• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I would definitely argue that Hulk is far from overrated. He is a proven, lethal finisher. Now you might say he's overpriced but that's not the same thing.

That being said, Falcao over him would be understandable although I don't think there's that much of a difference between them. Comes down to style and taste. We know Hulk operates well under AVB though.

Think theyre very different myself. Hulk pacier and trickier but less lethal in shooting. Moves the ball forward, where Falcao can play as a target man. Falcao can score from anywhere. Hulk has his preferred angles.

Fady K

I much prefer the BBC Sherlock to Guy Richie's version.

I'm possibly the only one in here who is crazy about the Downey version of Sherlock Holmes. I've yet to see the series, heard great things about it. Did not know it was modern day! Awesome.

From the UK. Fasts going well, how about yours?. I'm Getting hungry. I can smell the kebabs :D

I feel bad for you guys having to wait so long to break your fast :/ Entering the 5th day, time sure flies!

Yep, I don't mind people practising religion in a peaceful manner, but what irks me are those who try to force their beliefs onto others. Also the lack of freedom women have in Islamic countries is very depressing :(

Are you a loose Muslim in terms of alcohol/meat?

Oh yeah, totally. Forcing your beliefs onto a religion is actually an incorrect manner that is not encouraged, yet many people do it anyway unfortunately. It's harder to get people to understand a system when you simply force it onto them rather than inform them about it and leave it to them to make their decision. Re: The women issue - it is depressing and unfair and like with the many things that are wrong in the religion today, it comes from the people and not the religion itself. In reality, women are placed on such a high pedestal and it obligatory for Muslim men to show their respect. As I live in the UAE, I can thankfully say that women are treated here far better than they are in other Islamic countries (based on reports and such).

I myself am a practicing Muslim, no alcohol for me. If we hang out someday, I'll take you out for some coke however ;D Maybe we can catch a Newcastle/Chelsea fixture too.

Just watched The Fighter. Man, what a completely average film. Bale is incredible in it, but really...that's it.

While the Fighter wasn't all that special, Bale really does wonders to the film. His performance was so great.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like you Ushojax, but come the first day of the season, it's war.

ibv1lVUTmdayye.gif

Was a good deal for spurs. What's happening with the Adebayor move? Thought he was certain to join.

Apparently we are still haggling over the transfer fee. We want to put some of it into Ade's signing-on fee (to offset his wage decrease) but City want the full fee. In Levy we trust.

Salvadora

Doesn't Atletico have money troubles? I remember reading about delayed payments for Falcao.

I'm possibly the only one in here who is crazy about the Downey version of Sherlock Holmes. I've yet to see the series, heard great things about it. Did not know it was modern day! Awesome.
You need to watch it. You'll fall in love.

GorillaJu

So we want to get rid of Aqua and Carroll. Carroll we won't sell for less than 15m. Aqua we'll probably have to bite the bullet on. Andy, Newcastle and Liverpool all interested in a Carroll deal but we won't sell for less than that value and we'll keep him if we can't get 15 or more.

Adam swap for Dempsey is a possibility. Adam could replace Murphy in that squad.

K1LLER7

Apparently United have improved there offer for Lucas to around £30m. Massive gamble if true but imo I think he'll turn out a brilliant signing.

Fady K

Doesn't Atletico have money troubles? I remember reading about delayed payments for Falcao.

You need to watch it. You'll fall in love.

I am thinking about it :)! I wonder though, wait for the American one or not bother? I'm inclined to go for the Brit version.

More responses...

There goes my plan for a raging night of boozing in Barcelona with Fady :(

No worries, I can always grab a coke from somewhere and I'm set ;D

I always thought fady was Greek :O

I am Greek indeed my friend, my dad's a convert though. A very rare thing in Greece!

Fady does not seem like the sinning type. Well he does support Chelsea.

That's mean of you Messi :p My footballing heart belongs to both London and Catalunya :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky is reporting a possible Quagliarella-Pazzini swap.

I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.

I liked the first movie more than the series. I'm still not sure how I feel about the second one. :/

Get rid of Aqua again?

lmao poor guy.

Aqualoani :(

If we get Pazzini it'll be in a swap for Quagliarella. Matri and Pazzini are too similar to make that deal be of any sense. And Matri just went through a rough patch whereas Quagliarella hasn't really been on for a year. I figure we'll get Pazzini, probably on loan with option to buy unless Krasic is happy enough to go to Inter.

But I'm not convinced we'll have enough depth with three strikers if we're playing primarily with a 3-5-2. It's why the Destro move, to me, still seems very likely to me. Genoa could use Iaquinta, surely. :p

Salvadora

I am thinking about it :)! I wonder though, wait for the American one or not bother? I'm inclined to go for the Brit version.

American version looks horrible, I wouldn't wait. Each is an hour and a half long but absolutely tremendous. I held off watching because the modern day angle turned me off but it was a big mistake.

Arnie

It's depressing seing a player like Aquilani thrown about like unwanted change. I really did think he was going to get a chance under Rodgers too. I wouldn't be surprised if it was wages that's the main problem, but then why aren't we looking to offload Cole too. Out of the two of them, Aquilani's the more capable player.

Kyoufu

Oh yeah, totally. Forcing your beliefs onto a religion is actually an incorrect manner that is not encouraged, yet many people do it anyway unfortunately. It's harder to get people to understand a system when you simply force it onto them rather than inform them about it and leave it to them to make their decision. Re: The women issue - it is depressing and unfair and like with the many things that are wrong in the religion today, it comes from the people and not the religion itself. In reality, women are placed on such a high pedestal and it obligatory for Muslim men to show their respect. As I live in the UAE, I can thankfully say that women are treated here far better than they are in other Islamic countries (based on reports and such).

I myself am a practicing Muslim, no alcohol for me. If we hang out someday, I'll take you out for some coke however ;D Maybe we can catch a Newcastle/Chelsea fixture too

My niece lives in Dubai and she parties like an animal. I've seen pictures of her at bars and clubs drinking so I'm assuming it's allowed there?

Fady K

Sky is reporting a possible Quagliarella-Pazzini swap.

I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore.

I liked the first movie more than the series. I'm still not sure how I feel about the second one. :/

Inter's Pazzini?? Why???

I love the second film man! Saw it again yesterday and the villain was far superior to Berbatov in the first film.

Well football fans do enjoy coke, but my nostrils just gets so itchy.

tumblr_lkrl8vFnHC1qca9p1.gif

Haha knew you'd say that ;)

graphics-coca-cola-774238.gif

FTW

More responses...

Haha Supporting 2 teams should be a sin

It gives you more awesome football to watch though ;D

Fady replaces "fuck" with "fudge". Yeaaah I don't think he's the drinking type
ONpZS.gif

I'm impressed Yurt! No, really :D You are the first person, let alone forum poster, to notice that ;D

Never noticed that, thats fudging funny.

Haha, that's how I roll ;D

He told me to fudge myself once :(

I would never :p Not you, especially.

Also I thought Fady was Greek but he now lives in Abu Dhabi for work. IIRC.

You got that right Mr. :D Lived here with the family since I was 6!

Kyoufu

Holy crap, total mindfuck. Fady quoted a post from the previous thread so when I went to reply to that quote too I was wondering why the thread was locked...

Anyway, Yurt, I have a potty mouth (as you know heh) and I don't drink :p

Fady K

American version looks horrible, I wouldn't wait. Each is an hour and a half long but absolutely tremendous. I held off watching because the modern day angle turned me off but it was a big mistake.

Honestly Salvadora the only thing that scares me with TV shows is the amount of time I'll have to commit to them. I already have an anime lined up, but I'm SUCH a Sherlock Holmes fanboy (I even finished the last Xbox360 game and I'm picking up the next one on the PS3!) that I may have to bit :0!

My niece lives in Dubai and she parties like an animal. I've seen pictures of her at bars and clubs drinking so I'm assuming it's allowed there?

Abu Dhabi and Dubai in particular are very culture-friendly. Only 20% of the country's citizens at most are locals, the majority come from all over the world. Party people would feel at home here actually. The nightlife in Dubai is supposed to be special.

LegoArmo

Apparently Lucas would only be on £30k a week at United, if the deal happens. Something to consider when thinking about value.

Zabojnik

If we get Pazzini it'll be in a swap for Quagliarella. Matri and Pazzini are too similar to make that deal be of any sense. And Matri just went through a rough patch whereas Quagliarella hasn't really been on for a year. I figure we'll get Pazzini, probably on loan with option to buy unless Krasic is happy enough to go to Inter.

But I'm not convinced we'll have enough depth with three strikers if we're playing primarily with a 3-5-2. It's why the Destro move, to me, still seems very likely to me. Genoa could use Iaquinta, surely. :p

It was you, fade, wasn't it? You're the only one here who thinks Pazzini isn't a terrible striker. You've jinxed it somehow. :(

dc89

Has Wenger decided not to pursue M'Vila due to him having a bad attitude?

GO Mancini. He'd be best mates with Mario.

Arnie

If he's as good as United believe then that wage won't be in place for very long. £30k a week is still a lot for a 19 year old.

Jensen

If he's as good as United believe then that wage won't be in place for very long. £30k a week is still a lot for a 19 year old.
It is a lot of money for a teenager, Jones is on rumoured to be around ~45-60k, but salaries in football have grown so quickly that 30k at a top club is on the lower end of the scale.

Can't have AVB have what he wants.

ibhJsN7HbkdgJc.gif
The best billionaire in the Premier League. He is great entertainment.

LegoArmo

Hernandez got a big pay rise after his first good season at United, so the club do like to reward players for good performance, I think.

tumblr_lkrl8vFnHC1qca9p1.gif

Haha knew you'd say that ;)

graphics-coca-cola-774238.gif

FTW

I'm a pepsi man, so I would probably be a sinner in most people eyes here.

The best billionaire in the Premier League. He is great entertainment.

I bought this a week ago, only read the two first chapters but he's a damn interesting dude

jQN1t.jpg

He's so damn secretive. Never knew he was an orphan from his early childhood, how the press were giving money for whoever could first get a photo of him because he somehow managed to keep his face hidden for a long long time even when he was playing with the big boys and never realized how loyal he is to all of his employees... Except managers. :p

Ebc5S.jpg

lol

Meier

Think theyre very different myself. Hulk pacier and trickier but less lethal in shooting. Moves the ball forward, where Falcao can play as a target man. Falcao can score from anywhere. Hulk has his preferred angles.

I should have phrased that better -- they're very different players but their overall quality is similar IMO. That's why I mentioned it coming down to style and taste.. which one you prefer depends on what kind of player you prefer and what kind of style your team operates under.

Arnie

Cahill's gone?

Yea, fuck off you JT. I've got to go to bed soon as I'm up early to watch Batman in the morning, but I feel like celebrating.

Not sure if already posted but Liverpool, QPR and West ham are interested in Gerard Deulofeu from barca.
Saw this and started laughing.

We're linked with the one player in Spain's Under 19 squad who makes me want to tear my hair out, and he's a Barcelona player too, so if he actually gets good they'll just buy him back for some ludicrous price. Like the time Arsenal got shafted for Cesc.

Clegg

Not sure if already posted but Liverpool, QPR and West ham are interested in Gerard Deulofeu from barca.

He didn't look that good a few weeks ago. Extremely quick and skillful but tends to lose the ball and run into blind alleys quite a lot.

But he's highly rated at Barca isn't he? Must be something to him.

Jensen

I bought this a week ago, only read the two first chapters but he's a damn interesting dude

jQN1t.jpg

He's so damn secretive. Never knew he was an orphan from his early childhood, how the press were giving money for whoever could first get a photo of him because he somehow managed to keep his face hidden for a long long time even when he was playing with the big boys and never realized how loyal he is to all of his employees... Except managers. :p

Ebc5S.jpg

lol
I might check out that book, his Wikipedia page is already very interesting it's like a profile of a character from MGS.

Fady K

tumblr_m3po0yp7Ri1r30r4xo1_500.gif

I'm a pepsi man, so I would probably be a sinner in most people eyes here.

I, too, adore Pepsi! (See! I'm the same with soft drinks as I am with football clubs :p I love more than one :p)

Besides, how can I not adore a drink with this guy on it?

%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FSU1HLTIwMTIwNDIwLTA1MDYyLmpwZw%253D%253D%253F%253D-795996

More responses...

Guys, guys, guys! I saw TDKR last night.

It's.. It's glorious.

Seeing it again on Monday, ruddy loved it

The more I read posts like this, the happier I get about it. Can't wait to see it :)!

by the way, happy Ramadan to Muslim football fans in this thread! hope the fasts aren't too tough on you!

Thanks a lot Meadows :)!

Anyway, Torres love despite of his obvious flaws aside. I love me some Juan Mata.

Nice to see some Chelsea fans who love Torres as well. What are your thoughts on Marin btw? He's my big surprise thus far!

Arnie

He didn't look that good a few weeks ago. Extremely quick and skillful but tends to lose the ball and run into blind alleys quite a lot.

But he's highly rated at Barca isn't he? Must be something to him.

he's the best player in the world mate

Just popping to say as everyone has that The Dark Night Rises is fantastic! Everyone should go see it! And I am very glad I watched Batman Begins this morning or I may have got a little confused...

Fady K

Just popping to say as everyone has that The Dark Night Rises is fantastic! Everyone should go see it! And I am very glad I watched Batman Begins this morning or I may have got a little confused...

Awesome, more positive reviews :D!

PrematueQuiche! What are your thoughts on Marin??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom