• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Whats the opinion on Nani anyway?

When he plays to his very best I think hes the best winger in the league.

The problem is that hes wildly inconsistent.

Valencia is probably a better bet just because he rarely has terrible games, unlike Nani.

Salazar

Valencia is probably a better bet just because he rarely has terrible games, unlike Nani.

Valencia's just less versatile. And more one-footed.

I fucking love drilled crosses, though. If you're not Becks, don't keep floating it in and hoping.

dc89

I'm such a wimp. RE5 has got me a little rattled and it's not even a truly scary game! The opening is in broad day light ffs.

kharma45

Pretty much. I'll give him this year (same for Anderson) to finally prove he can be consistently good otherwise I'd be very happy to see him go and us try with someone else.

As limited as Valencia is, he always tries no matter what.

ElyrionX

Valencia is decent but It's really hard to forget how completely ineffective he was in that CL final. And that was at a time when he was enjoying a fine run of form. Then Nani came on for him and was so much better at bringing the game to Barca.

Valencia is good but Nani is worldclass.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm such a wimp. RE5 has got me a little rattled and it's not even a truly scary game! The opening is in broad day light ffs.

dead space was the game I can say that put me in such a tense mood that I couldnt play for more than 2 hours.

loved it, exactly for that reason. fuck ea and their coop noise.

dc89

dead space was the game I can say that put me in such a tense mood that I couldnt play for more than 2 hours.

loved it, exactly for that reason. fuck ea and their coop noise.

Yeah I want to play that. I do like some horror games. Siren Blood Curse - that had me shitting my pants.

Clegg

Pretty much. I'll give him this year (same for Anderson) to finally prove he can be consistently good otherwise I'd be very happy to see him go and us try with someone else.

As limited as Valencia is, he always tries no matter what.

I can't agree with this. Nani has already proven himself. When hes on form hes an even bigger attacking threat than Rooney. Like I said, its his inconsistency that lets him down. Two seasons ago he was absolutely sensational and imo carried the team from October to February.

Anderson, on the other hand, has never shown that he has what it takes to be a truly good footballer. He swings from decent to shit in the space of a single game.

dc89

:O City close to signing Sinclair.

I don't know what to think about this.

Mancini's reaction to actually signing someone will be this:

de21e7d8e07b11e1939222000a1e8b24_7.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:O City close to signing Sinclair.

I don't know what to think about this.

Just another warm body to replace Adam Johnson on the bench, presumably. The squad players hate Mancini so much you need to change them every season more or less.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Changed to reflect perplexing reality.

Yeah, that would be a disastrous move for Moses. He gets to start every week for Wigan, at Chelsea he probably wouldn't get off the bench most weeks. I don't understand why Chelsea want him, besides going back to their old ways of hoarding players so other clubs can't get them.

Yeah, that would be a disastrous move for Moses. He gets to start every week for Wigan, at Chelsea he probably wouldn't get off the bench most weeks. I don't understand why Chelsea want him, besides going back to their old ways of hoarding players so other clubs can't get them.

They have a standing order on young attacking midfielders.

Clegg

TBH I'd be happy enough if we missed out on Moura because the fee was too high. £35m is an insane amount to spend on a 19 year old.

My only concern is that we won't use that money to buy someone else if the Lucas deal falls through.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's getting thicker!

tumblr_m8dnj1R8jY1r9wrg0o1_500.jpg

It's okay. We're used to it, with FIGC trying to fuck us royally and all that.

Speaking of Suarez, we're not willing to pay 30M€ for Jovetic and we go after Suarez? Bahaha. This is the week our dreams die, I think. I'm ready.

http://www.spettegola.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Pazzini3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[s]Denial[/s]
[s]Anger[/s]
[s]Bargaining[/s] AKA Loan/Swap players
[s]Depression[/s]
[B]Acceptance[/B].

Gio-Matri sounds good to me right now.

Clegg

I am convinced this will happen. Mainly because we dont have that amount of money to spend in the first place.

Its getting a bit desperate now.

Kagawa and Hazard were plan A.

Moura looks like he's plan B.

But that deal doesn't look like its going through. Do we even have a plan C?

K1LLER7

TBH I'd be happy enough if we missed out on Moura because the fee was too high. £35m is an insane amount to spend on a 19 year old.

My only concern is that we won't use that money to buy someone else if the Lucas deal falls through.
We could spend half of that and still buy a top midfielder.

Salazar

Dembele, no?

I've been trying to tell them.

I don't suppose you've seen this, Salazar?

Actually one of the country's better newspapers. But they are bleeding editorial talent and have had zero morale for a while.

This is just bizarre bollocks

Dark-haired, deep-eyed and engaging, Taylor is not what you'd expect in a fighting Irishwoman. Her brother worked for NASA and became the youngest mathematics lecturer in the history of Dublin's Trinity College. Katie is deeply rooted in her mother's Christian faith, an avid bible reader who zones out to songs of worship.

It somehow comes as a surprise for an Irish family to be academically inclined and religious ?

I'm probably the only United fan here who would agree with you, I'd be happy enough to let Nani leave for a reasonable fee.

Whilst he has his moments he's immensely frustrating to watch at times, and is either very good or very poor, very few times he has anything inbetween.

But if you let Nani go, you get the more inconsistent Young. Remember that Nani is playing on the left even though he prefers being on the right to make room for Valencia. And yet he still does better than Young on the left side. Nani also provides cover on both sides in case someone gets injured, which is a blessing for United.

Furthermore, getting rid of Nani would mean United's attack getting even more predictable.

So yeah, I disagree and would not be ok with letting go of Nani.

Clegg

Sao Paulo have confirmed that Paris Saint Germain have made contact over in-demand forward Lucas Moura.

Manchester United have already bid for the teenager this summer, whilst Inter Milan have also spoken to the 19-year-old.

However, neither United nor Inter have been able to meet Sao Paulo's demands - which are reportedly around £45million (£35.7million).

Inter chief Massimo Moratti said on Tuesday that PSG had indeed made a bid which matched Sao Paulo's valuation.

Now speaking to France-based newspaper Le 10 Sport, Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes has confirmed PSG have made contact.

"We have been probed by PSG about Lucas," he admitted.

The Brazilian club's official also confirmed that former Sao Paulo star and current PSG sporting director Leonardo was in regular contact.

"Leonardo has a very good relationship with Sao Paulo. But for now nothing is definite," he added.

It is believed that PSG's offer would see Moura remain in Brazil until January, but Lopes says the player will make the final decision on his future.

"The possibility exists but it is down to the player's interests. The policy of Sao Paulo is to follow the desires of the player. If the player wishes to leave, Sao Paulo will not create any obstacle. But we must receive a proposal that is appropriate," he said.

"It's a financial issue. Paris Saint-Germain is a big club in European football and if the player's interests and also the club's are met, I do not see why it would not happen."

They don't even need him ffs.

But now that we know United have £30m to spend, I expect us to buy a top class CM.

Right. Right?

kharma45

I can't agree with this. Nani has already proven himself. When hes on form hes an even bigger attacking threat than Rooney. Like I said, its his inconsistency that lets him down. Two seasons ago he was absolutely sensational and imo carried the team from October to February.

Anderson, on the other hand, has never shown that he has what it takes to be a truly good footballer. He swings from decent to shit in the space of a single game.

Which is what I was agreeing with... he's talented but doesn't consistently perform.

Anderson has been unlucky in two ways, injuries and SAF playing him out of position since he arrived. I would give him this year ahead to see what happens, he'll be 25 next summer so he won't be too old to get moved on.

But if you let Nani go, you get the more inconsistent Young. Remember that Nani is playing on the left even though he prefers being on the right to make room for Valencia. And yet he still does better than Young on the left side. Nani also provides cover on both sides in case someone gets injured, which is a blessing for United.

Furthermore, getting rid of Nani would mean United's attack getting even more predictable.

So yeah, I disagree and would not be ok with letting go of Nani.

Nani is pretty predictable too tbh.

I don't really like Young either but from a purely statistical point of view him and Nani were pretty much on a par with goals to games last year (Young got 8 in 32 vs Nani getting 10 in 40) and at least Young has the ability to take set pieces which Nani does not, and I presume Young could play on the right hand side too, I'd find it bizarre for a right footed player to not be able to.

It's not that I really want rid of Nani but when it comes between getting rid of him and Young, Nani will be the easier to move on and we'd get more money for him too. He's a good player but I find him overrated by the majority of United fans, and if the right offer came in I'd be happy enough to see him go and a replacement, like James Rodriquez, come in his place.

Salvadora

Yep. We have done fantastic business this summer. Cazorla, Grioud and Polodski all for under £40m? Superb :D

I feel like I'll wake up soon an its all been a dream. We could use some defensive signings but overall I'm happy with the business we've done so far. The players we've bought have been for fantastic prices.

Nani has more assists in the PL over the last 2 years than anybody else. Last season he missed a couple of months through injury aswell. Plus he plays on the left wing which isn't even his best position.

He had the highest assists/minutes ratio of any player in the PL over the last decade too I think. (I read this on Opta).

Nani IS inconsistent and he is frustrating but he delivers. If he found consistency he would be an incredible player. There is no way we should consider selling him because to sign a player better we'd have to be looking to bid £50m and above.

He's our 2nd/3rd best player and has the rare ability to produce magic. We don't have enough players like that which is why there's no way he should be leaving and exactly why he should be given £120k a week. He's asking for what lesser players earn elsewhere. That's tough on us I guess, we didn't inflate the market, but just like Rooney you have to live with it if you want to keep your better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom