• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
Kylehimself///kylehimself
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

Its a fiver, Sean :)

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
Spanish Wrath///
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

Its a fiver, Sean :)

Also, whoever has the initials DRB, make yourself known. You've paid but I don't know which user you are :)

SW, just need the team name

Haha, DRB is me :p

Labadal

For the lulz (Major changes will be done. I've changed the team 3 times now.)

NjRMj.png

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Freewheelin'///Freewheelin FC
Yurt*///

Anyone else want in? Room for at least 4 more. Yurt, let me know asap :)

kharma45

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

Anyone else want in? Room for at least 5 more. Yurt and kharma, let me know asap :)

So we doing it for a fiver then? Talk of a tenner scared me :p

I'm in, how do I go about sending the fiver over without PayPal stealing any of it?

GorillaJu

I'm pretty sure that's the popular opinion here in FootyGAF too. I should hope so.

It's a popular opinion even on Gaf OT which is largely American. I'd be shocked if the European sub-community didn't agree.

That USWNT video I could only watch a few seconds of, though it did kind of make me miss home. But when I miss home I prefer to listen to this band as no one else seems to capture the modern west coast sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Oa6ih0kgA

I sent that video to a Japanese friend who is a vocalist for a band here in Tokyo, and he said "Thanks. Not really my type of music though." How the fuck can you categorically deny a brilliant song because of its genre? People who like "genres" piss me off. Good music is good, regardless of genre. I mean I listen to folk and experimental stuff more than anything else but I still love hip-hop, pop, indie, "world music", whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWhGXCBM6Y

Girls is amazing! Check this out if you haven't yet, people. Pure Californian goodness.

Santon in the XI with Walker on the bench?

dat shit be cray

Newcastle play Tottenham at home - you don't expect them to score? I have Kaboul but he's benched for the first week. After that, Tottenham's fixtures get pretty fuckin easy.

Labadal

Sagitario reminds me a bit of Kun Aguero: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40102676&postcount=7351

No points are awarded for hitting the woodwork.

I know, lol. i did it just to see if I could afford all three. I have 2million in the bank, so I'll probably pick a dirt cheap striker, Suarez + Rooney or Aguero.

Santon in the XI with Walker on the bench?

dat shit be cray

Walker will be my starter, but they're playing away. These defenders will probably be in my team for the whole season if nothing drastic happens.

GorillaJu

My team with big changes
team.PNG

ideas welcomed

Your defense looks quite expensive, Allen isn't really an attacker and thus won't get too many points as official FPL doesn't count tackles/recovered balls for points, and Borini's starting position isn't certain quite yet.

Otherwise I think it looks pretty good.

Carbonox

Dutty rumours suggesting we want Ryan Babel. Jog on. Also, where did the whole Loic Remy bid stories come from. Kinda odd, that.

Fady K

When I saw him come on I initially thought you'd resigned Borini.

I googled him to double check, he doesn't look like him much, though this picture bears a little resemblance to him:

borini-liverpool-fc.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's the popular opinion here in FootyGAF too. I should hope so.

I'd hope so too bro. So many pointless massacres initiated by idiots who purchase their weapons from the store next door.

Hey guys, I don't usually plug my articles here but I wrote a piece about the start of Ramadan and how it might coincide with pre-season today so give it a read if you're interested!

Ramadan and Footballers

Great article Mr. Raza. Well done. For non-Muslims it not only gives a sneak peek on what observing fast may be like for practicing Muslim players, but also gives an idea of what Ramadan is exactly. Your writing is good as well, keep it up.

Razak had a really solid game.

Kompany's goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH7iiI-Agqk

For a defender, that is an excellent goal.

Excitedddd. Will also help kill 2 hours in what'll be a difficult first fast..Fady, where you at? How's it going for you?

Hey there bro! Fourth day here, just had my meal. Getting into the rhythm again, the only tough spot is the weather as it's quite hot - low 40s (celsius). What about yourself?

I must say it seems much tougher to fast in England - 2:30 AM - around 9? Wow, that's quite a lot. In the UAE we start our fast from around 4 AM up until we break it at 7:15PM. What's crazier is that Muslims in Europe, among other regions of the world, have no shorter working hours. (In Muslim nations your working hours tend to get cut down by 2 hours in the holy month). Props to you and the guys out there for brushing aside the challenge with the fasting, I believe it will count more than it does for us here as you guys have to work harder.

kharma45

Wilbury et al. with the JT word in your FL team name, I'd change it...

"Teams with names that are deemed inappropriate or offensive may result in your account being deleted."

Thanks for the heads up.

May I ask why everyone is against Firearms being sold to the public in the U.S.? I don't want to get into it, I'm mostly just curious, but I am in favor of it, and I will never exercise that right.

Zabojnik

Thanks for the heads up.

May I ask why everyone is against Firearms being sold to the public in the U.S.? I don't want to get into it, I'm mostly just curious, but I am in favor of it, and I will never exercise that right.

Because they hate freedom.

And the easy ability to purchase something that will allow them to kill someone on a whim from a safe distance.

Kyoufu

So are tasers, baseball bats, knives, etc.

We could also talk about vehicular related deaths. Or the fact that most gun related murders occur with illegal weapons, not the leagal ones.

Not sure if serious. No offence but you can't compare a deadly ranged weapon to a knife. Come on now.

Away from the internets for a day and Fergie goes full metal muppet. Seems like we're buying everyone.

Also saw The Dark Knight Rises. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman stole it for me - never realized what a stone cold fox she is. Baine was solid. Bit too hammy, and more contrived than Inception at times. A great climax saved it. I'd say Nolan is the better filmmaker, but Avengers won.

Wouldn't pick Carrick. Won't score many points.

I'm against the free sale of guns because whilst other weapons are also dangerous, guns are IMO more so and I think it's quite unnecessary for people to have them. Whilst you can never stop people from carrying or having dangerous items, you can restrict it within reason. I just don't think having guns in your home is reasonable really...

I am sure you can argue quite a strong case for the legal sale of guns but it just doesn't sit comfortably with me, and I guess that's just the general opinion of them in the community in the UK. I can see why it might be different in the States.

Zabojnik

What if he made a bomb using household supplies. That could have been more deadly, and easier to acquire.

Well, sure. If you're that serious / crazy about killing people, there are a lot of ways of doing it. The success rate of doing it with guns that you can easily acquire is probably somewhat higher, though. There are a lot of sides to this debate, so, yeah, let's just focus on football here.

Well, sure. If you're that serious / crazy about killing people, there are a lot of ways of doing it. The success rate of doing it with guns that you can easily acquire if probably somewhat higher, though. There are a lot of sides to this debate, so, yeah, let's just focus on football here.

Agreed, just wanted to get some different perspectives, especially because of the general European stance on firearms.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not even a debate, I'm sorry. // Back on topic: Some sources are saying we agreed terms with RVP and waiting for Arsenal, while others say the exact opposite! I have a feeling we "agreed terms" a long time ago with him anyway, now it's just a matter of Marotta dicking around with the bids.

America has unique issues, though. So long as their institutions continue to push an ailing drug war, violent and organized crime will persist. The cartels are starting to take a foothold. Sure, the NRA has disproportionate lobby power, and it's more than a bit ridiculous to be so blase about the sale of assault rifles and the like, and the Stand Your Ground law is a racist embarrassment to Florida, but some of the Republicans have a point - if I was living in America, I'd want to own a gun myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom