• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

He makes an assload of money. I can't see it happening unless it's on a loan with City paying most of his wages.

I it would have to be one of those golden handshake type deals where city give him coin to leave. But if he wants to play week in week out he needs a move to somewhere.

dc89

xbPMB.png

"I want De Rossi please Mr al Mubarak"

FoPXe.png

"Is that what will keep you quiet and keep you from slagging off #basedmarwood?"

4eWvr.png

"Lets get on the phone then Roberto"

snoopen

As a big Arsenal fan i feel i'm going to be disappointed this season. I feel Cazorla was miles ahead of everyone else in yesterdays game, however he won't be able to carry us this season by himself. With Song gone as well, we really do need to buy more.

Salvadora

As a big Arsenal fan i feel i'm going to be disappointed this season. I feel Cazorla was miles ahead of everyone else in yesterdays game, however he won't be able to carry us this season by himself. With Song gone as well, we really do need to buy more.
Cazorla was really in a class of his own.

Then these players would be the first to go

Walcott - he isn't going to develop any further as a player
Santos
Mertersacker
Jenkinson
Diaby
Arshavin
Rosicky (too injury prone, bless him)
Podolski (would be given one more year I reckon)
Gervinho (one more year given)

And this is pretty much our first team, yet if we had the money, they'd all be replaced almost instantly. There is a lot of dead wood here. If we had an Arab owner buy us out a few seasons ago, we'd have Cesc, RVP and Nasri at the core of our side - surrounded by world class internationals (two even) for every position. I can tell you already we'd have the best side in the league. Am I right guys. Just typing that has left with me with a smile, my goodness, we are so deprived of good news that fan fiction is giving me joy

Lightning

Banned
Sahin coming in is going to give us a massive boost, he is class as well. I hope there is a buy clause but having him with us this season will give us a big boost.

All we really need after Sahin is a decent DM and I feel we have a competitive squad with some depth. I would so love a M'Vila signing. Would put us in good stead going forward.

Podolski's played one game and you've written him off already haha?

Podolski is under the bus already ?

Edit: Wilbury so sharp.

What I mean is that if the club had bigger name replacements lined up, then they would give these new signings a season to prove themselves. Podolski is a good player, but lets not kid ourselves and say he would have been on Sheikh Mansoor's wishlist.

What did the non-Arsenal fans think of Cazorla last night?

What I mean is that if the club had bigger name replacements lined up, then they would give these new signings a season to prove themselves. Podolski is a good player, but lets not kid ourselves and say he would have been on Sheikh Mansoor's wishlist

Do you believe that any of Man City's signings were viable targets for Arsenal?

Zabojnik

xbPMB.png

"Have you seen Wilbury's peen? It's this small, for Christ's sake."

4eWvr.png

"It's tragic Roberto, I know, but not even all our money can help him there ..."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol at how AVB slips in "we showed that we are the better side".

Barring two brainless defensive errors, I thought we played well. Our incomplete team played their first XI created the chances to win the game and stopped the threatening is in open play. I wouldn't say we were the better side, those errors were horrendous, but we set up well and looked a much more professional side than under Harry.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol at how AVB slips in "we showed that we are the better side".

Barring two brainless defensive errors, I thought we played well. Our incomplete team played their first XI and created the chances to win the game and stopped them threatening us in open play. I wouldn't say we were the better side, those errors were horrendous, but we set up well and looked a much more professional side than under Harry.

Kyoufu

My take on it is we played 4-4-2 in the first half and suffered as Spurs were dominant.

Then we switched to 4-3-3, our strongest formation in the second half and won the game.

I really hope to see the end of 4-4-2 but we have to please Ba so...bleh :(

Dibbz

Cazorla was really in a class of his own.

Yeah it was crazy. It was kinda like the days of having Cesc trying to pull the team through on his own. :( Hopefully Podolski and Giroud step up and help out. Getting Sahin would be worth it just so that Walcott could fuck off.

Getting Sagna back to get some good crosses in is also key. Jenkinson is a solid defender but sometimes his crosses miss by miles, although he did play a peach of a ball to Giroud.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Possible XI today: Giovinco, Vucinic; Asamoah, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Lich; Lucio, Bonucci, Barzagli; Storari. Overkill and too risky :/

Unconfirmed reports:

Bilbao president Josu Urrutia could travel to Italy on Monday or Tuesday.
We raised our offer to €18m.

Salvadora

Yeah it was crazy. It was kinda like the days of having Cesc trying to pull the team through on his own. :( Hopefully Podolski and Giroud step up and help out. Getting Sahin would be worth it just so that Walcott could fuck off.

Getting Sagna back to get some good crosses in is also key. Jenkinson is a solid defender but sometimes his crosses miss by miles, although he did play a peach of a ball to Giroud.

I just want to see Gervinho as far away as possible.

Lightning

Banned
Please tell me you're joking? Jenkinson is a horrible defender. He looked okay today only because we had 70% of the ball and Sunderland are offensively a joke. Against decent attacking teams Jenkinson is nothing but a headache. Sagna needs to remain fit for us to have any chance this season.

I really want Sahin but his arrival is unrelated go Gervinho and Walcott being in the team.

Wilbur

Banned
What I mean is that if the club had bigger name replacements lined up, then they would give these new signings a season to prove themselves. Podolski is a good player, but lets not kid ourselves and say he would have been on Sheikh Mansoor's wishlist.

What did the non-Arsenal fans think of Cazorla last night?

That's true, Podolski is no Jack Rodwell.

"Have you seen Wilbury's peen? It's this small, for Christ's sake."

"It's tragic Roberto, I know, but not even all our money can help him there ..."

I hope you win tonight you bastard.

Possible XI today: Giovinco, Vucinic; Asamoah, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Lich; Lucio, Bonucci, Barzagli; Storari. Overkill and too risky :/

Unconfirmed reports:

Bilbao president Josu Urrutia could travel to Italy on Monday or Tuesday.
We raised our offer to €18m.

Looks like Llorente is happening, then. They were looking for 20m, we offered 16m, 18m is the compromise. Hes like a taller Trez, perhaps a touch slower though.

And that lineup is too good. Play our youngsters ffs

Kyoufu

I have a bad feeling a rich club is going to buy one of our midfield players in the next 12 days.

Would be sad to see Tiote or Cabaye go :(

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt promised that he would be sent into exile, playing in front of some sheep and a local femme de nuit.

Yurt, account for this.

I've never told you I love your posting style, but I love your posting style. If I had written that sentence, it would have been:

Yurt said he'd fuck off to some shitty club where people fud animals.

Yurt, what the fuck.

snoopen

Jenkinson was left horribly exposed multiple times yesterday, he commits too much. We don't need a wing back on both sides, Jenkinson should be sitting back whilst Gibbs/Santos push up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom