• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to really like playing golf on PS2, shit was so awesome and the celebrations you could unlock were fantastic, had this hideous obese woman rolling around in the grass and shit whenever she won. Anyway yeah it sucks watching, but we all know the only other sport really worth watching other than football is Curling.

Wilbur

Banned
Clegg, Miguel Delaney still seems to think United will get Moura. He seems pretty confident

I don't really want him but I'll admit ledman gave me a little semi earlier when posting his ITK stuff about Moura's talents.

He's just not what we need right now, and that's what's annoying me.

I used to really like playing golf on PS2, shit was so awesome and the celebrations you could unlock were fantastic, had this hideous obese woman rolling around in the grass and shit whenever she won. Anyway yeah it sucks watching, but we all know the only other sport really worth watching other than football is Curling.
OMG CURLING YES!

I really wanna play Curling.

Wilbur

Banned
According to the Guardian:

Manchester City have been told they will have to pay more than £22m to lure Daniel Agger from Liverpool, having made an informal approach for the Denmark international.

If they're spending more than that on Lescott (a fine defender don't get me wrong), Agger's a fucking steal at that price.

Tom Cleverley is expected to make his England debut in next week's friendly against Italy in Berne after the Manchester United midfielder impressed Roy Hodgson with his contribution to Team GB's campaign at the Olympic Games.

All according to keikaku

Arnie

I find basketball boring because of how free flowing the scoring is. For example, I find baseball less boring because there's always an element of tension, in that there's a finite number of pitches, or the batter could hit a home run. Basketball just seems like a monotonous drone of back and forth scoring.

Good, I'm somewhat relieved to see the price for Agger being so high. We either receive an astronomical fee, or we keep hold of him.

Clydefrog

My college roommates and I were the undisputed masters of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 on PS2. NO ONE could beat either of us. Playing against each other always came down to "who's going to make one mistake?"

rodvik

That sucks - I'd like to have seen you guys build on last season's successes. No disrespect to the club, but I think they exceeded above all expectations, and probably their ability. I'd hate to see Newcastle go back to some mid table obscurity... like Villa.

And yeah, I do enjoy signing exciting players, but I'm a realist. £32 million pounds is a massive amount of money however you slice it - in some ways I wish the sport had transfer and wage limits, leaving it up to the coaches and the systems themselves to distinguish themselves from other clubs. As it stands there's no way that clubs can mount a sustained challenge against the kind of money that my club, and others, can spend.

Screw you guy, screw you.

After last seasons relegation run we dream of midtable obscurity :)

How can anyone think basketball is boring? One of the most exciting sports there is.

The Greeks sure seems to be excited about it, but watching the sport myself is just... Incredible dull. I saw Seattles team play once and it bored me to tears, at least there was awesome nasty food there to eat.

OMG CURLING YES!

I really wanna play Curling.

I want to try and play it too, but not even sure where you would be able to try it.

My college roommates and I were the undisputed masters of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 on PS2. NO ONE could beat either of us. Playing against each other always came down to "who's going to make one mistake?"

Haha yeah it only took one moment of stupidity to doom yourself, so punishing but pretty fun to play.

I find basketball boring because of how free flowing the scoring is. For example, I find baseball less boring because there's always an element of tension, in that there's a finite number of pitches, or the batter could hit a home run. Basketball just seems like a monotonous drone of back and forth scoring.

Good, I'm somewhat relieved to see the price for Agger being so high. We either receive an astronomical fee, or we keep hold of him.

This is exactly how I feel, plus the squeak squeak squeak sound of their trainers gets on my tits.

I think you've hit the nail on the head of why I really don't like it!

Bahaha, saw this linked in the Olympics thread.. extension of the JT meme. So good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...0/John-Terrys-Golden-Games.html?frame=2298326

He also brought the kids to the euros

bx1mA.jpg

Fintan

I like golf, but then again snooker is one of my favourite sports so...

Going to try watch the NFL this year. Only ever really watched the Superbowl.

Arnie

Although £22m + is encouraging for a player who's likely to offer between 20-30 games a season, there's a greater concern involved in selling our best players, and the ramifications of that. It sends out clear signals to other clubs that our players are purchasable, and it more importantly tells those top players in our squad that the club's not adamant on keeping their best players and progressing.

I don't think we'd be as fussed if we'd shown a greater nouse in the transfer window. As it is we spunked away £100 million last summer, an extra few million on the Agger deal isn't that reassuring to be honest, especially when we're linked with half the Swansea squad as a result.

Olympics basketball hasn't been that great but NBA is awesome.

I've still enjoyed the Olympics basketball though, the skill on show by the US team is amazing. Such a difficult sport to play.

WJD

The Greeks sure seems to be excited about it, but watching the sport myself is just... Incredible dull. I saw Seattles team play once and it bored me to tears, at least there was awesome nasty food there to eat.

I want to try and play it too, but not even sure where you would be able to try it.

Haha yeah it only took one moment of stupidity to doom yourself, so punishing but pretty fun to play.

Curling's awesome. I managed to try some in Canada when I was there a couple of years ago.

Labadal

Golf fan? I enjoyed it once (Ryder Cup many moons ago) but can't stand it now.

Just joking. I watch like 1 or 2 ttournaments per year. Most of my work buddies were big golf fans, so they got me playing with them, but I still suck. Playing is actually really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom