• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fuck this. We might have started with some reserves but a 1-1 against Brøndby at home is fucking embarrassing. Going to get spanked so badly against Lille.

Alucard

Banned
Arsenal has the talent to compete. Give these guys some time to develop some chemistry, and Podolski will make us forget about RVP. Wee. Optimism!

Go Gunners.

jtb

Banned
Thoughts on the Arsenal game today?

Cazorla was great. Diaby's not a good fit for the holding role, I think... still want M'Vila. And there was no incision; but plenty of chances to win the game. I think that's less "typical Arsenal," more just the players will take some time to get in tune with the three new acquisitions. Once it clicks and a player or two is brought in/returns from injury, there should be a very dynamic attacking force here. And dynamic is a word that I would never have used to describe Arsenal's play last season.

Meier

I can't imagine that Mancini misses on DDR for a 4th straight transfer window. With United signing RVP and City having a few significant injuries for the first month of the season, Marwood will understand he has to get him bought. Especially if Mancini wants to stick with the 3-5-2.

Noel Gallagher's HFB currently live at V: http://www.vfestival.com/. Stone Roses next.

NoRéN

I can't imagine that Mancini misses on DDR for a 4th straight transfer window. With United signing RVP and City having a few significant injuries for the first month of the season, Marwood will understand he has to get him bought. Especially if Mancini wants to stick with the 3-5-2.

Noel Gallaghe's HFB currently live at V: http://www.vfestival.com/. Stone Roses next.

Holy hell! Thanks for the link!

yT1Cx.jpg

Arsenal has the talent to compete. Give these guys some time to develop some chemistry, and Podolski will make us forget about RVP. Wee. Optimism!

Go Gunners.

This is what is said each season. But Arsenal will end up not winning anything and sell their best players by the end of the season again.

Fry

Well if Noel is on now, Stone Roses will probably be on in about an hour... so maybe 9:00ish GMT?

Can't miss it for the world.

Thanks a lot dude, had no idea V Festival was on. I was watching the 09 edition on TV these days.

Razor554

Alves: "Madrid fans don't like me? When Madrid wanted me, they thought different. Changed when I decided to join the best team in the world"
Alves: "Mourinho wants to be called 'The Only One'? Then Pep should be 'The Anti-Only One', or whatever you call the one who's better..."
tumblr_llz2gaJNEE1qa7wov.gif

Oh Alves, y u so beast

Hixx

Noel Gallaghe's HFB currently live at V: http://www.vfestival.com/. Stone Roses next.

lmao I remember idiots saying that NG "couldn't do" festivals/arenas. What a load of shit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is it not getting a tad late in the day for signing key first team players?

What I really mean is I'd be worried that you may be forced to stick with what you've got as selling clubs get more stubborn closer to the deadline.

It's always like this with us. Ade and Parker came in on deadline day. We are not a rich club and we have to wait until other teams have finished their business before we sign people, otherwise the players get pinched, like Oscar. AVB has said he wants another striker, a Modric replacement and we may get a keeper. Without them we created 11 chances to Newcastle's 3, two of which were defensive howlers.

AVB got the tactics perfect, I have never seen us so disciplined. Best thing about today was that JJ didn't play a single second.

Meier

lmao I remember idiots saying that NG "couldn't do" festivals/arenas. What a load of shit.

Fucking idiots. He sounds absolutely amazing live too.. the man is just the best thing to happen to British music since the Lennon and McCartney. No one comes close.

Noel Gallagher's HFB currently live at V: http://www.vfestival.com/. Stone Roses next.

Oooooo Stone Roses! Cheers.

Socreges

Banned
The Anti-Only One?.... Lost in translation?

Canadians: no more Liga for us. beIN Sport USA took the rights from GolTV. Apart from streams, there's now no way to follow La Liga. What a joke. Looks like I'll be getting into the EPL even more now.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla was fantastic today and there were encouraging signs with the amount of chances we created is a definite improvement on last season but finishing let us down. Giroud obviously fatigued and I'm not sure I like the idea of only playing Podolski up front.

Overall I was happy with the game but disappointed with the result.

Spurs and Liverpool both losing does make me happy though.

Salvadora

Cazorla was fantastic today and there were encouraging signs with the amount of chances we created is a definite improvement on last season but finishing let us down. Giroud obviously fatigued and I'm not sure I like the idea of only playing Podolski up front.

The guys who watch the Bundesliga tell me he's absolutely shit on the wing.

pappe

Spurs and Liverpool both losing does make me happy though.
Why is Giroud fatigued?

Ahaha, well fortunately for me, we met 9 years ago because she wore an oasis shirt to class and I went up and spoke to her afterwards due to it.

I guess that's a good reason to have a special spot for Oasis then! I'll just pretend you're fanatical about them because of that and not the music :p

Watching the V Stream, Noel is pretty good I must admit.

pappe

Podolski can't play as sole striker. He kept dropping deep and him and Cazorla tripped over each other a few times. It would be best to use him as a wide attacker drifting in.

FuturusX

Nice hit piece from The Guardian regarding Michael Owen's inability to find a club to match his immeasurable believe in his footballing talents...

There is no pleasure to take from seeing a footballer of Owen's achievements in this position, but the truth, unfortunately, is that it is not always easy to sympathise when there is also this lingering suspicion that, at some unspecified point, we are talking here about someone who has fallen out of love with football.

Owen, now 32, will always be revered as one of the more accomplished strikers England has ever produced but everything that is good is now spoken about in the past tense and the question here is whether it is his appetite for the sport, rather than his fitness or form, that is the issue and, if so, whether the people in his industry have simply cottoned on.

No footballer wants to be accused of lacking devotion but it is a valid question when there are people within Owen's circle who freely admit he wants to work because he needs money for his horse racing empire at Manor House Stables.

Owen's priority is to remain in the north-west, just as he once used to travel by helicopter to Newcastle United's training sessions. He has already stated that he would not consider dropping into the Championship, even though it would mean the chance to play regularly, injuries permitting. He was a bit-part player at Manchester United but said he preferred being at a big club to a mid-sized one even though it meant – and this is the bit that is not always easy to comprehend – no actual football on Saturday afternoon. He became a non‑playing football player, partly because of his injury issues but also because he could not get in the team on form. And here's the thing: he had no apparent issue with it]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/18/michael-owen-premier-league

Clegg

I thought everyone knew that Owen had more interest in horse racing than football.

He hasn't been that concerned about football for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom