• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt promised that he would be sent into exile, playing in front of some sheep and a local femme de nuit.

Yurt, account for this.
CristianPasquato-congratulated-MilosKrasic110726G300.jpg

Last year Pasquato (23) started most of our preseason games and now he's warming Bologna's bench :(

Mino won't allow Pogba to be 'co-owned' or benched for long that's for sure.

GorillaJu

"The fans played a big part (in me joining Liverpool)," Borini told FourFourTwo magazine. "When I was with Italy at Euro 2012, I was talking to Balotelli about England, and he told me that Liverpool had the most exciting fans to play in front of.

"He described it as a beautiful experience.

"I became aware that Brendan Rodgers wanted me, and once I got the official request I knew what to do. I spoke with Roma to discuss it and we came to an agreement."

Thanks Mario.

Salazar

Just been told (by a muppet) that he reckons United will line up

Lindegaard, Raf, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Kagawa, Waz, RVP.

Shinji out wide, he says.

Ferguson done fucked up on this one, gotta say.

Mino is a sinister force of nature. Frogson was out of his depth.

I've never told you I love your posting style, but I love your posting style. If I had written that sentence, it would have been:

Yurt said he'd fuck off to some shitty club where people fud animals.

Yurt, what the fuck.
He was the best player on the pitch in the 'Family Match' between the senior team and the kids.

Ferguson done fucked up on this one, gotta say.

GorillaJu

Just been told (by a muppet) that he reckons United will line up

Lindegaard, Raf, Vidic, Rio, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Kagawa, Waz, RVP.

Shinji out wide, he says.

Mino is a sinister force of nature. Frogson was out of his depth.

The Japanese newspapers seem to think that Kagawa will be played on the right wing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If he's really gunning for Pirlo's spot then I think he'll get a few games in the league and Coppa. We can't expect Pirlo to perform for 90 minutes in 40+ games.

If he's really gunning for Pirlo's spot then I think he'll get a few games in the league and Coppa.
Yeah, I don't think Juve could have signed him without making some level of promise about first-team action, since that's principally why he wanted to leave United. He is an incredibly rounded player, and he's going to learn from some of the best under a manager who will demand all his effort. I'm excited.

...which means we'll probably send him to Siena on a €1m co-ownership on deadline day.

GorillaJu

Just waiting for the line up to be confirmed but looking at Rickie Lambert 1st scorer saints 1-0. 200/1.

I'd love to see a good thrilling match but I think a goal fest in City/s favor is the most likely outcome today. I see Agüero and Tevez each getting at least one, and one for Yaya Toure as well.

Wes

venison crêpe
@BBCSport

BREAKING: Everton have signed forward Kevin Mirallas on a four-year deal from Olympiakos for a fee of about £6m.

Salazar

The Japanese newspapers seem to think that Kagawa will be played on the right wing.

Can't even bring myself to predict anything. I realise that, whatever the lineup ends up being, I will panic when it is announced and my mind will be overcome by an incoherent buzzing.

Dunno if Raf is right to play. Don't want Young to start. Sort of want Nani, Kagawa, and Valencia (advanced) on the pitch at the same time.

If he's really gunning for Pirlo's spot then I think he'll get a few games in the league and Coppa.

And I think he'd be the perfect player to do that. He's basically a more physical, defensive minded Pirlo. But that's good too. His presence in the midfield is staggering.

The Bilbao fans are giving Llorente shit but look he's been otherwise quiet unlike RVP. And this isn't a De Rossi figure who speaks at length about a one club future and emulating Totti. He's done amazing things for them but he's been at Bilbao more or less consistently since 1996. I can't blame the guy for wanting a change of scenery and the chance for Champions League.

And we can offer both a team that he will immediately become the focus of our attacks, and we have a chance to win some serious silverware domestically and, who knows, with him maybe in Europe. Or at least a chance at being a top 8 team in Europe.

I hope we sign the Lion King.

Zabojnik

I really like what little I saw of Pogba with the French U21 team and with us. The only thing that kind of concerns me is how - help me here - sluggish he seems to be in his movements sometimes. It's not really a problem, 'cause he uses his physique to defend the ball and he's got a pretty great technique for a player so big. It will be interesting to see how he manages under pressure when man-marked by the likes of Nocerino & such.

And I think he'd be the perfect player to do that. He's basically a more physical, defensive minded Pirlo. But that's good too. His presence in the midfield is staggering.
He's not actually that hardworking or fantastic at tackling, though, while he has the foot skills, flair, and shooting from range to play higher up the pitch than Pirlo. I think he's flexible enough to cover for any of the MVP midfield.

Wilbur

Banned
I really like what little I saw of Pogba with the French U21 team and with us. The only thing that kind of concerns me is how - help me here - sluggish he seems to be in his movements sometimes. It's not really a problem, 'cause he uses his physique to defend the ball and he's got a pretty great technique for a player so big. It will be interesting to see how he manages under pressure when man-marked by the likes of Nocerino & such.

I think it's more that he's languid as opposed to being slow; it just seems to be that he's got a lanky frame and pulling himself around takes a while. You're right that someone like Nocerino will certainly have a good game against him closing him down but with experience he's the type that will use his frame to his advantage, pull himself out of trouble. Van Persie does it a lot, he has quite a slow turning circle but he uses his arms and body exceptionally well.

3Sixty

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley

3 years ago yesterday #SaintsFC lost 1-0 away at Swindon, today we travel to the champions of England to kick off the @premierleague season.

Was at that game, we were shite, brings it all together.

Salvadora

Yes

I don't see why the pessimism in 2008 we didn't win our first 2 league matches. The season just started... No need for panic button yet.
I think some of the criticism leveled at some of our players is well warrented regardless of how many matches we've played so far. It was only Meus who was talking about wealthy Arabs.

dc89

I've got to make sure I catch the opening VT to Super Sunday.

I need to see the lions on that trophy roar triumphantly in The Etihad cause I'm massive.

Llorente isn't done yet. Though we seem legitimately in the best position to get him. Don't see him going to Spurs. He wants a step up from Bilbao, doesn't he?

15m for Matri? No, no, no. Why are we the only team who has to over pay for a striker when we're desperate? 20m and we have a deal, or Abate + 5m and we'll ship off Lichtsteiner to France for 15m if they're so desperate to win the Scudetto too.

qindarka

Banned
For all the talk about how Chelsea re overloading on attacking midfielders and wingers, we once again resort to using Bertrand on the left wing.

lol.

"Get this ridiculous amount of money out of my sight".

I'm with Yurt. It's a lot of money, yes, but I'd rather have the security of depth. Matri's solid, we're hurting up front, and there isn't anyone better available.

For 20m, though, he's yours. That's Jovetic money, baby :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom