• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm in that paid fantasy league. Looking at Viva's point totals over the last few years, he's gonna make a smash and grab and JT us all out of our hard earned £5. Dick.
tumblr_m5nck1GQvw1qa9xjp.gif

dc89

Dear god those graphics.

And the scary thing is I saw a tweet before linking to an article with the EA Sports team and they said they are not overly wanting next-gen hardware just yet, they want to 'maximise' current hardware.

Or something to that effect.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
And the scary thing is I saw a tweet before linking to an article with the EA Sports team and they said they are not overly wanting next-gen hardware just yet, they want to 'maximise' current hardware.

wait that isn't the Vita version?

yuck

Don't worry. I read that site too and I'm shite.

izA1lOJlEDaGS.png

9.0!! Christ! He was I think 4.0 when he came in on loan to Swansea last season.
Yeah I was shocked at that price, one of the most expensive players in the game now, not at all sure about that.

Funilly enough im waiting for his replacement (Michu) to be put into the game. Think he will be a good pick if he's at a reasonable price.

pappe

Yeah I was shocked at that price, one of the most expensive players in the game now, not at all sure about that.

Funilly enough im waiting for his replacement (Michu) to be put into the game. Think he will be a good pick if he's at a reasonable price.

And he wont even start majority of the games. VDV will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Give us your team name and I'll PM you the details. If I can't get 10 people in and paid by the start of the season, I'll just send everyone's money back.

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Mastadon///Dyslexia Untied
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
Kylehimself///kylehimself
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

The bolded are all done, just to put a bit of pressure on the rest of you :p

edit: @choodi, just give me your team name and I'll PM you and AA the details

Sorry I'm so late, here ya go: C***gate

GorillaJu

Same.

i9iFHajwIhIhT.png

Michu will replace Holman. Swansea gets more goals from midfield than Norwich did under Lambert. Think it'll probably be the same with Villa, though Holman and Michu reflect each other pretty well in fantasy value, by my prediction.

K1LLER7

I'm waiting for Moura :D

GorillaJu

Moura will really fuck up squad/team selection for a lot of people. That'll leave 4 top class midfielders from United who will all be subject to rotation, and none of them will come cheaply. Lucas will cost at least 8, given the size of his transfer fee.

Arnie

Moura will really fuck up squad/team selection for a lot of people. That'll leave 4 top class midfielders from United who will all be subject to rotation, and none of them will come cheaply. Lucas will cost at least 8, given the size of his transfer fee.
If they sign Moura I'm abandoning Kagawa.

Wouldn't pick any United players for now apart from Rooney + Valencia.

Even though I am taking the leap and picking Kagawa. It goes against my FF-senses but I can't help it.

Do think Kagawa could be awesome value at 8.5m though. If he does play most games as #10 he will rack up points.

Arnie

Listening to the Anfield Wrap and one of them just suggested we should loan Sterling out abroad, then someone butted in with, "He's got two kids!". Fucking hilarious.

K1LLER7

Even though I am taking the leap and picking Kagawa. It goes against my FF-senses but I can't help it.

Do think Kagawa could be awesome value at 8.5m though. If he does play most games as #10 he will rack up points.
Yeah, Evra too. We don't look like signing a LB and Evra plays nearly every PL game Utd have.

GorillaJu

Moura isn't really that much of a goal threat though, is he? I'm not sure. He gets in dangerous areas but I don't see him getting too many goals/assists over a season. Think Kagawa will be a fantastic FPL buy in terms of minutes/output - the problem is how many minutes will he play in his favored position as a no 10?

He'll be far less effective out wide, and will get fewer goals and assists if he is put in the center of midfield. If I was confident that he'd be playing 60+ minutes every game, he'd be my first choice high-price MF.

Hah. I feel you. Sometimes I just want a player's name on my FPL team. Hard to beat down that temptation. I had so much faith in Carroll and Downing last season, that I continued to stick with them. Won't be making that mistake this year. Got to play smarter.

Yeah, Evra too. We don't look like signing a LB and Evra plays nearly every PL game Utd have.

Vidic not fully fit, Smalling injured, Evans injured, right now the only fully fit senior defenders United have are Phil Jones and Rio Ferdinand. Either one of them would be a good buy since they'd be guaranteed to play. Evra will probably be replaced by Baines.

Baines is a boss FPL defender, but so many of his points for Everton came from set pieces. If he moves to United, he'll be rotating with Evra, and he won't be taking Penalties as that's Rooney's job. Diminishes the value of both players heavily.

For United players, I think the only ones worth picking at the moment are Phil Jones, Wayne Rooney and maybe Rafael. Anyone beyond that is too risky. Oh and De Gea is too pricey for a GK.

Fady K

Don't want to overdo it with another megapost, hence smaller posts with replies to previous comments, dating back to the end of the last thread.

Yesterday was just a friendly, but it was alright. Very happy for Piazon getting a great goal, can't wait to see him in the first team someday.

My big Chelsea surprise of the summer so far though? Marko Marin. If he continues to play like this, I CAN'T wait to see him this season.

PSG is dead set on getting the Ligue crown next season. How will Montpellier stop a much improved PSG? How will Lille stop them after giving up possibly their 2 best players? They will be fun to watch, that's for sure. Veratti in particular was impressive, as was Pastore and Nene.

Just got back from seeing TDK:R.

Holy shit, that was incredible.

The best out of all of them for sure, the visuals were amazing and I actually sat for 164 minutes and was not bored once. Of course I was fidgeting towards the end but thats just because I'd been sitting for so long.

ohhhh ffffuuucckkk you guys. The Dark Knight Rises is amazing!

Hhnnnnnngggggggg TDKR was amazing. Not a traditional Batman
movie but the most exciting one I've seen in years. The third act was amazing, and the connections to BB were great.

I loved how everyone absolutely owned their roles. Not a single complaint.

Footygaf is very different than the Dark Knight Rises thread in that sense, a lot of positive impressions here. You guys got me HYPED :)! Can't wait to see it.

Jesus Christ, the Aurora shooting. Horrible, just horrible. RIP. :(((

My opinion on this may not be popular, but I hate how firearms are sold to the public in the US, I hate it with a passion.

GorillaJu

On the Aurora shooting, when I read shit like this on Wikipedia:

The attack began about 12:38 am,[9] around the time of the first gun scene in the adjacent theater. The masked gunman threw a canister emitting a gas or smoke which partially obscured the audience's sight, made their throats and skin itch, and caused eye irritation.[10] He then fired a 12-gauge Remington Model 870 shotgun, first at the ceiling and then at the audience. He also fired a Smith & Wesson M&P15[11] semi-automatic rifle with a 100-round drum magazine, which jammed.[11][12] He then used a .40 S&W Glock handgun.[13][14] A second Glock handgun was found in the suspect's car.[15] He had nine magazines in an ammo carrier and police found at least three .40-caliber magazines, a shotgun and a large drum magazine on the floor when they arrived.[16] First he shot to the back of the room, and then toward people in the aisles.[8] Some bullets passed through the wall and hit people in the neighboring theater 8, which was screening the same film.[2]

It just makes my blood boil. Why the fuck are we fetishizing to such detail the events that occurred? Some psychotic kid came in with some guns and grenades he shouldn't have owned – end of.

Reads like it was written by some 4-chan reader who plays saxophone in high school band. It creeps me out that someone went into such detail to describe the least important part of what happened. There are a million different ways someone with the volition and mental state to kill a shit load of people can get away with it. There's no need to chronicle every detail, as there's no valuable lesson to be learned.

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

If anyone's on that list and hasn't got the PM (aside from kharma and Yurt,) remind me.

Also, if anyone's paid and hasn't got the code, tell me :)

elseanio

So, so far we've got:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
kharma45*///
Yurt*///

If anyone's on that list and hasn't got the PM (aside from kharma and Yurt,) remind me.

Also, if anyone's paid and hasn't got the code, tell me :)

Sorry man, didn't realise we were paying now. Is it £5 or £10?

FIFA's crowds always look so poor.

When will they be able to replicate this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5hPgSEwCiQ&feature=youtu.be

I want streakers, fireworks thrown at goalkeepers, people stabbing each other and random dudes showing their dicks at penalties before it's reasonable to say Fifa is real a football sim, imo.

Just sounds like typical generic PR bullshit they have to say, to try and make people feel this isn't some game running on way too old hardware.

Bumhead

Banned
And I quite like Spurs too!

I like Spurs as well, as a neutral they're probably my favourite Premier League club at the minute, but I can't stand that damn chant. To be fair it's not just Spurs either. Any of those slow renditions of that tune are just.. atrocious. God damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom