• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pazzini is totally my fault guys. Check this out:

May 17th, 2012

fadetoblack said:
Pazzini is apparently looking a potential move out of Inter given Milito's newfound form, and the fact that Stram seems to favour Zarate over Pazzini anyways.

Curious to see where he goes. He's highly rated, albeit nowhere near the Cavani/RVP/Dzeko level that we seem to be targeting. Probably better than Matri as a poacher, although Matri is more mobile and can play with the ball at the edge of the box. Same with Quagliarella, who I still rate as our best striker at the moment in terms of pure class and quality.

But I would say that if Cavani and RVP fall through, Pazzini wouldn't be a bad option.

Yurt said:
Juve won't take Pazzini even if he was the last striker on earth. He said no once ;)

fadetoblack said:
When was this? Pre-Matri?

Also, you say this, but Borriello.

fadetoblack said:
Pazzini isn't a world class striker, of course, but if he can bag fifteen goals then what more can we ask for? In any case, if he links up with Giovinco we'll have a real flash back to Sampdoria with Pazzini's deadly partnership with Cassano.

I've been tuned into the Pazzini move for a while, fratelli. Chi è questo Di Marzio? I've also noticed how far I've turned on Quagliarella.

I'm sorry to say but the problem is Quagliarella. His best game, of his myriad of opportunities he had when Matri was benched, was against Napoli. Scored a rocket goal but, then, Napoli was already wounded and down two goals to nil. And then in our friendly he missed so many chances, whiffed a volley... god I don't even know. I like the guy but I don't think he can turn it around.

So, now, Pazzini. He's an improvement on Borriello and, I'm afraid to say, an improvement on Quagliarella. He proved when alongside a creative player the likes of Antonio Cassano that he can score many goals. Even without Cassano after that bizarre argument with Sampdoria's president, Pazzini basically kept the team afloat. Samp crashed out of Serie A without Pazzini.

He's clearly small time, but given service he's a good finisher and not bad in the air. He's more of a poacher than Matri. His problem at Inter was the absence of Sneijder's form when he played in front of him under Ranieri. He needs to play alongside a creative person, and with Pirlo, Giovinco, and Vidal, we're not lacking that. He's not the answer to our solution of a top quality striker, but he fills a gap that needs filling. We need players we can rely on to score in all competitions. I'd feel much more comfortable having Pazzini play a couple matches that Borriello would have played last season.

As I've said on Twitter, my hope for the next season is:
RVP -> Matri -> Pazzini/Destro (depending on formation; 4-3-3 Destro, 3-5-2 Pazzini alongside Giovinco/Vucinic)

If Quagliarella can't get it together then Yurt is right we need to stop being sentimental.

Quagliarella to Zenit = £12m = Destro + some money left over

How can we argue with that maths?

Hixx

Small bucket of sweet = ok
small bucket of salted = eh
large bucket of sweet = sickly will never get finished
large bucket of salted = alriiiiiiight

Clegg

I wish they still did buttered popcorn.

They don't sell it any of the cinemas I've been to.

It was absolutely delicious but oh so unhealthy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Fade

Di Marizio works for Sky Sport, and he's strangely reliable this year. :p

Pazzini is this season's Vucinic, he's not a 'top player', and he's also last season's Borriello, as in, he's going to compete with Matri for a spot, and we know how much Conte rates Matri. Just painful to watch really.

Yeah, Quagliarella for anything above 10 is too good to say no to at the moment.

RVP -> Matri -> Pazzini/Destro (depending on formation; 4-3-3 Destro, 3-5-2 Pazzini alongside Giovinco/Vucinic)

I keep forgetting Gio
BVGgg.gif
BVGgg.gif
BVGgg.gif
. That's a pretty hot lineup! But let's see how Matri reacts to Pazzini's arrival first.

15 goals/ 16 assists. It's your time Gio! <3

Sebastian-Giovinco1.jpg

Conte is going to bench him all season for not tracking back

Awesome, more positive reviews :D!

PrematueQuiche! What are your thoughts on Marin??

He has done miles better than I thought he was going to do and now if we don't bring in Hulk I still feel happy with Marin - Mata - Hazard. I just hope he does cross a little more and not just cut in and shoot all the time like Sturridge.

Zabojnik

fadetoblack making a lot of sense.

I ... don't know anymore. I have no fudging idea who would be best, who would be worst, who would work better with one formation or another, who would link up better with this or that striker. I just want it to be over. Jesus Christ, more than a month to go yet.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Need suggestions for the back of my new City shirt.

Nasri?
A reference to the title!

405093_385558248162198_221772257874132_1157044_351232491_n.jpg

Aguerooooooooo or Points - 89?
I ... don't know anymore. I have no fudging idea who would be best, who would be worst, who would work better with one formation or another, who would link up better with this or that striker. I just want it to be over. Jesus Christ, more than a month to go yet.

I stopped giving a fuck. Jovetic, RVP for 50 million, whatever.

Maybe that was Marotta's strategy, stalling till we all settle for whatever.

Clegg

Liverpool and Spurs are alert as Babel is said to be desperate to return to the Premier League, and is willing to take a cut from his £50,000-a-week wages to seal a switch [talkSPORT]

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Zabojnik

Di Marzio and others suggesting Juve and RVP have already come to terms regarding his salary, now there's only the small problem of convincing Arsenal to lower their transfer money expectations.

People are starting to believe on Juve forums. I'm getting flashbacks of a certain Aguero topic on TifosiBianconeri.com, 2000 pages strong ... for, in the end, nothing. Fuck it, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom