• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddler

That's cute, but we had no obligation to buy Aquilani. It was an option which we didn't take up at the standing price. Very different. We've had obligations to buy Alessandro Matri and Marco Motta and for better (Matri) and for worse (Motta), we stood by the contracts we signed.

Unfortunately for us, he is correct, obligation doesn't exist on loan, we bought Motta after the loan because Marotta have said so to Pozzo and he doesn't want to ruin the relationship with Udinese, but there is no actual obligation on the contract.

Facism

Gold Member
According to Studio Sport, De Laurentiis has decided to sell Cavani and negotiations with Chelsea are underway.

2009-07-16-ThreeFingerPinch.jpg

8M isn't too bad really.

It took months for them to come down to 8 million, even after being paid 1.9 million for the loan already :p

Arnie

That online footy site is excellent, logged in without a hassle, quality looks brilliant. Looking forward to the Barcelona game later on.

Carbonox

I'm gonna prepare the great giftastic post in NeoGAF history if Debuchy signs for us. I wanna break NeoGAF with it and fuck all of Footy GAF's posting experience up. Fady got nothing on me when it comes to mega posts.

I'll probably just have a wank and tell you that I had one as a celebratory measure

That online footy site is excellent, logged in without a hassle, quality looks brilliant. Looking forward to the Barcelona game later on.

Yeah, I thought the quality is good too. Glad they have an HD channel to test by 100mbs bandwidth. If I cancel Sky I'm set to save about £60 a month (I literally don't watch anything on Sky other than footy). Not too shoddy.

Wilbur

Banned
Who was the loss against? Imagine that in real life, scoring 37 goals and conceding 2, but still losing a match :D

Lost 1-0 at Sporting Gijon. They had 1 shot, I had 27 with 76% possession and lost. Jammy fuckers.

Other goal was in a 3-1 win at Sociedad. Haven't let in a goal in 10 matches and at home all season, won the Spanish Super Cup 6-3 on aggregate and the Euro Super Cup 3-0. Bought Neymar for next season.

It's sinking its claws into me again :(

Arnie

Yeah, I thought the quality is good too. Glad they have an HD channel to test by 100mbs bandwidth. If I cancel Sky I'm set to save about £60 a month (I literally don't watch anything on Sky other than footy). Not too shoddy.

I have Sky anyway because the cost is minuscule when divided between a house of 8 lads, including internet. Regardless though, this'll be useful for watching those matches that aren't on TV, and numerous Saturday 3 o'clock fixtures (as well as foreign football).

When United sign RVP they'll be a force. Them and City are the only two clubs who could manage his potential injury prone-ness with proper attacking depth. On the downside, potentially, Welbeck loses his starting place.

Lost 1-0 at Sporting Gijon. They had 1 shot, I had 27 with 76% possession and lost. Jammy fuckers.

Other goal was in a 3-1 win at Sociedad. Haven't let in a goal in 10 matches and at home all season, won the Spanish Super Cup 6-3 on aggregate and the Euro Super Cup 3-0. Bought Neymar for next season.

It's sinking its claws into me again :(

260 hours and counting :(

Arnie

I've had 377 views on my Agger article today, not a bad haul. Going to try and get the site on Newsnow (as Viva advised) once I've sorted the domain out; I've bought the domain I want, it's just a case of attaching it, as right now I'm a generic .wordpress site.

Clegg

I have a horrible feeling that Arsenal will agree to sell him to us but then his agents will demand stupid money in "fees".

Then we'll pull out.

bjaelke

Paris Saint Germain ‏@ParisSntGermain
Sao Paulo has sold Lucas to PSG. Sources close to the club say the deal is worth €43million. He will join in January. (Globo Esporte)

It's official, Zapata has joined Milan. The fact that he's a non-EU player means that we won't go after Dzeko and Tevez.

One more striker and one more midfielder, Galliani, please.

K1LLER7

I have a horrible feeling that Arsenal will agree to sell him to us but then his agents will demand stupid money in "fees".
Then we'll pull out.
He apparently held talks with Fergie already when he was still in England over the weekend. £20m is a good deal for Arsenal on a player who wants to leave with only a year left on his contract.

Clegg

We'll find a way to balls it up. No question about that.

It definitely sounds like something we'd do.

Imo RVP would be silly to leave Arsenal as they're building a good squad again. Still have weaknesses in defence but they could always make improvements there. In fact, I think he'll end up signing a new contract with le Arse.

Arnie

We're going to get a www.HasRVPscoredforManUyet.com

And it'll stay at no for much longer than United fans would hope..

An injury before he's kicked a ball in competitive action would be sublime. Unfortunately I feel he'll be a resounding success that'll result in silverware, though.

Was told yet again at the eye test that I have hawk-like vision. Don't know why I bother wasting money on that sort of thing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli director Riccardo Bigon has called Juventus chief Fabio Paratici to apologise for the men caught spying from a Beijing hotel window.

Apology not accepted. We need to talk..

men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg

It's official, Zapata has joined Milan. The fact that he's a non-EU player means that we won't go after Dzeko and Tevez.

One more striker and one more midfielder, Galliani, please.

Actually, he's EU ;) He has an Italian passport.

Arnie

Don't think I could ever wish an injury on RVP even if he did join United.

Must be tough.

I remember when Torres went to Chelsea, the thought of seeing him score a goal for another English club, and see him celebrating with the fans had me slightly dizzy. Luckily his form at Liverpool in those final months turned out to be indicative of a legitimate drop in physical ability, and not a sign that he was grumping.

I'd worry for you though, an injury is the only thing that'll prevent Van Persie from scoring buckets at Old Trafford.

Clegg

I'd love RVP to sign for us but if he does our medical team will need to to be at the top of their game.

We've had a lot of injuries over the last 12 months, they'll need to watch him carefully.

GorillaJu

I've had 377 views on my Agger article today, not a bad haul. Going to try and get the site on Newsnow (as Viva advised) once I've sorted the domain out; I've bought the domain I want, it's just a case of attaching it, as right now I'm a generic .wordpress site.

Just read it myself and I have to say I think the subtlety of your writing has improved since the first few articles I recall you linking here. Thoroughly enjoyable reading. Keep it up.

Salvadora

Remember reading that RVP had his on fitness team this season which may explain the lack of injuries. I don't doubt United's fitness staff are far better than our own though.
Must be tough.

I remember when Torres went to Chelsea, the thought of seeing him score a goal for another English club, and see him celebrating with the fans had me slightly dizzy. Luckily his form at Liverpool in those final months turned out to be indicative of a legitimate drop in physical ability, and not a sign that he was grumping.

I'd worry for you though, an injury is the only thing that'll prevent Van Persie from scoring buckets at Old Trafford.
Yeah I honestly can't see a Torres style drop in form without some form of injury. I could se him being lethal for United and it doesn't bode well with me.

Arnie

Just read it myself and I have to say I think the subtlety of your writing has improved since the first few articles I recall you linking here. Thoroughly enjoyable reading. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot, I'll keep at it.
Remember reading that RVP had his on fitness team this season which may explain the lack of injuries. I don't doubt United's fitness staff are far better than our own though.
They did sign Owen Hargreaves, although you signed Diaby. I'd value United's medical staff a good nudge above Arsenal's despite both transfers, though.

GorillaJu

I think the RVP signing is proof that Ferguson is taking transfer tips from doicare – his goal in life is to have the entire first XI injured so that everyone is forced to believe him when he blames injuries for poor performance.

GorillaJu

So is Arsenal the Valencia of England? Sitting around the cusp of the very top teams, making shrewd signings and selling one star every year?

Fletcher is great. An upgrade on Bendtner IMO.

Clegg

Should've went to Juve.

Don't worry, he will. Or he'll go to City.

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Even the thought of @Persie_Official signing for United is making me feel severely, excruciatingly, nauseated.
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Hard to imagine a worse betrayal than @Persie_Official going to United. Can't believe he'd do this to us. #Arsenal

Actually, fuck it. I want RVP at United now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom