• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

you guys want to talk about hot chicks? I like them

tumblr_lk8r1f3chl1qd3o95o1_400.gif

jtb

Banned
Can't see Liverpool making top 4 next year, at all. Too many quality teams have to make major fuck ups for it to happen.

Feorax

Assuming we sign our most prominent transfer targets, and don't lose anyone else (unlikely), I see this as our best case scenario going into next season;

Strongest XI: Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Gerrard, Lucas, Allen; Suarez, Carroll(or new CF if he is sold), Dempsey.

Strongest Bench: Jones, Kelly, Robinson, Henderson, Aquillani, Borini, Pacheco.

Rotating in and out: Bellamy, Suso, Flanagan, Coates, Carragher, Sterling, Shelvey, Spearing, Adam, Gulacsi, Cole.

Too many unknowns with this squad though, and the BR element only adds to it.

EDIT: and to be fair, no one knows how batshit insane this season will be. Newcastle were supposed to be in the championship by now, remember? No way they would get near mid table after selling Carroll, Nolan and Barton.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Assuming we sign our most prominent transfer targets, and don't lose anyone else (unlikely), I see this as our best case scenario going into next season;

Strongest XI: Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Gerrard, Lucas, Allen; Suarez, Carroll(or new CF if he is sold), Dempsey.

Strongest Bench: Jones, Kelly, Robinson, Henderson, Aquillani, Borini, Pacheco.

Rotating in and out: Bellamy, Suso, Flanagan, Coates, Carragher, Sterling, Shelvey, Spearing, Adam, Gulacsi, Cole.

Too many unknowns with this squad though, and the BR element only adds to it.

The first XI is great, but it's the bench that gets you into that top 4. When players have got injuries, suspensions, or run out of steam, you need to have dependable players who can step in and get you results. None of the people on that bench can do that. I'd say you need a good 5 or 6 players to seriously compete with Arsenal and Spurs.

Also you forgot Downing.

Salvadora

The first XI is great, but it's the bench that gets you into that top 4. When players have got injuries, suspensions, or run out of steam, you need to have dependable players who can step in and get you results. None of the people on that bench can do that. I'd say you need a good 5 or 6 players to seriously compete with Arsenal and Spurs.

Also you forgot Downing.

With all Arsenal's injuries at times we can be weak as fuck as well. City had it easy last season in comparison with a lot of the top teams.
Edit: Rachel Bilson has to be one of the cutest girls around.

Scum

Also you forgot Downing.
...or did he...? :-V

Feorax

Also you forgot Downing.

Doesn't that just say it all.

I agree about the bench. The advantage it has though is those 7 players can fill all 11 positions.

You're right though, we will need to punch above our weight. I can think of at least 5 teams at top 4 level right now already, so getting in that mix would be an achievement.

Ushojax

With all Arsenal's injuries at times we can be weak as fuck as well. City had it easy last season in comparison with a lot of the top teams.
Edit: Rachel Bilson has to be one of the cutest girls around.

For sure, injuries are a problem and they were a problem with Spurs as well. But on paper, those two teams have the players. Liverpool don't. Even Liverpool's younger players are relatively unproven, whereas the North London sides have Chamberlain, Caulker, Naughton, Ramsey, players who've played at a high level already. I think Rodger's style of play will offset the weak squad somewhat, Dalglish had no idea what he was doing most of the time, but they have to sign senior players to really improve. Borini is a prospect but not what they need for top 4.

Hixx

Dunno whether to go to the friendly down Hartlepool tomorrow... was fucking shit last year - got told to sit down in a terrace! Only a fiver in tho...

Slizz

Something is wrong with her face

I know what it is.... Pretty weird of me to spot this, but it's her whole mouth. It's like off-center with her face. If you look at the tip of the nose and the middle of her upper lip you can kinda see.

Still hot, would bang.

Salvadora

For sure, injuries are a problem and they were a problem with Spurs as well. But on paper, those two teams have the players. Liverpool don't. Even Liverpool's younger players are relatively unproven, whereas the North London sides have Chamberlain, Caulker, Naughton, Ramsey, players who've played at a high level already. I think Rodger's style of play will offset the weak squad somewhat, Dalglish had no idea what he was doing most of the time, but they have to sign senior players to really improve. Borini is a prospect but not what they need for top 4.
Yeah you're right. Liverpool have a lot of work to do before they are near the level of any of the other top teams. This is something I fear about Arsenal. Losing our top players year after year and eventually becoming noncompetitive.

I started watching Suits last week, I'm on S01E03. She's really hot indeed.

The hottest woman on TV for me: Lauren Cohan
You have many great scenes to look forward to.

Something is wrong with her face
Oh no you didn't.

Ushojax

Apparently David Villa will play in the pre-season game against United :)

With him back they will be winning trophies next season. No way on earth would he have missed all those chances against Chelsea.

Arnie

So we've established that the first 11 is strong, but do you really see Chamberlain, Caulker and Naughton as more experienced than Henderson and Borini? Henderson's the player with the most appearances out of anyone born after 1990, and Borini's played a full season for Roma. Players like Kelly don't lack experience either, even if he's struggling to start ahead of England's number one right back. And Aquilani is a great player to have on the bench. I don't think our bench is that bad at all, and I certainly think it's better than Newcastles, would need you to post the Spurs bench to make my mind up about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom