• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should meet up for that.

Though I'll be very disappointed if it's not against Sunderland.

Mackem Slayer!

I'm always here!

Naaaaa, testimonials are supposed to be a light-hearted affair. We don't do light-hearted with those JTs.

He's going to come into his own in the Europa, his European record is surprisingly strong!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Secret agent Gasperini:"Inter are getting a competitive squad this year, they are signing key players, unlike last year when they were signing extras. Now I see Pazzini, one of the main sources of my unhappiness, out of the squad. "

See guys, I don't trust Pazzini...something is rotten in Denmark.

And It's not Poulsen.

If you still want it!

i6Nneb7oj53w6.jpg

Good signing, but I wonder where this leaves Henderson and Shelvey. Shelvey I imagine will be happy enough with Europa League and cup games, with the odd PL appearance. Not sure how Henderson will handle going from a consistent starter to a constant bench player. Balls to Adam and Spearing

Still a huge lack of depth on the wings. Bellamy's exit leaves us with Downing, Borini and Suarez as our only senior 'wingers,' and one of Borini and Suarez will have to play in the middle. If one of them gets injured, Sterling comes in. If we get another injury, we're forced to put Gerrard on the right as far as I can tell

elsk

Banned
DS was a far better handheld than the GBA ever was.

Not really. I never got the point in having two screens in a fucking portable system, I would rather buy a GBA with multi-touch screen.
DS had great games, but the console itself never felt as good as the GBA/Gbmicro.

dc89

I wish they would re-launch the gbmicro with new games and an apple kind of apple-store (but just for games). Where small studios could launch their low budget games.

That would be amazing.

If I worked for Nintendo, I would hire you.

Plasma

Banned
From the SSN transfer clockwatch.

According to reports in Greece, Olympiakos are in talks with Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci after agreeing a deal with the Premier League. Squillaci is discussing a three-year deal, with Olympiakos looking for an experienced centre-half to replace Olof Mellberg, who has joined Villarreal.

NbaUy.gif

Now we just have to shift Park, Bendtner and Chamakh.

Wilbur

Banned
Good signing, but I wonder where this leaves Henderson and Shelvey. Shelvey I imagine will be happy enough with Europa League and cup games, with the odd PL appearance. Not sure how Henderson will handle going from a consistent starter to a constant bench player. Balls to Adam and Spearing

Lucas is a definite starter, I'd assume Allen will be as well and Henderson will cover an aging Gerrard.

Arnie

It leaves them competing for places, which is how it should be, and is the only thing that gets players to progress. Too many times last season Henderson was a guaranteed starter; perhaps now he'll really step up and take risks to earn his place. Depth is great, and we've got a heavy fixture list.

joe_allen_(13).jpg

You barely have a front 4 though. Sort that out next.

We haven't got great depth, but when fit we've got a great front four. Borini, Suarez, Gerrard, and Downing worked amazingly well last night.

Well, 2 out of 11 ain't bad...

That's ironic coming from Bale FC.

You bought a striker yet...

ShogunX

Think Rodgers will be extra careful with the fitness of both Gerrard and Lucas this season so having a young players like Henderson and Allen should allow us to rest both players without messing up the system.

LegoArmo

Another winger and a striker and you should be sorted, but I think they should be quality enough to be starters. Downing against tired legs.

Fry

Best thing about Allen signing is that I can't see Gerrard playing deep anymore. So get used to seeing him and Suarez making you wet.

Rodgers looks like a drunk dad trying to get his son to fuck a bridesmaid at someone's wedding

:lol lol :lol

dc89

I'd use my GBA Micro loads if I actually had more than 2 games for it. I want to pick up Golden Sun 1 & 2, Advance Wars and a few other games.

Shame I broke the frigging faceplate clips so I have to really squeeze it to get the faceplate to stay down. If I glued it, I wouldn't be able to wipe the screen when a speck of dust got in there. What a dilema.

Arnie

Another winger and a striker and you should be sorted, but I think they should be quality enough to be starters. Downing against tired legs.
We'll probably get Dempsey who can do both, as we're looking to be really fluid up top. Borini's great at this. And it's another reason why Carroll just doesn't fit. Send him to 4-4-2 Pardew.

Downing's not as bad as everyone thinks, technically at least. He's mentally vulnerable though.
Rodgers looks like a drunk dad trying to get his son to fuck a bridesmaid at someone's wedding

Did you see my dad on Twitter last night? He's doesn't need his sons to go get the women.

elsk

Banned
I'd use my GBA Micro loads if I actually had more than 2 games for it. I want to pick up Golden Sun 1 & 2, Advance Wars and a few other games.

Shame I broke the frigging faceplate clips so I have to really squeeze it to get the faceplate to stay down. If I glued it, I wouldn't be able to wipe the screen when a speck of dust got in there. What a dilema.

:( fucking Nintendo. Release good consoles again, ffs!

I found my old PSP yesterday, I will download a few GBA games and PSOne games and start playing some good games. I'm sick of all the FPS and shit of this gen.

:( fucking Nintendo. Release good consoles again, ffs!

I found my old PSP yesterday, I will download a few GBA games and PSOne games and start playing some good games. I'm sick of all the FPS and shit of this gen.

Isn't that pirating? Don't know how all this homebrew stuff works

GQman2121

Banned
I get back from lunch and the gym, and Allen has joined LFC and we've sent Lukaku out on loan. Funny how that works.

We'll be bidding absurd money for Cavani on Monday morning if we look as flat as we did in the preseason on Sunday at Villa Park.

One of my greatest joys about having football back: making gifs!

iGc6iwH4KueSJ.gif

Suarez's movement yesterday was ridiculous, and sorely missing at the Olympics. Poor defenders obviously, but he just seemed to constantly be positioned a couple of yards away from them, with his body between them and the ball. Loved his first-time nutmeg as well

Arnie

Good signing for Spurs, they really need to get the strikers in. Ade and Damaio will be two top players up front. And Defoe's a decent backup to them both. Just a midfielder and a keeper for them and they're looking really good, squad wise at least.

elsk

Banned
One of my greatest joys about having football back: making gifs!

iGc6iwH4KueSJ.gif

I saw the goal yesterday, so good. Don't get how people are able to underrate Luis Suárez after things like that.

Man, I would love to watch a game in a nice stadium like that.

I saw the goal yesterday, so good. Don't get how people are able to underrate Luis Suárez after things like that.

Man, I would love to watch a game in a nice stadium like that.

I think its because his playing style is kind of like throwing shit at a wall and hoping some of it sticks. When it comes off though, its a pretty damn good wall of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom