• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Hope AVB doesn't get written off on the strength of one fantastic goal. The media are queuing up to slaughter him and I really want them to do well. I really like him and I'm not sure why.

jtb

Banned
i've never really been a fan of arteta. his passing is unremarkable; he lacks creativity, and he's not a great defensive midfielder either when it comes to running players down and interceptions.

he's a decent footballer, but there's needs to be more creativity behind cazorla to get it rolling.

His position will be under greatest threat if Sahin comes and Wilshere returns from injury. Good at slowing the pace down and absolutely vital in a side like Arsenal which relies on possession, but I think Sahin and Wilshere are much more dynamic in that role. Haivng said that, it's good to have a simple player who knows their role in the team like Arteta than one like Song who is all over the place.

Still need a DM though. Not convinced Diaby is a DM, let alone is capable of staying fit the entire season.

Arnie

Hope AVB doesn't get written off on the strength of one fantastic goal. The media are queuing up to slaughter him and I really want them to do well. I really like him and I'm not sure why.

Of course they won't.

But you do get a bit slurpy slurpy with him, though.

dc89

I really like AVB. He was never given the chance at Chelsea. I want to see him get Spurs back in the top 4, it would be glorious.

Fady is a AVB fan too, and whoever Fady likes, well we all should like.

dc89

Pardew getting hands on with the linesman. A player would be sent off for that, so should he.

Such incredible bullshit.

He spoke about a project. He spoke as if he and Roman sat down and discussed a project to transform Chelsea. Now either he was deluded, or he was bullshitted. I'll go with the latter as he seems a intelligent game.

How long did he last? 6 months? Is that enough time to revolutionise a team?

Newcastle 1-0 Tottenham

untitled-2ubfd8.gif

untitled-12ci49.gif

Fry

Thank god for Sunhi. I was in the kitchen.

What a class goal. Newcastle's strikers score the classiest goals of the PREM.

Half a season when in fifth place and with a not insurmountable defeat to Napoli isn't being given a chance? Come off it, please.

What's the score btw? 0-0?

Yes 0-0 at the break, terrible match.

That half season was enough to show that the team was only getting worse and worse under him and he managed to completely lose all the dressing room, even including the youngsters who were pissed at him. There was no turning that around. Way too stubborn and managed to have everyone hate him, not just the typical Chelsea bad apples people talk about.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that ESPN has lost the rights to La Liga here in the US has just sunk in. What a terrible decision by the league.

They went for the most money over viewers. I thought GolTV had the LA Liga rights previously but licensed the El Clasico out to ESPN. Only stuff I remember from that league was on ESPN3.

What is the point in sending off a a manager if he can still communicate with the bench?

Wilbur

Banned
Yes 0-0 at the break, terrible match.

That half season was enough to show that the team was only getting worse and worse under him and he managed to completely lose all the dressing room, even including the youngsters who were pissed at him. There was no turning that around. Way too stubborn and managed to have everyone hate him, not just the typical Chelsea bad apples people talk about.

I reckon he would have turned it around. Sturridge was pissed because he's Sturridge and an egotistical bastard. Lampard was pissed because he can't run anymore and was taking it out on someone else. Lukaku had a go and fair enough, he was wronged by AVB. But you don't bring him in and give him 6 months, it's ridiculous. He was fifth, and only a few points off fourth. Wouldn't have needed the ridiculous luck Di Matteo had to qualify for the Champions League considering Spurs' late season drop off I think.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I couldn't believe it myself, that they lost the rights.

They went for the most money over viewers. I thought GolTV had the LA Liga rights previously but licensed the El Clasico out to ESPN.

What is the point in sending off a a manager if he can still communicate with the bench?

goltv sub-licensed games to espn and they shared clasico broadcast.

I'm guessing that it's just a matter of time before beIn is widely available. Otherwise it's just stupid.

Pardew getting hands on with the linesman. A player would be sent off for that, so should he.

He spoke about a project. He spoke as if he and Roman sat down and discussed a project to transform Chelsea. Now either he was deluded, or he was bullshitted. I'll go with the latter as he seems a intelligent game.

How long did he last? 6 months? Is that enough time to revolutionise a team?

No but 6 months was apparently enough to piss off nearly every senior and youth player we've got. Cole, Lampard, Torres, Lukaku, Alex, Anelka, Cech and probably others who were less vocal about it. Seen other comments from youth players about him too.

It was a marathon not a sprint, yet he treated it like a sprint. We were never intending to replace everyone after 1 season. If anything his conduct probably let Roman down (re: players). He didn't help himself and he was given longer than Roman usually does before pulling the trigger.

It was a damn shame because I wanted him to succeed, he clearly had some good ideas, but they were never going to work with our squad and the way he implemented some of them seemed a bit prickish. I highly doubt we have an easy squad to work with but he didn't need to make those mistakes. Ultimately we got FA Cup and Champions Leagues medals out of it, with the way things were going I don't think we'd have got them during his "3 year project".

I reckon he would have turned it around. Sturridge was pissed because he's Sturridge and an egotistical bastard. Lampard was pissed because he can't run anymore and was taking it out on someone else. Lukaku had a go and fair enough, he was wronged by AVB. But you don't bring him in and give him 6 months, it's ridiculous. He was fifth, and only a few points off fourth. Wouldn't have needed the ridiculous luck Di Matteo had to qualify for the Champions League considering Spurs' late season drop off I think.

If you can see the team is only going one way, then yes, you only give him 6 months and realize you made a mistake. Don't think Di Matteo is the right man for the job either, but I feel a lot better with him and not some Portuguese with his head stuck up his own ass.

Berliner AK (4th division team) player Cakmak a few days before the match against Hoffenheim:
"There's no Hoffenheim player who's shirt is worth fighting for with team mates. It's not like they're Barcelona." Today he scored 2 goals against them in Berlin's 4-0 victory.

Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom