• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Why does Martinez still have a job?

Why does the Chairman not invest some money or something? Why are they like this every year?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
man I can't help but think japanese physical education school uniform when I see RM's new kit.

bud

i commend martinez for playing in such an attacking formation, but 4-3-3 would make more sense, especially since they're so vulnerable on the break.

i think they're playing pretty well, actually.

Alduin

Imagine how the people who actually have to talk to Ken Bates feel.

Yeah, must be really frustrating.

Are you surprised? He's destroyed so many potential deals before. It's all about holding out the longest for money.

He's not stupid, Leeds has one of the best economies in the Championship after what he did during and after the administration ("fn' over" the debt holders). He knows he can hold out another year, he spends half his time in Monaco anyway so it's almost like vacation. Other people doing his work for him.

Not really, of course. Bates is surely a tough guy to negotiate with. I guess he really 'need' a high amount of money.

Yeah exactly. The Square Ball have done some sterling work in finding out the actual situation.

We've got images of the guy from the ground incidentally, and word is it's an Al-Thani. Bought and wore a Leeds scarf. Family worth $85bn if it is him.

I imagine Bates dislikes the 'Bates Out' chants as it makes it more difficult for him to fleece him.

A0qDT_LCcAE0iLY.jpg

I was really excited when I read about how much the family was worth.

Chelsea fans sang WACCOE just now. Cheeky.

Oh, I thought the ball's position is what mattered.

Well I am not sure at all. Just always thought that as it's pretty impossible for linesmen to judge anyway when the ball is in the air like that.

Edit : Wigan has gone over to just tackling Hazard as quickly as they can.

Not actually sure but it's where the keeper is that counts, right? Cech was clearly inside the box at least.

http://i.minus.com/ihnGC3vRZFodt.gif[IMG]

All those quick counters. :D[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I don't think so. You surely couldn't lie down inside the box and slap the ball away as it rolled past the outside of the box.

Edit: Damn you and your edits Manager!

feel

Great to have club football back! :)

Not actually sure but it's where the keeper is that counts, right? Cech was clearly inside the box at least.

http://i.minus.com/ihnGC3vRZFodt.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
No, it's the ball position that counts, like in every other ball+line situation in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom