• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

For fuck sake.

Even fucking Sunderland are signing a player.

Fuck football.

This is becoming a joke now.

Just chill. Newcastle have good businessmen running the show. A lot of what happens will probably be at the end of the window, when they've pushed the selling clubs to their limit and are willing to take cut prices.

Kyoufu

Just chill. Newcastle have good businessmen running the show. A lot of what happens will probably be at the end of the window, when they've pushed the selling clubs to their limit and are willing to take cut prices.

I'm just kidding. I congratulated Hixx on Steam already.

Ashley is probably waiting for the Olympics to end so he gets maximum advertising when the signings are made.

(lol at "signings"... I crack myself up)

Salvadora

So is Arsenal the Valencia of England? Sitting around the cusp of the very top teams, making shrewd signings and selling one star every year?

It honestly feels like that to be honest. The rumblings of Song in the distance along with Walcott are enough to make me queasy.

Fry

Just handed in a transfer request just to let the fans know where I am at right now.... #headsgone

He's got balls!

Clegg

I'm still convinced that Arsenal won't sell to us. It would be a PR disaster for them.

It would be different if they sold to City. They have all the money in the world so if they get RVP, Arsenal can say they never had a chance in front of all that financial muscle.

But if they sell to United, they're selling to one of their historical rivals who they've had a heated and bitter rivalry with over the past 15 years.

Kyoufu

I'm still convinced that Arsenal won't sell to us. It would be a PR disaster for them.

It would be different if they sold to City. They have all the money in the world so if they get RVP, Arsenal can say they never had a chance in front of all that financial muscle.

But if they sell to United, they're selling to one of their historical rivals who they've had a heated and bitter rivalry with over the past 15 years.

Isn't it up to RVP where he goes to?

Hixx

Just handed in a transfer request just to let the fans know where I am at right now.... #headsgone

He's got balls!

When a player forgoes a loyalty payment (with that fee it'd likely be upwards of £1m) you know they're desperate to get out.

I feel like we're announcing our surrender, I don't even feel angry about it,just depressed.

Just send him to Juve or make him see out the final season, then at least we have no control of where he goes next.

K1LLER7

Would Arsenal gaf take Berbatov if he was included in a deal?

Hopefully we hear something on the transfers after the barca game

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This glorious man refused to sell Vidal to Bayern and sent him (personally) to Juve for less money.

Rudi-Voller-predicts-tough-years-ahead-for-Bayer-Leverkusen-122922.jpg

Do the right thing Arsenal. Your pride is at stake!

Clegg

Would Arsenal gaf take Berbatov if he was included in a deal?

Hopefully we hear something on the transfers after the barca game

I reckon SAF will be asked about what happened with the Moura deal. He'll blame agents fees and Sao Paolo for that one.

He'll be asked about RVP too but I reckon he won't answer or he'll just say that we have an ongoing interest but haven't had any contact with Arsenal in weeks.

Arnie

Imagine if Torres had moved to Man Utd. Damage would have been dealt

I'd be even sourer towards the entire city of Manchester than I am already. At least with Chelsea they're down the other end of the country so you don't really have to interact with the club or it's fans.

This glorious man refused to sell Vidal to Bayern and sent him (personally) to Juve for less money.

Rudi-Voller-predicts-tough-years-ahead-for-Bayer-Leverkusen-122922.jpg

Do the right thing Arsenal. Your pride is at stake!

He also said fuck no to Chelsea with their Schürrle offer and to Bayern with their Bender offer this year. Great work if you ask me :D

Arnie

Twitter report incoming:

Just seen a retweet that suggested Arsenal have agreed a fee with Rennes for M'Vila, because Song has agreed personal terms with Barcelona. Where that leaves Sahin I'm not sure.

Arnie

Barcelona can fuck right off. What do they want with Song?
To replace Keita, I'd imagine. He's versatile in midfield and defence, which seems exactly their remit. Don't know why they're buying him and not an actual central defender though, although as I say that they'll probably bid for Agger.

Clegg

Barcelona can fuck right off. What do they want with Song?

As a back up to Busquets probably.

It doesn't look like Barca are signing a new centre half so they'll probably continue with their experiment of Mascherano as a defender. So they'll need a second DM as Masch won't be able to play there.

Salvadora

To replace Keita, I'd imagine. He's versatile in midfield and defence, which seems exactly their remit. Don't know why they're buying him and not an actual central defender though, although as I say that they'll probably bid for Agger.

As a back up to Busquets probably.

It doesn't look like Barca are signing a new centre half so they'll probably continue with their experiment of Mascherano as a defender. So they'll need a second DM as Masch won't be able to play there.
It just has seemed to come out of nowhere. Hope we get a decent price for him but I'm in shock really. Could be bullshit but you never know..
Another day with zero signings.

When is Sinday?

Your on the list.

Arnie

It just has seemed to come out of nowhere. Hope we get a decent price for him but I'm in shock really. Could be bullshit but you never know.

In fairness, now RVP is gone you've got little need for his sublime lobbed through balls anymore, and a player like M'Vila would better serve the defensive aspect of the game, leaving the likes of Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, and Cazorla to dictate in front.

Salvadora

In fairness, now RVP is gone you've got little need for his sublime lobbed through balls anymore, and a player like M'Vila would better serve the defensive aspect of the game, leaving the likes of Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, and Cazorla to dictate in front.

M'Vila is an exciting prospect for sure & if we get him for 15/under euros it will be a steal. Still will be a bit of a shock to see our line-up next season missing Song/Walcott/RVP, If indeed it plays out like that. I'd be very interested to see how the Walcott contract talks are going, It's all quiet on that front and he, Like RVP has just a year on his contract.

The only dictating Wilshere will be doing will be from the sidelines.

I don't know if he'll ever be fit again.
This is a fear. Could see him turning into the invisible man next season. Which is a fucking shame because he's incredibly talented.

GorillaJu

Mad Men is so good. How is season 2 better than season 1? This show is absolute brilliance. And so beautiful, too. Every scene is picturesque.

Meier

Mad Men is so good. How is season 2 better than season 1? This show is absolute brilliance. And so beautiful, too. Every scene is picturesque.

I thought the recently completed Season 5 was the best in the show's history. New viewers have a lot to look forward to.

Still hopeful that City can trump Arsenal on M'Vila. The only reason I can see why we wouldn't is the club administration being nervous about his attitude. Lot of it already at the club...

panty

Hardly no one cares but still.

Official Announcement: Real Madrid C.F. & TSG 1899 Hoffenheim have reached an agreement for the transfer of Real Madrid Castilla player Joselu to the German club with a buy-back option.

Dat buy-back option.

Clegg

It seems that all this RVP stuff has come from that MEN article.

But the MEN aren't reliable at all.

United are definitely interested but I very much doubt that we're as clse to signing him as the MEN suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom