• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emhemed

Tomorrow is a good football day

12:00 Juve vs Napoli

14:00 Brazil vs Mexico

17:15 Dinamo Bucarest vs Barcelona

18:00 Real Madrid vs Celtic

18:20 Hannover vs Manchester United

I'll probably end up watching the first 3 games and keep an eye on RM's and United's games

Clegg

He's going on loan to Arsenal as part of the RVP deal.

Actually saw that on Twitter earlier :lol

hahahahahahahahahahah

ahahhahahahahahahahahaaahhhahahahahahah

Tbh I'm still slightly concerned about Welbecks contract situation.

Losing him would be disasterous imo.

Fry

ipMrBOyTfiEd5.gif

Haha, I saw this movie not long ago, and that scene explained this one to me (I never understood):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a6Omb-Xwe-w#t=149s

Oh, this show used to be so good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That gif could also be Marotta money pinching.
Calciomercato are reporting that Juventus have this evening had a £14m+ bid for wantaway Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente rejected.

Meier

Could be bullshit, but crazy story if true.

MANCHESTER CITY have rejected a £40m bid for Mario Balotelli from Paris St Germain after Roberto Mancini threatened to quit.

PSG boss Carlo Ancelotti made Balotelli one of his top targets and was confident of luring the Italian striker to France.

But his huge offer was snubbed when Mancini told his bosses he would walk out on the Premier League champions if his fellow Italian was allowed to leave.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/266620/Mancini-Sell-Balotelli-and-I-m-off/?

jtb

Banned
Does Mancini forfeit his ridiculous contract if he quits? Can't see that happening anytime soon, and he knows getting sacked is just a win-win opportunity for him. It's a real shame, though, because I'm really hoping RVP goes to City (despite his obvious reluctance to move).

hahahahahahahahahahah

ahahhahahahahahahahahaaahhhahahahahahah

Tbh I'm still slightly concerned about Welbecks contract situation.

Losing him would be disasterous imo.

Heh, you guys will worry about anything. Welbeck is Manchester born and raised. Fergie's been saying he'd become an England international for ages and benched a 30m+ striker last season to develop him. All at only 21.

Hell, I wouldn't worry about Welbeck even if RVP came. They're both versatile enough to get rotation as wing-forwards, the same way Tevez and Rooney did back some seasons ago. (Any excuse to bench Young, right?) It's Chicharito who'll have the most difficulty getting starts. Seems like he's definitely about to become our super-sub.

pulga

Banned
lol at drunk Messi

Id like to take this opportunity to take a break from my vacation and say fuck the FIGC. Goddamn motherfuckers.

GorillaJu

Gentleman's agreement shmentleman's agreement.

We triggered his release clause by paying a considerable fee. Should go without saying that you can't operate a successful business if you're not taking advantage of loop holes and opportunities that guarantee improvement.

There isn't manager alive who wouldn't do the same thing.

Salazar

There isn't manager alive who wouldn't do the same thing.

Perhaps not. And the compensation is certainly substantial.

But Rodgers shouldn't have committed himself (in print, quoth Swansea) to that agreement. Done now, of course. And it's good to see a talented young Welshman being recognised*.

*Leaving aside all the numpties calling him English.

Zabojnik

lol at drunk Messi

Id like to take this opportunity to take a break from my vacation and say fuck the FIGC. Goddamn motherfuckers.

I feel almost sorry for Palazzi, he's being rediculed everywhere in the press today. There's a good chance Conte's ban will be lifted after the appeals, since they don't have a single piece of solid evidence against him. It's all conjecture of the lowest level and there's a shitton of contradictions. Some are truly mind boggling.

elsk

Banned
I feel almost sorry for Palazzi, he's being rediculed everywhere in the press today. There's a good chance Conte's ban will be lifted after the appeals, since they don't have a single piece of solid evidence against him. It's all conjecture of the lowest level and there's a shitton of contradictions. Some are truly mind boggling.

Sounds like the Luis Suarez case.

GorillaJu

Why? He's right. It's a Mickey mouse court. Thing is all the evidence is going to be one man's word over another and everyone has a vested interest in one side or the other.

They're only working with what they have and that's fine but there are bound to be inconsistencies and sketchy circumstances within individual hearings.

They tend to err on the side of guilt – andt the best one can hope for is consistency.

snoopen

I've ordered HD Foxtel to be installed on Tuesday.. beats the shit out of trying to find poor or dodgy streams at 2am in the morning. Will be glorious to watch it on my lounges :)

Ryder

I've ordered HD Foxtel to be installed on Tuesday.. beats the shit out of trying to find poor or dodgy streams at 2am in the morning. Will be glorious to watch it on my lounges :)

lol i did the same thing but im getting it on Friday, wouldnt you rather tape it and watch it in the morning?

How much are you paying for it? mine is $86 for the sports value pack and that was on special. lol what a joke.

dc89

Watermelon is the most refreshing fruit going. Absolutely perfect on a hot day.

Yup. When I went to the Caribbean, Egypt and Rhodes it was THE perfect snack.

Like mangos. I'm Indian so my family are crazy about it.

Pineapple is my favourite fruit. Love it.

I don't do mango's. Pineapple is ok, but sometimes it's a bit too sweet for me.

Its Daily Star.

There is a 100% chance that its a bullshit story.

Mancini did say he has turned down bids for Balotelli this summer. But that's a typical Daily Star spin.

I mIds the kermit, policia Olivia koppwtburh

Too much Guiness.

Meier

Poor Paddy.
“I think I’ll have to watch that goal being repeated over and over again for the next few years,” said Kenny with a resigned sigh ahead of what is expected to be his Leeds United debut this afternoon against Shrewsbury Town in the Capital One Cup first round.

“I’ve realised that over the summer. Sky have been showing it every 10 minutes, or that’s certainly what it has felt like.

“The game itself, I haven’t watched back. But I haven’t been able to miss the winner. I’ll be sitting on the sofa with the television on in the background and then suddenly I’ll hear the commentator shout ‘Aguero!’

“And I can’t help but look up. I suppose I’ll just have to get used to it.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...eager-to-live-the-dream-with-leeds-1-4824582?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom