinking Manchester is "boring".
PSG also has Leonardo as its director of football and he is believed to have played a key role in convincing his compatriot to move to France as he also played for Moura's current side Sao Paulo and has a close working relationship with the teenager's agent, Wagner Ribeiro.
Brazil and Moura are currently in England competing in the Olympics and the Samba stars have placed a ban on players entering contract negotiations while they focus on gold in London.
That has delayed any deal being completed but it is likely to be finalised once Moura returns to his club.
However, PSG will have to part with a player to facilitate the deal as they have already reached their limit of non-Europeans in their squad.
:lol :lol

Arnie

In fairness, I found Paris obscenely boring when I went. Didn't help that I travelled there on a train after 3 days in Amsterdam, which is the best city I've ever been to.

Kyoufu

I don't think we've won at your place in years. I wouldn't worry too much. Parker, Modric And Sandro may not even be playing, we might have Defoe up front as well.

I'm pretty worried tbh. We'll put up a fight but you guys spent a lot. May even have Modric which is just joajfdcodj ugh. Not only that but Pardew is half-hearted. Thinks he's going to get anything from that game with our current squad.

Also, LOL at Anderson. Too many pies.

Clegg

Lucas has the same agent as Robinho.

It wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't heard good things about Manchester from him.

Wessiej

In fairness, I found Paris obscenely boring when I went. Didn't help that I travelled there on a train after 3 days in Amsterdam, which is the best city I've ever been to.

Amsterdam is good heh. Going to a fucked up concert there on friday, have a festival there on saturday and the first match of the season on sunday. Im done by monday, but that is not possible.

Arnie

Amsterdam is good heh. Going to a fucked up concert there on friday, have a festival there on saturday and the first match of the season on sunday. Im done by monday, but that is not possible.

That sounds like a class weekend.

Kyoufu, stop being melodramatic; you've still got a really good squad, even without a £7 million right back.

And I also think that SAF will have learned from his mistake with Anderson and he won't try to change Kagawas position permanently. I think we'll see him play as a CM a couple of times as an experiment but I'm pretty sure he'll play mostly as an attacking midfielder.

I doubt even that happens. Everyone's become obsessed with our issues at CM, so I'm not surprised seeing the idea floated. Just watching the pre-season, if you haven't seen his performances for Dortmund, it's already obvious how much Kagawa adds to the versatility and potency of our attack through the middle. With him on the pitch, our attack isn't just the static pair of Carrick and Scholes whacking it out wide; unlike Rooney, he's a true number ten who can drop deep intelligently, pass and move in tight spaces, and dribble well consistently - all with excellent first touch. Fuck, I'd rather move Rooney out wide than displace Kagawa from that position. But I do expect him to see a bit of rotation cutting in from the left, to give Welbeck and Chicharito game-time against lesser sides.

kharma45

I still have flash backs to that monster of a few weeks ago. Felt like a chest burster was forcing it's way out of my arse.

I had a similar one not too long ago. It wasn't for fucking coming out so I thought I'd leave it for later, went to stand up after a wipe and by fuck it was some of the most chronic pain I'd ever felt, had to sit down again and just wait it out.

Never known a shite to get the better of me.

Arnie

I had a similar one not too long ago. It wasn't for fucking coming out so I thought I'd leave it for later, went to stand up after a wipe and by fuck it was some of the most chronic pain I'd ever felt, had to sit down again and just wait it out.

Never known a shite to get the better of me.

I feel you. Waiting and pushing is the worst part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom