• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Antonio Corsa is brilliant! Fucking love him on twitter.

Jeff Albertson Below said:
This is embarassing, Shebby Singh who is effectively director of football at ewood is having a question and answer session with fans today.

So far he has mocked Kean and some of the players

Pretty standard in Serie A :p

This is embarassing, Shebby Singh who is effectively director of football at ewood is having a question and answer session with fans today.

So far he has mocked Kean and some of the players

He's said Pedersens legs have gone and we don't need pensioners on the books, pedersen is 30, we have just signed murphy at 35 and gomes at 37

Kean has 3 games to save his job

A fan asked said 'I'm an ass kisser and Scottish can I have a job' Shebby replied 'that job is taken'

I think he needs to remember he's a director at the club and not a tv pundit now

dc89

He's said Pedersens legs have gone and we don't need pensioners on the books, pedersen is 30, we have just signed murphy at 35 and gomes at 37

Kean has 3 games to save his job

A fan asked said 'I'm an ass kisser and Scottish can I have a job' Shebby replied 'that job is taken'

I think he needs to remember he's a director at the club and not a tv pundit now

Holy hell. What the hell is going on? It's like City getting rid of Hughes, they already have a man in place and the axe is just waiting to fall.

UV-6

Fener supporters, is Henri Bienvenu any good?
Depends what you want to use him for.

As a lone striker I feel his positioning and finishing lets him down - which is why he didn't succeed at Fener. But he works hard, like Facism said, and I think he's a great supporting striker. Likes to be involved in build-up play and links up well with players around him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pesoli chained to FIGC gates.

p174aguna41hkqoac1h4c14va4pd4.jpg

Arnie

Can't wrap my head around our interest in Sahin. We'd have to work exceptionally hard to convince him to even come here, yet we wouldn't be able to guarantee him a starting place. It's a strange one. If we really wanted to pursue it then both Adam and spearing need to leave. Spearing could go for a loan somewhere else, and Adam can be used as a makeweight for Dempsey.

Then it's the curious case of Adam Johnson, whom I really like, but not enough to let Agger go.

Hixx

Turned on ESPN to see if McGeady isn't shit.

Gets a red card 30 seconds later
KuGsj.gif

edit: Daily Mail reckons it's Southampton who are the club that made an illegal approach for Matt Phillips...

sohois

Can't wrap my head around our interest in Sahin. We'd have to work exceptionally hard to convince him to even come here, yet we wouldn't be able to guarantee him a starting place. It's a strange one. If we really wanted to pursue it then both Adam and spearing need to leave. Spearing could go for a loan somewhere else, and Adam can be used as a makeweight for Dempsey.

Then it's the curious case of Adam Johnson, whom I really like, but not enough to let Agger go.

If Sahin were to arrive then I wouldn't see the need for Dempsey, they both play in similar positions seemingly, behind the striker, same as Gerrard. If anything the player that would have to go would be Shelvey, he is another that would be most comfortable in that advanced position. And I disagree with the suggestion that he couldn't get a starting place, I'd imagine that Gerrard would move into the front three to accommodate Sahin in the midfield.

Still though, given Sahin was said to be uninterested in moving to Tottenham as part of the Modric deal, I also cannot see why he would favour going to Liverpool, though perhaps he would be more amenable to a loan deal than a permanent deal.

Bumhead

Banned
I've got a Sports Direct big mug. Although it's not as big as my Mr. Greedy mug which is like a fucking plant pot.

I think everyone's got a Sports Direct mug. It's that mug that sits right at the back that never gets used. Go check, even if you don't think you have one you probably will.

They'll bump right up, the standard down there is terrible. Saturday league teams around where I live have had games against Scottish 4th/3rd division teams and pretty much matched them for the 90 minutes.

I've got a Sports Direct big mug. Although it's not as big as my Mr. Greedy mug which is like a fucking plant pot.

I think everyone's got a Sports Direct mug. It's that mug that sits right at the back that never gets used. Go check, even if you don't think you have one you probably will.

So true.

150 years time Tony Robinson's great great grandson will be digging up England and all he'll find will be broken Sports Direct Mugs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lucio, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah, Giovinco, Matri.

LETS FUCKING KILL THEM.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Right now I'm going through that weird mixture of excitement and impending worry. Two hours to go.

We might win. We might lose --devastatingly. They are the favourites after all. But I trust the guys. And even if they lose, they already made history.

Godspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom