• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you fucking kidding me, Ben Arfa doesn;t get any extra points for winning his penalty?

Forgot I had Dyer in my team

Final league members:

The_Hitcher89///Stark FC
PrematureQuiche///PrematureQuiche FC
Arnie///LSD Eindhoven
elseanio/// Sporting Lisbonjela
LegoArmo///BASED-in-Newcastle
BLSwagger10///Puff Puff Shoot
Joe///Holy Cannoli
Jeff Albertson///Jeff FC
Vivarazala///Vivalaraza
Awesome Animals///JTgate
choodi///Fatman United (choodi)
odd_morsel///Bacon of Hope FC
Freewheelin'///FreeWheelin FC
Spanish Wrath///Vuvuzela BRRRRFC
kharma45///Leave My Arcelona
Anderson///UnAthletic FC
Swance///Swance's Sexy Squad
WoodenLung///Voyeurs Young Boys
the walrus///TheWalrus
Kylehimself///kylehimself
WJD///WJD FC
PaulLFC///Racing AbbeyNational
Snoopen///Arse FC
Keio///FC Voitto
Wilbury///JTbury FC
Sage00///Crystal Phallus
dc89///DCFC
PantyPhantom///Lõs Meños Phãntom
bjaelke///Bench or dench

Good performance from Spurs even though we lost. Add the players we need and we'll be fine. We had the better chances and lost due to an idiotic forwards challenge. On another day we would have scored 2 in the first half and Danny Simpson would have been sent off. The tactics were spot on, we just made two errors and they were punished.

I think this is very optimistic. Your attacking play looked very disorganised. No shape to it. I felt the same with AVB's Chelsea side. You had possession in midfield because Newcastle purposefully back off. I didn't think you had too many great chances and the goal you did get was messy. Newcastle didn't look amazing but they have proven they take their chances when presented.

Also thought Bale looked average again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think this is very optimistic. Your attacking play looked very disorganised. No shape to it. I felt the same with AVB's Chelsea side. You had possession in midfield because Newcastle purposefully back off. I didn't think you had too many great chances and the goal you did get was messy. Newcastle didn't look amazing but they have proven they take their chances when presented.

Also thought Bale looked average again.

We had no creative CMs or senior strikers. This was an incomplete squad and barring two errors they were just fine. Newcastle didn't create any clear chances, both their goals were from defensive errors.

pappe

It seemed spurs lacked that sense of calm and just maintain possession. I am surprised I am saying this but I guess they missed Modric. I am surprised coz I never rated Modric much and Gylfi and Bale looked decent but I don't think I will be having sleepless nights regarding them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ba, all over my face. I assume Kyoufu has been made to eat some crow after wanting him gone?

Not the best performance but we weren't full strength and some of our players had just shaken off injuries. One thing I was disappointed with was our lack of composure on the ball, gave it away so many times in the first half. Sorted it out for the last 20 minutes and we were much stronger. Fantastic for Ba to get his goal, hopefully his confidence will rocket back up and him and Cisse can score together! Perfect start to the season.

dc89

Torres hattrick. Hazard with a goal too and then at last Mikel will finally score.

_62358349_62358346.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
Eh he didn't use gay in any bad way, not any different from when I say I would go gay for Nocerino or Kyoufu spills his man juice over Cavani.

Going gay for someone would be fine. But I read it as Santon is gay looking. I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but it's not our job to police, so I'm off it.

and Goodson scores. For fucks sake if there's any season we can't give them any points it's the one where they are fighting for relegation. Pathetic performance from us today.

FuturusX

I was wrong, Spurs losing didn't replace my disappointment in Liverpool. I need a draw from the Everton UTD game...yep that'll do it.

We had no creative CMs or senior strikers. This was an incomplete squad and barring two errors they were just fine. Newcastle didn't create any clear chances, both their goals were from defensive errors.

Is it not getting a tad late in the day for signing key first team players?

What I really mean is I'd be worried that you may be forced to stick with what you've got as selling clubs get more stubborn closer to the deadline.

Disappointing bar Cazorla is the consensus I think.

Cazorla = Bloody good
Everyone else = meh

I'm glad Wenger [in post match interview] picked up on the frightening lack of creativity. This is something that began after Cesc's departure, and one of the lesser mentioned problems of the season past and so I hope we resolve it. Very little combination play. But Giroud and Cazorla looked good.

I don't think Podolski got two touches in that entire game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom