• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m5dvtg69781qk19xqo1_400.gif

Someone has too much time on his hands/is going crazy

Kingdom-Hearts-3D-Dream-Drop-Distance-Tron-Legacy.jpg

Kyoufu

Out of interest, where do Newcastle need to strengthen?

In my humble opinion, top priority is a CB. Remember the Newcastle-Chelsea game where Steven Taylor got injured? We had a very good defensive record until that happened. Then we had to bring in Williamson and it was all downhill from there. What we're also looking for from our CBs is goals. Top teams have CBs that are strong headers from set pieces and unfortunately we don't really have that.

Next position is a RB. Danny Simpson is our current RB and while he saved us many points from goal-line clearances last season, he's just not very good for the modern game. He's very weak in the final third of the pitch which is why we're hoping to bring in Mathieu Debuchy.

Last but not least, a Striker that can preferably also play on the wing. Cisse and Ba are both centre forwards and both Senegalese so we'll lose them when they go to the ACON in January.

That's pretty much it. Anything else is also welcome.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5dvtg69781qk19xqo1_400.gif[/IMG]

Someone has too much time on his hands/is going crazy

I am going crazy :D

MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball
Do you feel a great affinity with Bradley Wiggins, who has also won a championship while sitting down? #askMOwen

lololol

Kyoufu

If you guys want to see someone get trolled hard, search twitter for #AskEnrique

Newcastle fans trolled him sooooo hard I couldn't stop laughing. :lol

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_one.jpg

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_three.jpg

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_five.jpg

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_six.jpg

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_seven.jpg

nufcfans_liverpool_newcastle_ask_jose_enrique_tweet_eight.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
#AskMOwen How do you feel about about this statue that was made in honor of your time at Manchester United?

i7gW1.jpg

Lttp: Awesome video, Arnie! I wish we could make one for Conte :p

dc89

Bob Cass is pretty desperate to add a extra spice to his story if he says Mancini is at logger heads with the City owners over transfers this summer.

Doesn't he realise Mancini more than likely asked for assurances on who we can attempt to sign and probably used his circumstances with one year left on his contract to his advantage?

Bob Cass is pretty desperate to add a extra spice to his story if he says Mancini is at logger heads with the City owners over transfers this summer.

Doesn't he realise Mancini more than likely asked for assurances on who we can attempt to sign and probably used his circumstances with one year left on his contract to his advantage?
I think the answer is that Bob Cass chats absolute shit, like most journos.

FWIW though, City are obv selling before they buy and I would assume Mancini like any manager would rather do his business early. Not exactly logger heads...but yeah.

Seen this same rumour about MVila on Twitter too, saying it will be done in 17 days. Strange length of time but whatever.

I think it will happen but it's just strange it's taking so long when there were people saying it was a done deal over a month ago.

I've seen people say Arsenal might look at Capoue instead. Interestingly saw a stat which said M'Vila is Ligue1's best passer and Capoue the worst.

dc89

Twitter has improved transfer windows exponentially.

I used to like transfer windows where you couldn't look into every detail and drive yourself to distraction.

I think the answer is that Bob Cass chats absolute shit, like most journos.

FWIW though, City are obv selling before they buy and I would assume Mancini like any manager would rather do his business early. Not exactly logger heads...but yeah.

Mancini was highly critical last season. He wanted Nasri early doors, but he got him very late on. He will have been assured more power and he was assured greater control over the medical area as well, maybe bring his own guys in.

He was pissed when a medic applied a spray to Aguero's foot and it ended up blistering him.

I'm holding you to this.

Me too.

dc89

Lee Trundle signed for PNE a week or so ago. Played in a friendly yesterday, came off after 15 mins or so after suffering a suspected knee ligament injury. May not play again this season.

Clegg

Suso looks like one of those lads that will develop into a great player and then fuck off to Spain when he becomes a superstar.

Kyoufu

Pardiola says Ba will play a central role for 90% of next season's games. So we're reverting back to 4-4-2. Fuck.

I liked 4-3-3 so much better......

faridmon

As much as I am sympathetic towards what happened to Rangers throughout their process of becoming a 3rd tier club, their talk about how the players who left them should have signed contract with them really irk me by stating. I know they want some compensation for them, but we are talking about players who stayed with them during their hardship and had to take a major wage cut to help the club financially (some are reported that they have taken more than a half salary cut to keep the club floating!) For one, Football players are not slaves and have to think about their wages since football is also their carrier and to go on with a club that have no stability is suicidal. Also, they need to find another club, and the best way to do so is to be a bosman. If they did indeed signed that contract, for all they know, they would have stuck with Rangers and that is just a hazard. The club they went, did not want to pay anything in the first place, and the players would be in a puzzling position try to figure out where their future is heading to.

Remember: If you want compensation for your players, try not to get bankrupt in the first place. Morons.

It's not gotten very good reviews.

Not trying to put you off the game. Just telling you what I've read.

Oh okay! I was worried there was something really wrong with the game :/ I am not as good at this as I remember!

I have been replaying THUG 2 on PC recently and still really enjoy playing that!

Serious lack of Arsenal rumours concerning defenders.

You have 2 left backs, 2 rights backs, and 5 centre-halves, not including that Spanish defender and that other young guy who played a few times last year. And that Coq who played in defence as well. Yeah I'd be very surprised if Wenger went after another defender, considering he rates all these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom