• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabo

If we're getting Matri's 15m on deadline day, then no thanks
CuB7C.gif

qR6lB.jpg

Lose a good rb and striker for 20m Plus a shitcan rb who has no clue what he's doing? When do we sign the papers?

That's fine because I'd want Abate for RWB not RB. Just want his pace and crossing ability.

Do you really not rate him at all as a RB?

Edit: That's not true Yurt. We'll have Iaquinta!

Hold me :(

Jabo

That's fine because I'd want Abate for RWB not RB. Just want his pace and crossing ability.

Do you really not rate him at all as a RB?

WHAT?!!? I don't think I've ever seen a good Abate cross. He's pretty good defensively most of the time though that's for sure, but offensively? It's all dat pace over nothing.

"What use is this ridiculous amount of money now" :(

We'll be one striker short!
No Giovinco jokes please

Not when you sign that big Pazzini guy dohohohoho

Bumhead

Banned
So happy football is back. Quality away day yesterday followed by a day of being comatose on the sofa listening to 5 Live today.

Hoping for a City win today as I've got them on my last man standing. An Aguero rout would be nice for my fantasy team as well.

Manager

Since it hasn't been posted:
Cech; Ivanovic, David Luiz, Terry (c), Cole; Lampard, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Bertrand; Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Ferreira, Essien, Meireles, Oscar, Sturridge.

Al Habsi, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell, Di Santo, Maloney, Moses, McArthur, Boyce, Ramis, Figueroa

Shahed

Oscar will probably come on at some point as a sub as Chelsea have a double game week and Ramires is out sick at the moment.

It's okay. He can play the full 90 minutes for the this game and the next. Let him score some awesome goals.

Then give him a well deserved break against us on the 25th :p

It's okay. He can play the full 90 minutes for the this game and the next. Let him score some awesome goals.

Then give him a well deserved break against us on the 25th :p

He isn't starting.

Cech; Ivanovic, David Luiz, Terry ©, Cole; Lampard, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Bertrand; Torres.

WHAT?!!? I don't think I've ever seen a good Abate cross. He's pretty good defensively most of the time though that's for sure, but the offensively? It's all dat pace over nothing.

Not when you sign that big Pazzini guy dohohohoho

Have you not seen the Cassano-Pazzini swap rumours? I never thought I'd see the day ...

Milan, you're ruining Serie A's chance at winning back some respectability in Europe. :(

@BBCSport

BREAKING: Everton have signed forward Kevin Mirallas on a four-year deal from Olympiakos for a fee of about £6m.

Surprising signing from Everton, do they really need a support striker/wide forward? Mirallas is good enough in his good days but his form is kinda unpredictable. Granted he was stellar last season at Olympiakos. He was terrible before hand at Lille & Saint-Etienne.

Don't see him getting many games ahead of Jelavic but he might get to to play on the wings. Another signing for Belgian medias to bang on, they already renamed the league to "BPL".

Salazar

Errm... does Gary Neville show a resemblance to an infamous German dictator to anyone else?

I did for about a week a few years back. Was on the ground at indoor and I lunged at the ball, succeeding only in sliding my face along the surface. Gave me a graze in the precise shape of a Hitler moustache. Looked utterly ridiculous.

Jabo

Have you not seen the Cassano-Pazzini swap rumours? I never thought I'd see the day ...

Milan, you're ruining Serie A's chance at winning back some respectability in Europe. :(

Oh that's because Cassano is pissed off about what's happening in the club.

How is that our fault though? Inter are in this too. Besides everyone's selling.

Shahed

He was absolutely awful at first. Couldn't separate his personal bias at times and got loads of facts wrong. I remember when he said Newcastle's front line up was strong because of the two local lads of Ameobi and Best...

He's not good now, but he's improved and no where near as bad as he was. More professional.

Kyoufu

He was absolutely awful at first. Couldn't separate his personal bias at times and got loads of facts wrong. I remember when he said Newcastle's front line up was strong because of the two local lads of Ameobi and Best...

He's not good now, but he's improved and no where near as bad as he was. More professional.

what

He's only the best pundit on TV.

Alduin

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8000339/Bates-talks-of-potential-investors
Leeds United owner Ken Bates has insisted he is still in discussion with potential investors.

The Championship club revealed on June 26 that they had granted an exclusivity period to would-be investors, but issued a statement on August 10 confirming that period had ended with no deal being reached.

Subsequent reports suggested that no more takeover negotiations were going to take place, but Bates has now dismissed them.

"Suffice to say that the exclusivity period granted to the original would-be investor have now lapsed, but we are continuing talks with the same people," he wrote in his programme notes ahead of Saturday's season-opener with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

On the lack of public support and abuse he has received from Leeds supporters over the years, Bates wrote: "We have to get it right and public comment and chants doesn't help.

"They have discouraged two parties who didn't like what they saw or heard."

The takeover talks have been going on for almost 2 months now. It's making me go nuts.

Pachimari

I'm excited about the Chelsea match. Hope to see Oscar and Hazard. Who else they got? Marko Marin and Hazard's brother. Are they still in for a forward?

Shahed

I want Torres to score a few goals like. I've always liked him since back when he was at Madrid. It'd be nice to see him be the player he can be. How on earth he won the Golden Boot at the Euros though...

But at the same time I don't really want Wigan to get hammered. It's not that I like them or anything. It's just I like Martinez

Yeah Neville is really really good. I thought he would be really biased and troll lolerpool fans all the time but he hasn't and that's really impressed me.

Will be watching today:

Wigan - Chelsea
MASSIVE CLUB - Southampton
Real Madrid - Valencia
Barcelona - Real Sociedad

Oh that's because Cassano is pissed off about what's happening in the club.

How is that our fault though? Inter are in this too. Besides everyone's selling.

It really is Milan not because they sell but because you sell and don't replace with equal quality. What do you think Cassano is upset about?

Inter aren't selling. They brought in Mudingayi, Handanovic, Silvestre, Palacio, and Guarin. They got rid of Julio Cesar, Lucio, and will get rid of Maicon, all of whom are getting worse (Lucio included, Juventus player or not). And they didn't sign Zarate but lets face it he's not quality.

Juventus isn't selling. Roma are selling but replacing with equal or better quality. Udinese always sells but that's because they promote through youth. Fiorentina are being stubborn JTs on Jovetic, and are buying a great midfield. Fuck, even Parma has made decent, albeit small, moves: Rosi, Santacroce, Parolo, Biabiany, Amauri (LOL but he was decent for Parma, actually).

I think you guys will end up with a striker--either Pazzini or Borriello--and two midfielders--probably Kaka as the "marquee" signing, and I also expect Palombo to come over once he rescinds his Samp contract. They're decent signings, and in any case you'll do well enough for CL, but Milan's transfer campaign has been absolutely shit so far.

"[Falcao] would have finished it off with half a dozen blindfolds on."

"Like a happily married couple, Messi washes, Kun Aguero dries."

Pieter Brown: What was it like, playing for the Strikers in those days? I mean it had to be exciting, the heyday of the NASL.
Ray Hudson: You remember that movie 2001: A Space Odyssey?
Pieter Brown: Yeah
Ray Hudson: That's what it was like.

“He could make an onion cry.”

"Magisterial from the X-Man and, of course, automaton Iniesta."

"There’ll be cannons to the left of [Racing], cannons to the right, and cannons in front of them."
Ray Hudson, Real Madrid v. Racing, 18 Feb 2012

Manager

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8000339/Bates-talks-of-potential-investors

The takeover talks have been going on for almost 2 months now. It's making me go nuts.

Are you surprised? He's destroyed so many potential deals before. It's all about holding out the longest for money.

He's not stupid, Leeds has one of the best economies in the Championship after what he did during and after the administration ("fn' over" the debt holders). He knows he can hold out another year, he spends half his time in Monaco anyway so it's almost like vacation. Other people doing his work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom