• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabo

It really is Milan not because they sell but because you sell and don't replace with equal quality. What do you think Cassano is upset about?

Inter aren't selling. They brought in Mudingayi, Handanovic, Silvestre, Palacio, and Guarin. They got rid of Julio Cesar, Lucio, and will get rid of Maicon, all of whom are getting worse (Lucio included, Juventus player or not). And they didn't sign Zarate but lets face it he's not quality.

Juventus isn't selling. Roma are selling but replacing with equal or better quality. Udinese always sells but that's because they promote through youth. Fiorentina are being stubborn JTs on Jovetic, and are buying a great midfield. Fuck, even Parma has made decent, albeit small, moves: Rosi, Santacroce, Parolo, Biabiany, Amauri (LOL but he was decent for Parma, actually).

I think you guys will end up with a striker--either Pazzini or Borriello--and two midfielders--probably Kaka as the "marquee" signing, and I also expect Palombo to come over once he rescinds his Samp contract. They're decent signings, and in any case you'll do well enough for CL, but Milan's transfer campaign has been absolutely shit so far.

Oh no I meant they're in this as in the swap thing going on. We lost a lot but saying that Parma made decent signings over us is not fair at all, only decent guy they managed to get is Santacroce but he's smashed with injuries, ok and maybe Parolo.

If we end up getting back Kaka' and maybe signing Palombo for free, we'll end up with Zapata, Acerbi, Gabriel, Traoré, Constant and last but not least the best signing of the season IMO Montolivo FOR FREE. Not that great but def. not shit.

Sloosha

Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira. Turnbull and Ferreira.

No Kalou or Malouda. No Kalou or Malouda. No Kalou or Malouda. No Kalou or Malouda. No Kalou or Malouda. No Kalou or Malouda.

Let's go.

Manager

Chelsea's bench is amazing. :(

Most of them would start for Newcastle.

To be fair, wouldn't you say the same about United and City as well? Newcastle seem to lack depth a bit, but hopefully the new players can fix some of it.

Is Ameobi the main striker backup now?

qindarka

Banned
Last season, Wigan managed to overhaul a 1 goal to deficit to Chelsea at the DW. Wouldn't bet against a repeat. Wigan should have scored just before Ivanovic's goal, they missed an easy pass to a Wigan player free on the left.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Are you surprised? He's destroyed so many potential deals before. It's all about holding out the longest for money.

He's not stupid, Leeds has one of the best economies in the Championship after what he did during and after the administration ("fn' over" the debt holders). He knows he can hold out another year, he spends half his time in Monaco anyway so it's almost like vacation. Other people doing his work for him.

Must be said though, his position is increasingly untenable. There's genuine potential for another admin if he doesn't sell. Wasted a load of money we don't really have on the East Stand development.

Apparently we're in the end game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom