• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Gareth Bale has been popping up as a number 10 during this game.

IMO he should stick to the wing as he ain't a 10 at all.

Wilbur

Banned
Gareth Bale has been popping up as a number 10 during this game. IMO he should stick to the wing as he ain't a 10 at all.

Yeah he gets a bit big for his boots sometimes and hovers around the centre. He's so dangerous bursting past full backs, don't know why he doesn't stick to it.

Wilbur

Banned
What's up with Bale at #11? Did he switch numbers or something? Can anyone please clarify this for me?

no he stole someone's shirt and transferred the letters from his own name over theirs and no one noticed until now

of course he swapped numbers haha!

dc89

A few people on Twitter are in full muppet mode.

"De Rossi has checked into the Manchester Hilton hotel"

I hope it to be true, but I doubt it very much.

jtb

Banned
Dunno why Levy didn't take a swap deal for Sahin + Cash. Now they're just getting cash, and probably not a whole lot. Sahin would've been ready-made replacement for Modric, and he'd have enough money to strengthen other positions of the team. As it is, Spurs probably just going to go right back around and buy Moutinho with the Modric money? Not the best of deals.

edit: isn't Anita his last name?

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs are playing pretty terribly despite the 1 goal. Nothing really positive to take from this match frankly.

Been better than Newcastle up until the penalty I think, now they look a little deflated.

They'll not be able to replace him easily or cheaply. The whole situation remind's me a bit of Cesc to be honest.

Yep. Should go all out for Moutinho with the Modric money.

Someone please gif Pardew's celebration then.

untitled-9xyupq.gif

GIF that AVB dance of delight.

untitled-10mdu3t.gif

Sorry Wilbury, missed the header, wasn't paying attention.

GorillaJu

Okay...

So Bale was #3. Then #9. Now he's #11.

I think I understand. Am I missing anything, or do I have it all? This seems really important.

Dunno why Levy didn't take a swap deal for Sahin + Cash. Now they're just getting cash, and probably not a whole lot. Sahin would've been ready-made replacement for Modric, and he'd half enough money to strengthen other positions of the team. As it is, Spurs probably just going to go right back around and buy Moutinho with the Modric money? Not the best of deals.

because Sahin doesn't want to play for Spurs.

Fintan

Dunno why Levy didn't take a swap deal for Sahin + Cash. Now they're just getting cash, and probably not a whole lot. Sahin would've been ready-made replacement for Modric, and he'd half enough money to strengthen other positions of the team. As it is, Spurs probably just going to go right back around and buy Moutinho with the Modric money? Not the best of deals.

edit: isn't Anita his last name?

I remember reading that Sahin turned down Spurs, might be bollocks though.

Tottenham really are the biggest bottlers in the PL, aren't they?

Just finished reading John Crace's Vertigo, basically a diary of his experience as a Spurs fan when they made the CL and beat both Inter and Milan. It's just the story of schadenfreude, really.

Wilbur

Banned
Good win. A draw would have been fair I think but it was a stupid fucking foul in the first place for the penalty, so...

St James a hard place to come, don't think many teams will best Newcastle here.

And now I'm going out, and my 3G isn't working on my phone when I'm out the house, so catch you all later GAF

jtb

Banned
if Sahin turned down Spurs..... I really can't see how Liverpool can beat us to him. I hope.

Spurs were pretty poor today, but they did hit the post twice before scoring. If they get a striker + Modric replacement and Sandro and co. get back to fitness, they could be good. I can imagine they'll be a very serious threat to win the Europa League too.

Scum

Welcome back, EPL!

Scum said:
Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
Fulham 3-1 Norwich
QPR 1-2 Swansea
Reading 1-1 Stoke
West Brom 1-4 Liverpool
West Ham 2-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 2-1 Tottenham

I hate that I got the result right too. I bloody jinxed it! :-(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good performance from Spurs even though we lost. Add the players we need and we'll be fine. We had the better chances and lost due to an idiotic forwards challenge. On another day we would have scored 2 in the first half and Danny Simpson would have been sent off. The tactics were spot on, we just made two errors and they were punished.

Salvadora

What ever do you mean?

5NaJa.gif

Good performance from Spurs even though we lost. Add the players we need and we'll be fine. We had the better chances and lost due to an idiotic forwards challenge. On another day we would have scored 2 in the first half and Danny Simpson would have been sent off. The tactics were spot on, we just made two errors and they were punished.
That sounds a lot like what I'd write at the end of most Arsenal matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom