• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Seen the latest quotes from him Clegg?

Talks a good game, at least.

Yup. He must be on his very last chance at United. Another injury and he'll probably be sold. He needs to have a decent season for our sake and especially for his sake.

"The last two years have been very difficult," he said. "No-one wants a player who has a lot of injuries. But I am still young. I am only 24. And I believe I can get through this. All summer I stayed in Europe to work on my knee. Now I am 100%. I don't have any more injuries. I don't have a problem."

This is a very big season for me," he said, following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Ajax Cape Town. "In my first three years we won everything; Champions League, Premier League, Carling Cup. But then I suffered a cruciate injury and had a bad problem. I tried to push through it when I came back but it was still sore. Sometimes it was bad and the pain stayed.
Sometimes you think you might have to change clubs but I love it here. The club has always helped me, as have the other players. I have worked so hard trying to get right.

Salvadora

You have 2 left backs, 2 rights backs, and 5 centre-halves, not including that Spanish defender and that other young guy who played a few times last year. And that Coq who played in defence as well. Yeah I'd be very surprised if Wenger went after another defender, considering he rates all these players.

Looking at our defensive line-up worries the fuck out of me. Wenger may rate those players but I certainly don't.

Carbonox

Pardiola says Ba will play a central role for 90% of next season's games. So we're reverting back to 4-4-2. Fuck.

I liked 4-3-3 so much better......

Yeah :( Keeping Ba happy has meant we will sacrifice 4-3-3 which helped us dominate many games last season. Our 6 match winning streak went to pot when we switched to 4-4-2.

Ramadan has started btw, which means Ba and Cisse might be off their game until it ends. Ba was a totally different player after it ended last year, resulting in him bossing games.

It's nice to see strongly religious players in the game. No better sight than seeing Ba and Cisse bow down after they score, especially together.

K1LLER7

Yeah :( Keeping Ba happy has meant we will sacrifice 4-3-3 which helped us dominate many games last season. Our 6 match winning streak went to pot when we switched to 4-4-2.

Ramadan has started btw, which means Ba and Cisse might be off their game until it ends. Ba was a totally different player after it ended last year, resulting in him bossing games.

It's nice to see strongly religious players in the game. No better sight than seeing Ba and Cisse bow down after they score, especially together.
Ramadan will finish before the season starts, you'll have a fully fit and firing strike partnership :)

Edit: Maybe not

GorillaJu

Anderson doesn't look that chubby, but I guess for a footballer he is definitely a few pounds over the ideal.

I watched the Joe Allen vs Brazil video and thought he looked very good. Showed confidence in tight spaces and didn't get skinned by players like Neymar (in fact made Neymar look pretty average when going up against him). 15m is a lot of money though...

I know people were asking about pics of Anderson.

Well here he is from yesterdays game.
20090708095912-Volendam_Jeroen_Verhoeven.jpg

"Two large peperoni pizzas please"

Kyoufu

Just read on twitter that Carroll is having a medical at Newcastle.

Could be bollocks and it probably is but it's muppet season and I am in muppet mode.

edit: lol they're saying he failed the medical. Bollocks confirmed.

NO SIGNINGS ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey guys, I heard Player X , who Team Y has been linked to all summer is going is going to complete his transfer window before August 31. I'll come back and boast when my very broad prediction comes to fruition. Bye.

Arnie

Hey guys, I heard Player X , who Team Y has been linked to all summer is going is going to complete his transfer window before August 31. I'll come back and boast when my very broad prediction comes to fruition. Bye.
:lol exactly.

Joe Allen will be a Liverpool player within 20 days.

Arnie

Tbf The Other One has got a couple of things right so far hasn't he?
Not sure, but the last time we had this ITK bollocks we were assured that Adebayor would've been sipping piña coladas with AVB by mid July.

I'm more inclined to believe that this ITK posturing is repurposed Twitter and forum rambling, personally.

Call me a cynic.

Wilbur

Banned
I'll believe M'Vila is going to Arsenal when I see it.

Who do we reckon has bid for him if it's 4 PL, one Serie A and one Spanish? I'd say Inter, Malaga/Atletico, United, City, Arsenal and maybe Chelsea. I have a hard time believing someone would pick Arsenal over a few of those clubs. If it happens I'll eat my words but for now...

Salvadora

Who do we reckon has bid for him if it's 4 PL, one Serie A and one Spanish? I'd say Inter, Malaga/Atletico, United, City, Arsenal and maybe Chelsea. I have a hard time believing someone would pick Arsenal over a few of those clubs. If it happens I'll eat my words but for now...

That's why I have a hard time believing it. Never say never but I think its highly unlikely.

Malaga's owners aren't putting any more into the club.

I'm pretty sure Atletico are short on cash too.

Doubt United are interested tbh, think we would have heard something...

I doubt so many clubs are in for him. That was probably leaked to stir up interest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The reason why Ibra moved around too much:

Ibrahimovic on the man who brokers his deals. "The marvelous fat idiot, Mino." {I AM Zlatan} The idiot earns 4 to 10% of his clients' deals.

If you add up all of Ibrahimovic's moves, they must be in the neighborhood of at least 200 million euro. "Tony Soprano" saw 4% to 10%.

mino_raiola_1.jpg

Messi

I went into Wilbs profile to get the fantasy code for the guys. Went to his posts:

tumblr_ljiskhRNPc1qgq3xn.gif

Batman spoilers :( I just bought my tickets for 9pm tonight. My own fault for trying to help out.

Stop using Torres.

Its every player. The funny thing is, I score the most goals with Andrew Carrol.

Wilbur

Banned
I went into Wilbs profile to get the fantasy code for the guys. Went to his posts:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljiskhRNPc1qgq3xn.gif[/IM]

Batman spoilers :( I just bought my tickets for 9pm tonight. My own fault for trying to help out.[/QUOTE]

Victory has defeated you

dc89

City for sure! De Rossi is Mancini's dream, but damn expensive. M'Vila could be a backup.

---

Piers Morgan is already winding Cole up on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom