• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shares are pretty worthless right?
Well, I dunno. Not worthless...there is a value attached to them, especially now if the entire offer has been taken up. Just I can't see anybody making a profit from them any time soon. No dividend/voting rights means the only gain is in reselling the shares at a latter date.

I personally can't see anybody buying the club for a value above £2bn...but obv. I could be wrong. I was totally wrong about people taking an interest in the IPO.

Like I mentioned before, the Dodgers (baseball) were bought for $2 billion. They're not even close to being as valuable as United are. Someone would buy.
I don't really know anything about the LA Dodgers sale but a value of £2bn for MUFC is 20x EBITDA, generally the rule is to value a company at 10x. Of course MUFC still has potential for growth and is a really unique brand itself, but it's a really really high valuation.

But like players I guess it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. Don't see the Glazer's selling anytime soon now anyway.

snoopen

I'm sure you can make a great song for Cazorla to the tune of Lola

not that it matters because most of the singing will be Christmas related, lol

Liverpool culture.

Someone's getting fired at LFCtv. But I don't care! New contract for Suarez!

mourinhowelldone.gif

Jensen

I don't know why people still think the Glazer's will do something for the good of the club.

Maybe i'm too cynical but I struggle to find anything good that they've done over the last 7 years.

Why would they start now?

This ensures that if they ever do sell up they will ask for £2bn. Lame.
Ticket prices during the Glazer ownership haven't grown anywhere near as much as they did when the club was listed, commercial revenue is a lot higher.

confuziz

Banned
Ask him why he's not moving to Newcastle pls.

He said to me he's waiting for the 15th of august before announcing whether he's going to stay or not (on that day he officially becomes eglible for the dutch national team).

Edit : By the way. The way he acts makes me believe he's going to stay one more year.

Ticket prices during the Glazer ownership haven't grown anywhere near as much as they did when the club was listed, commercial revenue is a lot higher.
50% rise in ticket prices since they took over. The prices are still generally fair when compared across the league but I don't think the pricing policy has been "good" or in the interest of supporters.

Commercial revenue has increased plenty, no doubt, gotta hand it to them they've increase the coffers massively. But we haven't seen any of the money...so it's a moot point in terms of actually benefiting the club.

Carbonox

He said to me he's waiting for the 15th of august before announcing whether he's going to stay or not (on that day he officially becomes eglible for the dutch national team).

Tell him I said hi and will fud his bumhole if he moves to the Toon.

dont tell him the last part but tell him i said hi

Meier

I don't really know anything about the LA Dodgers sale but a value of £2bn for MUFC is 20x EBITDA, generally the rule is to value a company at 10x. Of course MUFC still has potential for growth and is a really unique brand itself, but it's a really really high valuation.

Broadcast rights are different in the US than they are for Premier League teams. KidA Seven is failing to mention that the Dodgers are expected to sign a TV deal worth as much as $4 billion. This is money that is directly to the club and not the shared revenue that United (and the other PL clubs) get at the end of the season -- there is additional shared revenue that the MLB provides to all the teams in the league on top of their own rights they can sell. The Dodgers are probably the top 5-10 most storied franchises in American sport... right there with the Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers and Celtics. This new deal is expected to be signed at the end of the 2013 season and is expected to be worth around $4 billion over 15 years -- it definitely drove up the cost of the Dodgers. The LA Lakers signed a $3b over 20 year deal and there are only half as many games broadcast.

For comparison, the Cleveland Browns were just sold for $1b and there's no one would put them in the same realm as the Dodgers. Major American sports franchises are worth shitloads of money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Funny news coming from Beijing. Two Napoli staff members spied on Juve's training session this morning. They were caught.

Apparently the two Napoli spies were watching Juve from another building. When they were found out, they ran into the bathroom.

:/

Broadcast rights are different in the US than they are for Premier League teams. KidA Seven is failing to mention that the Dodgers are expected to sign a TV deal worth as much as $4 billion. This is money that is directly to the club and not the shared revenue that United (and the other PL clubs) get at the end of the season -- there is additional shared revenue that the MLB provides to all the teams in the league on top of their own rights they can sell. The Dodgers are probably the top 5-10 most storied franchises in American sport... right there with the Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers and Celtics. This new deal is expected to be signed at the end of the 2013 season and is expected to be worth around $4 billion over 15 years -- it definitely drove up the cost of the Dodgers. The LA Lakers signed a $3b over 20 year deal and there are only half as many games broadcast.

For comparison, the Cleveland Browns were just sold for $1b and there's no one would put them in the same realm as the Dodgers. Major American sports franchises are worth shitloads of money.

Didn't know about Dodgers getting a tv deal. I know the Lakers got one worth $2 billion.

Edit: $3 billion for Lakers? My memory is shit.

Carbonox

Tamas Kadar has joined Roda JC on a free from Newcastle. Poor guy had so much potential but was injured 99.9% of the time. Farewell my fellow Hungarian. :(

Meier

GAF has been shit this morning.. won't stay up. Apparently Laudrup is asking for £20m for Allen -- at this point, that just doesn't seem like very good business for Liverpool but who knows. If I could buy Clint Dempsey for half that (and he was willing), I wouldn't blink.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...pool-to-pay-L20-million-for-joe-allen?cc=5901

Also saw a different story which suggested 'Pool was interested in signing Guidetti. Loan or bust, Mancini.

sohois

GAF has been shit this morning.. won't stay up. Apparently Laudrup is asking for £20m for Allen -- at this point, that just doesn't seem like very good business for Liverpool but who knows. If I could buy Clint Dempsey for half that (and he was willing), I wouldn't blink.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...pool-to-pay-L20-million-for-joe-allen?cc=5901

Also saw a different story which suggested 'Pool was interested in signing Guidetti. Loan or bust, Mancini.

It doesn't matter if Laudrup is asking for £20million, it has been very widely reported that the release clause for Allen is £15million.

Football-Italia posted a bullshit report about reports in Italy that Conte has offered to resign. My Twitter is going apeshit with journalists calling Football-Italia on their shit, which is troubling, since I've always found F-I fairly good about their reporting.

It's telling, though, that they used the report part of "Report: Conte to Resign?" as part of their headline. Seems they knew it was bullshit, too.

Mastadon

Banned

Allen has a release clause for £15m for certain clubs including Liverpool, so not sure what Laudrup is talking about!

Arnie

No, he's saying Allen is worth £20 million when you consider the signings we've already made in central midfield. The release clause is £15 million, if we offer that they have to accept. I also believe the effect Allen would have on our ability to play the Rodgers style is worth £15 million, too.

Not seen a thing of this Guidetti.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Football-Italia posted a bullshit report about reports in Italy that Conte has offered to resign. My Twitter is going apeshit with journalists calling Football-Italia on their shit, which is troubling, since I've always found F-I fairly good about their reporting.

It's telling, though, that they used the report part of "Report: Conte to Resign?" as part of their headline. Seems they knew it was bullshit, too.
It's all about the hits, according to Susy at least.

Meier

No, he's saying Allen is worth £20 million when you consider the signings we've already made in central midfield. The release clause is £15 million, if we offer that they have to accept. I also believe the effect Allen would have on our ability to play the Rodgers style is worth £15 million, too.

Not seen a thing of this Guidetti.

Ahh, some shoddy reporting by ESPN then as they don't mention anything about a release clause and suggest Laudrup is saying it will likely cost more than the £15m that was believed to be enough.

Here is the bit about Guidetti -- could be a total fabrication but we might hear more in the coming days.. once someone reports it, people run with it true or otherwise: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/0...highly-rated-man-city-striker-john-guidetti/?

Arnie

What a waste.

Ahh, some shoddy reporting by ESPN then as they don't mention anything about a release clause.

Here is the bit about Guidetti -- could be a total fabrication but we might hear more in the coming days.. once someone reports it, people run with it true or otherwise: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/0...highly-rated-man-city-striker-john-guidetti/?
The release clause definitely exists, as Swansea referred to it in their statement the other day, indicating it's accurate. Basically if 1 of 5 clubs (Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea) offer £15 million Swansea have to accept.

Labadal

I cerainly hope we don't go after Guidetti. He's good and is developing as a player, but he needs to change his attitude. We have Suarez, we don't need another JT just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom