• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Not half as bad as looking in to the past, hiring a legend who squanders countless millions goes on to do shite, handles a racial incident in the poorest possible way and then firing him. Just saying.

It is, and it's in no way comparable regardless, but I'll engage with you on one bit:

If Mancini would've won the Carling Cup and got to the FA Cup final two years ago, instead of just the FA Cup, you'd still have been hailing him as some uber manager.

Meier

Nope, that makes it all fun. Isn't he a youth coach or something at City? One that likes talking shit, sure, but I mean if the medias are willing to write about it... Why not.

His official role: Vieira is currently Football Development Executive at Manchester City with a role to oversee aspects such as youth development, commercial partners and the club's social responsibility programme, "City in the Community". He played for City for a season before retiring as well as some may recall. He's been with the club for a few years now.

The rumor has been City's 3rd kit will be inspired by the original.. I wonder if its a coincidence that EA is using this one rather than any other year's?

screenshot_287131_thumb_wide940.jpg

dc89

His official role: Vieira is currently Football Development Executive at Manchester City with a role to oversee aspects such as youth development, commercial partners and the club's social responsibility programme, "City in the Community". He played for City for a season before retiring as well as some may recall. He's been with the club for a few years now.

The rumor has been City's 3rd kit will be inspired by the original.. I wonder if its a coincidence that EA is using this one rather than any other year's?

Did you see the mockup some fan did on one of the City forums? Looked so cool! With the St Marks emblem you see on that shirt on the shoulder.

Wilbur

Banned
Every time I see Viera doing anything remotely related to City I laugh. It's pretty poxy that City are pimping him out as some ambassador when he had fuck all to do with the club. It really is the definition of small time.

Hahaha so fucking true

dc89

Every time I see Viera doing anything remotely related to City I laugh. It's pretty poxy that City are pimping him out as some ambassador when he had fuck all to do with the club. It really is the definition of small time.

Is it because he is black?

choodi

Banned
Don't go in expecting anything. That way you won't be disappointed.... because let's just say that season is shockingly poor.

It is not a great season of television, but there is one scene which pays off big time and is one of the finest moments in the whole show so far.

It is not as bad as people are making out, but not as good as it could have been.

dc89

Their best talent has just been poached by Barca and their best young striker is probably going to leave because he can't get a game for the senior team.

Lots of good kids left at City. Wabara, Rekik, Razak, Suarez. Lopez looks good too for a 16 year old.

SAF was talking about trying out 18 year olds etc! Maybe we'll see him in the Carling Cup this year.

Juan Angel Roman.

:( It still hurts. What a player.

Phahaha you're responding to one quote twice? With something as laughable as this?

Oh dc

You can't shame me out of here haha. I'd have gone many moons ago if you could.

Zabojnik

Juventus Stadium season tickets are already sold-out for the 2012 / 2013 season, despite the shocking 42% price increase (30%, if renewed) in certain areas. I knew we should have made it a 50.000 stadium at least ... Unless you're with an official club (I am! :D) it's gonna be a bitch getting a ticket for a single game.

Kyoufu

Juventus Stadium season tickets are already sold-out for the 2012 / 2013 season, despite the shocking 42% price increase (30%, if renewed) in certain areas. I knew we should have made it a 50.000 stadium at least ... Unless you're with an official club (I am! :D) it's gonna be a bitch getting a ticket for a single game.

Fuck it, I would pay the 40% increase after an unbeaten season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Almost double! We're gonna be rich Zabo :D
And by we I mean Marotta, we're getting poorer

Anyone who wasn't around yesterday wanna join our paid Fantasy League? Don't have to be British I think, Paypal converts it

There's 11 of us so far, putting in £5 each :)

I'm in, but if everyone doesn't pay, how will it work? Just a side pot where the top ranked participant wins the money?

Speaking of which, I hope all our points from this year carry over so I can just buy everything when I first get the game.

I'm in, but if everyone doesn't pay, how will it work? Just a side pot where the top ranked participant wins the money?

Speaking of which, I hope all our points from this year carry over so I can just buy everything when I first get the game.

Give us your team name and I'll PM you the details. If I can't get 10 people in and paid by the start of the season, I'll just send everyone's money back.

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
Kylehimself///kylehimself
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

The bolded are all done, just to put a bit of pressure on the rest of you :p

edit: @choodi, just give me your team name and I'll PM you and AA the details

Arnie

Still waiting on Paypal to send me the deposits so I can verify my bank. It's taking the piss, I want to buy a cheap Xbox Live card online too so I can resume watching Breaking Bad series 4 on Netflix.

Your first reply was good man.
It really wasn't.

dc89

Still waiting on Paypal to send me the deposits so I can verify my bank. It's taking the piss, I want to buy a cheap Xbox Live card online too so I can resume watching Breaking Bad series 4 on Netflix.

When I set PayPal up 4/5 years ago now it took bloomin' ages.

Give us your team name and I'll PM you the details. If I can't get 10 people in and paid by the start of the season, I'll just send everyone's money back.

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
Kylehimself///kylehimself
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///
choodi///
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

The bolded are all done, just to put a bit of pressure on the rest of you :p

edit: @choodi, just give me your team name and I'll PM you and AA the details

My team name is Freewheelin FC

Meier

So I guess Orlando City beat Newcastle in a friendly last summer? Had no idea. Playing Stoke this week after the friendly versus Nottingham Forest from last week was canceled since Forest canceled their whole US tour. Go City!

Zabojnik

Almost double! We're gonna be rich Zabo :D
And by we I mean Marotta, we're getting poorer

Fuck it, I would pay the 40% increase after an unbeaten season.

I thought I would too, but after careful consideration I opted not to, again. I live 550km from Torino and in the end it just doesn't add up for me, spending-wise. I could realistically have gone to five, six domestic games at the most anyway (on the other hand I'm a pretty avid away supporter, but that's another story :p). So I'll be getting my tickets through the fanclub or use my friends' season tickets, when they'll be unable to go. Win-win.

Arnie

Needing Gold to use Netflix is a joke
It is. I can watch it on my laptop but I do the trick with the Xbox that convinces it I'm in America, thus getting all the content. Luckily I'm an avid Live user anyway so I'd be buying it regardless, and aren't being drawn in solely for Netflix.
When I set PayPal up 4/5 years ago now it took bloomin' ages.
I need it to resolve sharpish as I'm house sitting for my dad over the next couple of weeks. I'm meant to be feeding the cats, but if I've got no Xbox or Netflix over the two week period I may end up eating them out of boredom.
BTW, Kermit says hi.
I hope he makes a return one day.

I miss such overt bullshit. Genuinely.

GorillaJu

Alright, I'm in that paid fantasy league. Looking at Viva's point totals over the last few years, he's gonna make a smash and grab and JT us all out of our hard earned £5. Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom