• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently BFS has made an offer for Yossi Benayoun - wouldn't mind seeing him make a return, and it's not like he's going to get regular first team football at Chelsea.

We've dropped interest in Carroll, because he has no interest in lowering his almighty presence to our level. Well, fuck him.

And Ravel's likely going out on loan to Brum for the season. Could be good for the lad, hopefully he sees it that way.

Moobabe

I don't even know anymore. Lots of negative reports coming now that we're missing out on players this window.

I'm pretty much done hoping.

But honestly, if I were you, I'd enjoy the money while you can. I'd love to be in that sort of position personally.

That sucks - I'd like to have seen you guys build on last season's successes. No disrespect to the club, but I think they exceeded above all expectations, and probably their ability. I'd hate to see Newcastle go back to some mid table obscurity... like Villa.

And yeah, I do enjoy signing exciting players, but I'm a realist. £32 million pounds is a massive amount of money however you slice it - in some ways I wish the sport had transfer and wage limits, leaving it up to the coaches and the systems themselves to distinguish themselves from other clubs. As it stands there's no way that clubs can mount a sustained challenge against the kind of money that my club, and others, can spend.

Labadal

Apparently BFS has made an offer for Yossi Benayoun - wouldn't mind seeing him make a return, and it's not like he's going to get regular first team football at Chelsea.

We've dropped interest in Carroll, because he has no interest in lowering his almighty presence to our level. Well, fuck him.

And Ravel's likely going out on loan to Brum for the season. Could be good for the lad, hopefully he sees it that way.

We'll give you Joe Cole.

kharma45

Then how do you know?

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

Kyoufu

Can we finally start acknowledging Women's Football?

That sucks - I'd like to have seen you guys build on last season's successes. No disrespect to the club, but I think they exceeded above all expectations, and probably their ability. I'd hate to see Newcastle go back to some mid table obscurity... like Villa.

And yeah, I do enjoy signing exciting players, but I'm a realist. £32 million pounds is a massive amount of money however you slice it - in some ways I wish the sport had transfer and wage limits, leaving it up to the coaches and the systems themselves to distinguish themselves from other clubs. As it stands there's no way that clubs can mount a sustained challenge against the kind of money that my club, and others, can spend.

We have lots of able players. Cabaye for example is a French international. We did over-achieve last season but only because of other teams slipping. I would have been VERY confident of next season if we had made improvements. We haven't, so my hopes are not high. :(

As for spending, I wonder how FFP will affect the sugar daddy clubs. I'm guessing it won't change anything.

K1LLER7

It was a very entertaining game tonight but the standard of play is still too poor for me to enjoy, granted it was better than normal tonight but for most of the games it's been painful to watch.
Both games today have been the best I've seen in the Olympics. Though I agree most games have been pretty boring

Talon

Can we finally start acknowledging Women's Football?
Only when Carlie Lloyd stops striking the ball straight into an opposing forward.

The quality of players has certainly got better. The passes up the field seem more crisp than the last WC, but the defenders are woeful for every team.

Also, Rampinoe's is talented as hell. She creates so much for that team.

Arnie

And again, Im not a ITK.

We all know, but you have to realise that by only entering this thread to fire off a bolded transfer revelation, then you come across as one. Especially when your rare cameos offer little substantiating evidence or sourcing, despite your continued clarification that you aren't some in the know informant.

Not only that but, from my own personal experiences with you, you haven't got everything right, and the one you did get right could've been called by Stevie Wonder. It's hard not to pigeonhole you, which you seem upset about (and if so, then I apologise), when you're so consistently obnoxious in your minimal, yet bolded and italicised responses.

Once more, for extra clarification, I've got no problem with speculation, rumours, hell even people saying certain transfers are nailed on, I just take exception to the idea that someone's got information above and beyond the rest, and if someone is posturing as such then I'd like to know where it comes from.

Had a look through Andowlove's Instagram before. Was heart breaking, I kinda love the guy...if he was a good player I'd be his biggest fan. Was funny to see how many pictures of Ronaldo he had on there. Think he's a Madrid fan.

Btw

MUFC will not sign a midfielder this summer.

Tbf to The Other One, as I said before, he's yet to get anything wrong. So whether he is an ITK, just latches on to good information or Arsene Wenger himself...he's 3 and 0 right now.

I'm holding you to M'Vila though. Things do change, but 17 days was emphatic.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
West Ham and QPR in for Jenas.

Send 'em down JJ, just like Robbie did.

The Olympics thread is now like the euros thread in that more casual fans see a ball hitting a hand and say its an indisputable handball

Kind of ignorant really in a way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom