• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fifa-12-steel-box-milan-ed-inter.jpg

I hope we get something like this in FIFA 13, incredibly cool.

I have faith in Skyfall. Obviously Bond directors don't have a whole lot of power, but I am a big big Sam Mendes fan. see, the secret about Marc Forster is that he's simply a shit director. even if it's just some 2nd tier director who's handling the action, at least Mendes is a guy who's big on visuals and hopefully won't have another 100-quick-takes-a-second-like-it's-the-Bourne-movies style shooting/editing of the action scenes.

This shit needs to stop.

Wilbur

Banned
Bond films are well overrated - like 3 actual good ones, a bunch of fun ones and then a load of shit ones. Skyfall looks mint though.

Another pearler from Leon Knight:

WEN he's fucking her I bet she moans like she's commentating Jenas to huddlestone who switches it to bent who slips thru DEFOE!! GOAL!!

ATF487

Never watched James Bond but I am fairly sure it sucks. Same goes for Lord of the rings.

This makes me feel good, my friends always give me shit for never seeing certain movies but at least I've seen a few from these franchises

One day I'll watch return of the king

Zabojnik

Conte will be back just in time for the Derby ;)

I like Aqua, he's decent. Not the most consistent player in the world and tends to fade a lot in games, but he's not a liability. I think he's one of their better midfielders and it isn't fair to offload him again.
his wife is hot dude

He didn't start for AC Milan because they didn't want to trigger his clause, no other reason really.

I don't know, he didn't impress me all that much when he was playing for Roma, where he was hiding in Totti's shadow more often than not. He's clearly talented, but as you've said, he tends to fade away a lot. It may not appear noticable at first and he has moments - even full matches - of sheer brilliance. Have him play a full season though, which is in itself a rarity, and you'll start noticing just how 'anoynmous' he can get. Frustratingly so. Maybe I expect(ed) too much from him, as I wasn't particularly impressed with his season with us either. Dunno, he's just not consistent enough for my taste.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
" Looking at expected Serie A XI's. Pescara went from being 'potential Cinderella story' to 'potential worst team in Serie A history' "

Y61tf.gif

Sage00

Once And Future Member
First Savage, now Windass! Another golden oldie offers to help out Rangers

Former Hull City hero Dean Windass has offered to play for Glasgow Rangers next season.

The 43-year-old, who played SPL football for Aberdeen nearly 20 years ago, says he is willing to come out of retirement to play for Rangers in the Scottish third division.

Former Wales international Robbie Savage has also offered his services for free to assist Rangers boss Ally McCoist who is looking for new recruits following his club's shock demotion to the lowest tier of Scottish football.

Windass, who has been treated for depression in the last six months after attempting suicide, retired three years ago and was briefly assistant manager at Darlington.

Last season he played for Scarborough Athletic in the Northern East Counties Premier Division.

He said: 'Rangers are still a massive club and I loved playing against them when I was in Scotland for Aberdeen, and always had a good time with the fans at Ibrox.

'The thought of playing for the club and helping them rebuild would be very exciting. I've kept myself in good shape and I know I could still handle playing at that level.'

And Sky are going to broadcast these games in the third division. This could be amazing/hilarious. :lol

Is the Torino fan talking shit? And you guy(s) are considering getting rid of Rolando Bianchi to Napoli? Haha you guys will be struggling for another year in Serie A.

I'll get the grill ready for you Toro. I like my steak on the rare side, so it shouldn't be too long before dinner. :D

I've watched about a season of it. I like it, but don't love it. IDK, I've never sat down and watched it. Usually I'll be doing something else while its on.

Messi doesn't have a twitter does he? Dammit. Let me send him an xbox live msg.

Maybe he was banned by his own request? Couldn't stand how ppl. just kept messing with his waifu.
But now that he's gone: Olivia Wilde's is jaw is so big, she could star as the shark in a Jaws sequel ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ^_^ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Fry

But now that he's gone: Olivia Wilde's is jaw is so big, she could star as the shark in a Jaws sequel ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ^_^ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

:lol :lol :lol :lol

MPW

watching raw 1000th show and seeing the old wwe stars made me realize more than ever how shitty the current roster is

great tag teams, TLC, tag team titles used to mean something, same goes for IC belt, wwe divas could actually wrestle, trish vs lita street fight, good stroylines

i miss the good old says :(

don't really care what happens in the next few wwe ppvs but looking forward to RR, rock vs punk (plz not cena)

Kranjcar slams Levy 'lies' over Modric

"I know that the chairman talked to [Modric] face to face last autumn," Kranjcar is quoted as saying in the Mirror. "He promised Luka he would let him go, and now he's condemning him.

"Levy did everything to protect the interest of the club and make a profit. He has also used lies to deceive the public, which is allowed in business, but if you were in Luka's shoes, you would probably do the same as him.

"To have an offer from Real Madrid is a once-in-a-career opportunity. I'd do anything to get to Santiago Bernabeu, playing for Real Madrid is the greatest privilege in any footballer's career, even if I prefer Barcelona. That's why I understand Luka."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...'-daniel-levy-'lies'-over-luka-modric?cc=5901

Kranjcar's a fucking idiot. The club accepts that Modric can leave. And now it's up to other clubs to meet the valuation of the player, which I'm sure PSG are willing to do. It's not up to us to lower the price just because he has an offer from Real Madrid. He promised the player he would let him go. He didn't promise him that he doesn't have to turn up to training, or that he will accept any price for a player with 4 years left to run on his contract. Stupid fuck.

jtb

Banned
http://goonertalk.com/2012/07/27/i-...ski-will-play-centrally-for-us-reveals-wenger

Podolski to play central? Maybe all is not lost and Wenger learned from his performances for Germany at the Euros. Giroud and Podolski up front gives us a potent attack.

even better, Wenger admitting that 4-4-2 exists. and that he might even potentially use Giroud and Podolski together in a functioning strike force! goddamn, we might even get some form out of Chamakh (or, hell, fucking Bendtner) should one of the two get injured... even if we don't buy any other players this summer (and it still sounds like there's hope the Cazorla deal might still be on, if for a higher price than 20m euros), this is very promising news.

edit: actually, if Wenger is seriously considering a 4-4-2 next season (and he fucking should be), then maybe Theo will be rewarded with games down the middle if he signs a new contract? Theo as a lone striker is disaster waiting to happen, but think he could be pretty potent with a more physical presence up front to, if nothing else, just knock the rebounds in.

Arnie

Kranjcar's a fucking idiot. The club accepts that Modric can leave. And now it's up to other clubs to meet the valuation of the player, which I'm sure PSG are willing to do. It's not up to us to lower the price just because he has an offer from Real Madrid. He promised the player he would let him go. He didn't promise him that he doesn't have to turn up to training, or that he will accept any price for a player with 4 years left to run on his contract. Stupid fuck.
Just read that on the Guardian, absolutely ridiculous. As if Levy should just allow Modric to piss about all summer, or accept a lowball bid from Madrid because of a promise last summer? What world are they living in. This is a business, where millions of pounds are at stake. Unbelievable really.

Speaking of unbelievable, and I'm about to go to bed so I'm sorry I can't divulge further, but United are fucked. Absolutely fucked. I haven't really delved too deep into this IPO business, but I just read a brief catchup and it seems like they're in a cul-de-sac as far as servicing this debt. The IPO looks like a disaster, they realise nobody wants to buy shares that amount to fuck all, and rightfully so.

The only way out of this is for the Glazers to sell up. The debt is growing, the IPO is pretty much dead in the water, and the Glazers cannot see that there isn't a way of retaining control and servicing the debt. Honestly their blind stubbornness reminds me exactly of Hicks and Gillette. It's like everyone can see that they must go, and that they're never going to make the club financially stable, but they don't care because they're blinded by money and their investment.

MPW

cadena ser: Real madrid will announce the signing with modric in the next few hours

hmm, anything over 30m pounds = madrid overpaid (hell i don't know if modric is worth even 30)

qindarka

Banned
Just read that on the Guardian, absolutely ridiculous. As if Levy should just allow Modric to piss about all summer, or accept a lowball bid from Madrid because of a promise last summer? What world are they living in. This is a business, where millions of pounds are at stake. Unbelievable really.

Speaking of unbelievable, and I'm about to go to bed so I'm sorry I can't divulge further, but United are fucked. Absolutely fucked. I haven't really delved too deep into this IPO business, but I just read a brief catchup and it seems like they're in a cul-de-sac as far as servicing this debt. The IPO looks like a disaster, they realise nobody wants to buy shares that amount to fuck all, and rightfully so.

The only way out of this is for the Glazers to sell up. The debt is growing, the IPO is pretty much dead in the water, and the Glazers cannot see that there isn't a way of retaining control and servicing the debt. Honestly their blind stubbornness reminds me exactly of Hicks and Gillette. It's like everyone can see that they must go, and that they're never going to make the club financially stable, but they don't care because they're blinded by money and their investment.

I hope a billionaire buys them and pours millions into signings.

neoanarch

I hope a billionaire buys them and pours millions into signings.

You should hope they become fan owned. Both Barca and Madrid are fan owned as well as most of the Bundesliga and I don't think i need to explain further. Why the brits keep wishing for a sugar daddy is perplexing.

Everton and United could come out of this mess if they simply sold to their fans. And not a silly pretend share either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom