• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhh, hearing people, especially a commentator that's been around as long as Ian Darke, talk about how Diaby will be a shoe-in to replace Song as our defensive midfielder is grating. Really? Have you ever seen him play? Him having a build like Vieira means absolutely nothing, he cannot sit back and he cannot tackle, as is evidenced by Arteta being our deepest lying midfielder today.

Clegg

Ughhh, hearing people, especially a commentator that's been around as long as Ian Darke, talk about how Diaby will be a shoe-in to replace Song as our defensive midfielder is grating. Really? Have you ever seen him play? Him having a build like Vieira means absolutely nothing, he cannot sit back and he cannot tackle, as is evidenced by Arteta being our deepest lying midfielder today.

Tbf, its been a long time since anyone has seen Diaby play.

Fulham 1-0 Norwich

untitled-4k2fi3.gif

As much as I like each player, with Gervinho, Walcott, and now Diaby all likely to be in the first team regularly this season, the number of times a player will clumsily stumble over the ball in a game will be astronomical.

Carbonox

Borini has been awful so far.

Borini is nothing but a prospect. He's not established, he's not top quality, he's not the real effing deal, etc. He's just Borini, the lad who could become big in the future. Not a kick at the Liverpool fans here but many seem to put him on a pedestal as the guy to help Liverpool in to the upper echelons of the Premier League. He ain't that player...yet. He did decent for Roma and Swansea though, given his age. So I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

We cant seem to get into the final 3rd at all. Tempo is too slow, and when Gervinho gets the ball on the flank, he seems too isolated. We don't look like scoring unfortunately.

At last, GAF working again. Missed the deadline to join the free FF league this week alas. Not that my squad is doing any good with Suarez missing sitters.... Need Pog the Log to score a half trick now.

On another note, this new Liverpool side looks entertaining enough even though it's early days, Suarez looked sharp so far except for his finishing as usual. Borini too subdued so far and Downing being Downing. Good to see Lucas back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom