• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

WBPDs.jpg

Funky zeit with Ariel Pink, loving the new record.

Kyoufu

Snooker is nearly as bad as darts.

I used to love playing and watching it but now I can't stand watching it.

Regarding Golf, I enjoyed a Ryder Cup tournament where Europe beat the US but that was the only time I could watch Golf and not change the channel instantly.

Ha, the only video I ever uploaded to youtube was a shaky-cam video of a PES6 goal which got me my first Master League prmotion on the hardest settings last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGDhc3YpMjs

Just finished my first season in the English league, my form mirrored real Liverpool. I was vying for the European spots until January, then I went on a 10 game winless streak and ended up 8th, behind Newcastle and Everton. Barely scraping by in these transfer windows as my players retire and I try to create a balanced and young squad. How do I find free transfers?

Also, my goal spread is pathetic. I scored 51 goals, 39 of them scored by Suarez and Ordaz

Ha, the only video I ever uploaded to youtube was a shaky-cam video of a PES6 goal which got me my first Master League prmotion on the hardest settings last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGDhc3YpMjs

Just finished my first season in the English league, my form mirrored real Liverpool. I was vying for the European spots until January, then I went on a 10 game winless streak and ended up 8th, behind Newlcastle and Everton. Barely scraping by in these transfer windows as my players retire and I try to create a balanced and young squad. How do I find free transfers?

Also, my goal spread is pathetic. I scored 51 goals, 39 of them scored by Suarez and Ordaz

I only really play Be a Pro or whatever it is called on PES. I have never loaded up master league and have no idea what it really is...

I had to adjust from PES to FIFA's shoot button.

PES was Square for me but FIFA is Circle.

I changed it to the FIFA controls over than sprint which I kept the same.

I asked this before, and was ignored. Would anyone else be up for putting a fiver into the Fantasy Premier League? I'm thinking the winner gets 60% of the pot, second place gets 25% and third gets 15% or something like that?

Is there anything like paypal where an individual puts money into a pot? Would anyone here trust me enough for me to make a paypal account which we all put money in?

I could see bannings being a problem though :p

I asked this before, and was ignored. Would anyone else be up for putting a fiver into the Fantasy Premier League? I'm thinking the winner gets 60% of the pot, second place gets 25% and third gets 15% or something like that?

Is there anything like paypal where an individual puts money into a pot? Would anyone here trust me enough for me to make a paypal account which we all put money in?

I would be up for that. It will give me incentive to keep up with it!

Wilbur

Banned

I'd be down for that, yeah, but fuck being the one to set it up.

If you run off with our money I get to burn Anfield to the ground

I demand a £50m in that avatar.

You are getting desperate!

Hi all. Went to a friend's house party last night. Only had 3 fucking hours of sleep, plus I walked like 2 miles from the house to the train station at 6am this morning after waking up at 5 :( I also pulled a muscle in my leg which fucking hurt like hell!

Went to see TDKR again - still awesome.

Wilbur

Banned
You are getting desperate!

Hi all. Went to a friend's house party last night. Only had 3 fucking hours of sleep, plus I walked like 2 miles from the house to the train station at 6am this morning after waking up at 5 :( I also pulled a muscle in my leg which fucking hurt like hell!

Went to see TDKR again - still awesome.

LOL

Linius

Watching golf makes me sleepy, so it's perfect for lazy afternoons. Just like the flat stages in the Tour de France. Oh, and I like playing midget golf, does that count for something? :D

Zabojnik

The reason why Ibra moved around too much:

mino_raiola_1.jpg

Coincidentally, I just started reading "I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic". Have you guys read it? It's been out for a while now, I know. I'm reading the slovenian translation (for professional reasons) and ... I don't know man, it's pretty terrible. I don't consider myself a literary snob, but this reads like it was written by, well, Zlatan. I'm on page 30 and the bad phrasing and the repetitivness of it all is seriously getting to me. Does it get any better or is this it? 350+ pages of Zlatan whining?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Coincidentally, I just started reading "I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic". Have you guys read it? It's been out for a while now, I know. I'm reading the slovenian translation (for professional reasons) and ... I don't know man, it's pretty terrible. I don't consider myself a literary snob, but this reads like it was written by, well, Zlatan. I'm on page 30 and the bad phrasing and the repetitivness of it all is seriously getting to me. Does it get any better or is this it? 350+ pages of Zlatan whining?

I read a few pages, and it really did feel like reading a teen's Myspace rant.

Zabojnik

Supposedly we're lining up a €25m bid for De Rossi. Sounds like a great bit of a business if we can pull it off.

Good luck with that. If Roma sell De Rossi, they are completely fucked. He was basically the only thing holding the team together last year with Luis Enrique and his crazy tactics. Zeman, the infamous new coach, is even crazier, so ...

If you're interested in the paid league (think I'll make a new one for ease of use,) quote this and add your name to the list.

Username///Team Name

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury United
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Unties

Directions:
-Add your name to the list
-I PM you my paypal details and email adress
-Add £5 to my paypal account if we can't figure out a better way to do it*
-I PM you the code for the league

Contingency:
-At least 10 people needed
-PM me your email adress if you are wary of being banned from Gaf, so we can communicate post-ban
-If you are perma-banned before the end of the season, your money will be refunded, but you cannot win any of the prize
-If I am banned, I leave my share of the money in the pot and am disqualified from the contest

* If you need any proof of my identity or contact details just to be sure I don't run off with the money, feel free to ask and I'll do it within reason.

Any suggestions for improving the plan? A google document perhaps?

Messi

I loved the pieces about barcelona where he tryed to hang as many people as possible but came across really petty instead.

Wilbur

Banned
If you're interested in the paid league (think I'll make a new one for ease of use,) quote this and add your name to the list.

Directions:

Contingency:
-PM me your email adress if you are wary of being banned from Gaf, so we can communicate post-ban
-If you are perma-banned before the end of the season, your money will be refunded, but you cannot win any of the prize
-If I am banned, I leave my share of the money in the pot and am disqualified from the contest

* If you need any proof of my identity or contact details just to be sure I don't run off with the money, feel free to ask and I'll do it within reason.

Sounds good baby, I don't have anything in my Paypal at the moment but I'll sort it out when I'm next out. Put me on the list but have a note saying I haven't paid yet.

Directions:

Contingency:

I would join but would have to pay you next week :/ have no money in the bank haha. I would be PrematureQuiche FC cause I am shit at coming up with names haha.

Arnie

Directions:

Contingency:

Sounds good to me, I need to verify my Paypal though so will be a couple of days before I can give the fiver, I've just asked them to send the payments to my bank to begin the verification process, so I reckon I'll be sorted by Tuesday. It's better this way, makes the results more interesting and hopefully keeps the numbers down to people from this thread, rather than say numbers akin to the Euro thread. It's better if we know the people in our league.

dc89

Supposedly we're lining up a €25m bid for De Rossi. Sounds like a great bit of a business if we can pull it off.

I think we could you know!

---

"Good news Le Mercenaire @SamNasri19 - you're off the hook. I'll be too distracted with #Cashley @TheRealAC3 to bother with you now."

Piers Morgan really hates Arsenal players who leave Arsenal and go on and win elsewhere.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

---

"Good news Le Mercenaire @SamNasri19 - you're off the hook. I'll be too distracted with #Cashley @TheRealAC3 to bother with you now."

Piers Morgan really hates Arsenal players who leave Arsenal and go on and win elsewhere.

He's going to troll us next season isn't he?

Wilbur

Banned
I'd join the FF league but I'm absolutely terrible at fantasy football.

Everyone's shit at Fantasy Football. It's a laugh, go for it :)

---

See, Nasri's a fucking spunk bag, but his reasons for leaving aren't as deplorable as Cole; leaving his boyhood team because he didn't get an extra 5000 a week.

Arnie

I'd join the FF league but I'm absolutely terrible at fantasy football.
Just do it man, it'll be a good laugh throughout the season.

Agger explanation:

One player not involved was Daniel Agger, whose pre-season started later than the rest of the squad due to his participation in Euro 2012.

Rodgers explained: "He's just joined the group on Monday and had his first training session on Tuesday. It was just too early for him because he's had four weeks off.

"I didn't want to put him in that situation because others had been back for a couple of weeks.

"Daniel will have some involvement against Roma on Wednesday."

Clegg

Piers Morgan is a completely awful man. As a newspaper editor he's had people followed, their phones tapped, and published fake photos to generate a controversy. He's also a complete prick.

Ian Hislop is completely right about him.

Wilbury, PrematureQuiche and Arnie, give us your team name so I can add you to the list

edit: How much of a slice will paypal get as the money goes into my account soon, and out at the end of the season?

Goodson falls on his ass and FM12 legend Lucas Andersen scores. At least Brøndby fucking up still feels nice, even after Copenhagen being shit again.

GorillaJu

So we gonna have a second FPL league? One for the money? Otherwise, there are lots of people in the league who probably don't want to put up cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom