• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
He's played as a CM for our primavera (youth squad) and has been talking about how he wants to emulate Pirlo's qualities. He's not strictly a Pirlo-substitute yet but we've been eager to exploit his excellent passing in that position. I think we're throwing a bunch of players at that position and seeing who sticks.

Haha. I'm guessing the primavera team is using the same formation as the main team so they can start 'building' the players to fill an exact position just like Barcelona does.

Getting the train back from Sheffield on the 17th so I'll go and have a play, it passes through Manchester.

Great! hope you can share your opinions of the demo here later.

One of my greatest joys about having football back: making gifs!

iGc6iwH4KueSJ.gif

After hitting the post all season long, I'll take several goals like that THIS season.

Nice strike, it's a bit unfair to think the keeper could stop it.

Emhemed

Read this earlier @bacastuff

1/a few - some seem to have a problem with the habit in spain of answering questions about players from other teams

at barcelona, there is a daily press conference from one player with free questions, among which "opinion on latest transfer rumour?"

be it neymar, javi martinez, neymar, agger, neymar, soriano, neymar, song, or neymar, the standard answer is "great player, would fit in"

same happens in all spanish clubs. pepe, arbeloa, higuain or casillas have for example talked about modric.

most people in most countries like it that a player of their club is talked positive about by another player

in england, there seems to be an extra limit to freedom of speech which involves players saying positive things when asked about a colleague

doing it would even be part of a strategy to destabilize the praised player, make him lose his head and force his way out of his club

all this coordinated by 100 dwarves trained by the cia and operating from a secret bunker under the camp nou

note: we advise arsenal to talk to rennes who so far could hold on to m'vila despite destabilization campaign involving sagna and koscielny

we advise players to add new standard answer to repertoire. "player epl? i don't want to mentally destabilize my colleague by praising him"

we would advise the club not to sign any mentally unstable players who feel unsettled because of a compliment

Honestly this "tapping our players"bullshit is so ridiculous some Arsenal fans need to grow up

G17

Honestly this "tapping our players"bullshit is so ridiculous some Arsenal fans need to grow up

Not sure why you're telling Arsenal fans to grow up because no one is talking about Barcelona tapping up in this thread (only praising Fabregas).. you seem to be the only one trying to stir something up?

We all have our opinions on the Fabregas saga, it's done now and best to leave it.

Do you like other players talking about your favorite player every week and how they are a nice addition to their team?!?!?!

I got over Torres almost instantaneously. I understand why he left and it cushioned the blow that his season was shit. He still was a part of winning the Champions League and Euro 2012, so not all bad.

Emhemed

Not sure why you're telling Arsenal fans to grow up because no one is talking about Barcelona tapping up in this thread (only praising Fabregas).. you seem to be the only one trying to stir something up?

We all have our opinions on the Fabregas saga, it's done now and best to leave it.

I never ment to be specific I said some Arsenal fans and it is a strange case cuz I see no problem with our players talking about other players or Vice versa

Do you like other players talking about your favorite player every week and how they are a nice addition to their team?!?!?!

In Spain players get asked these questions every press conference they just do the routine answers, what's annoying is the Spanish media. If a player wants to leave or stay at a club, praising them in public shouldn't really destabilises them. Sometimes fans (especially in England) get "touchy" about this matter. I lived in Barcelona for 3 years and I can tell there "tapping players" through the media is something people are not even aware of.

Getting sick and tired of pointing out how bad the Glazer's are the for the club but just to clarify...

In the 8 summer transfer windows they have over-seen, we have a net spend of £64m. That's £8m net per year. The club records profits of over £80m on average.

Less than 10% of profits are spent on signing new players. Who in their right mind thinks that's good or that it's somehow Fergie's choice?

G17

In Spain players get asked these questions every press conference they just do the routine answers, what's annoying is the Spanish media. If a player wants to leave or stay at a club, praising them in public shouldn't really destabilises them. Sometimes fans (especially in England) get "touchy" about this matter. I lived in Barcelona for 3 years and I can tell there "tapping players" through the media is something people are not even aware of.

You might not understand it but Fabregas knows exactly the effects of such comments on a squad. Which is why we are commending him for not commenting.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Massimo Carrera (Conte's assistant) then turned his attention to Saturday’s Super Cup adversary Walter Mazzarri and was asked on Mazzarri’s comments that he taught the bigger clubs, like Juve, how to play with three centre-backs.

“If that is the case then I do not see why he should bother sending two of his men to spy on Juventus training…"

3AQmK.gif

Lightning

Banned
I never ment to be specific I said some Arsenal fans and it is a strange case cuz I see no problem with our players talking about other players or Vice versa
Dude, you mistook my post though. My post was more about prasing Fabregas' love and respect of Arsenal than anything else. If I had an issue with Barca players quotes about our players I would post their comment and compain, I never done that.

I've posted before that I feel this "Song to Barca" is a bargaining tool stirred by Song's agent to drive up the price since we are in contract negotiations with him.

Emhemed

Hey bud. Fuck you. Who said anything about criticizing Barcelona players in my post or anything about tapping up?

Hey mate no need to get all aggressive on me I never meant to stir shit up. I was refereeing to the tittle in your link "Fabregas refuses to tap up Song in Barcelona press conference". In which I said praising or talking about other players is not "tapping" in my opinion. That's all

Edit: my bad, I guess I should have quoted the tittle in your link first. not to do with your post.

Bumhead

Banned
Apparently we've agreed to sign a new player, but it's currently held up dependant on the selling club replacing him.

Lukaku has just gone to West Brom, maybe we're getting someone from them? I'd take Cox. Or maybe we're waiting for Chelsea to sign Hulk so we can get Torres, or United to sign RVP for Berbatov.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lightning calm the fuck down lol. Edit: And leave bud out of this :p

I'm with Emhemed actually, that wasn't really tapping up. It was just their media stirring shit up.

This however, was..

BARCA_682x500_1317727a.jpg

6ffc0fa8ef4960606b89ef8b45c84bbe.jpg

Timurid

I'm talking about cesc not song btw.

Emhemed

Lightning calm the fuck down lol. Edit: And leave bud out of this :p

I'm with Emhemed actually, that wasn't really tapping up. It was just their media stirring shit up.

This however, was..

BARCA_682x500_1317727a.jpg

6ffc0fa8ef4960606b89ef8b45c84bbe.jpg

I'm talking about cesc not song btw.

Yeah with the fabregas saga Barca players didn't cover themselves in glory, especially with putting the Barca shirt on Cesc after the WC. it was classless and disrespectful to Arsenal. I also remember the Daily Fail writing some fake interviews from Xavi which I think angered more Arsenal fans.

So specifically Song is being brought in to be a backup for biscuits??? Incredible.... why?
I dunno tbh.

I'm guessing they want him to replace Keita in their squad? He started 25 games for them last season...

Dunno, seems like a pretty unnecessary transfer for them. He's gonna cost a fair bit too. I would not at all be surprised if they're doing this to try and lowball Arsenal into selling him cheap now, or then next summer when he has a year left on his contract and refuses to renew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom