• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I really don't think Chelsea are that good.

They're like United in the sense that they need reinforcements in midfield but Chelsea need them even more than we do. They also need another good centre half.

Arnie

Chelsea haven't controlled this game, at all.

I really don't think Chelsea are that good.

They're like United in the sense that they need reinforcements in midfield but Chelsea need them even more than we do. They also need another good centre half.

They need to start playing Cahill, who is, in my opinion, their best defender.

Facism

Gold Member
If the buyout clause exists I'd imagine it's something Arsenal insisted on following Song's departure. It makes sense for them, and I can't envisage Sahin really going back to Madrid if they get Modric as well.

Yeh it's pretty weird. Initially, rumours said le Arse didn't want a loan unless there was a purchase option, something that Madrid weren't receptive to. Guess they're banking on modric now to perform and fill whatever boots they expect Sahin to, so a purchase option is more of a reality now than it was.

Arnie

Wigan's attacks have been more impressive overall. It's just the finishing that's getting them.
They're almost as wasteful as Liverpool.

Yeh it's pretty weird. Initially, rumours said le Arse didn't want a loan unless there was a purchase option, something that Madrid weren't receptive to. Guess they're banking on modric now to perform and fill whatever boots they expect Sahin to, so a purchase option is more of a reality now than it was.

Perhaps Sahin outright rejected the only other loan option, Liverpool, and Arsenal insisted on an option to buy. In that case, Madrid either accept Arsenal's terms or Sahin spends his season depreciating in both ability and value.

Soi-Fong

With the exception of the first 6 minutes, that was a pretty bad game considering Chelsea's team roster and such.

Wigan did better in the second half getting some attacks going.

Soi-Fong

I'm really hoping Southhampton don't get too hammered.

That's the last thing a promoted side needs. If you think about it, they must be freaking out so much having to face City in their first PL game.

Hindle

Banned
Wigan always doing it the hard way, I predict they will lose thier first 10 games then they will switch on all of a sudden.

Meier

Wigans time will be up this year without anyone to score their goals
Yep, they played well in the 30 mins or so I watched but they're in dire need of a young striker. Should be trying to get Guidetti on loan since Lukaku is done.

I would expect a 4-0 win for City as well. Maybe 5.

GorillaJu

Yep, they played well in the 30 mins or so I watched but they're in dire need of a young striker. Should be trying to get Guidetti on loan since Lukaku is done.

Guidetti will never make it in the prem IMO. Di Santo, Gomez and Moses are all much better than he is.

TrueBlue

3 points on the board, so I'm happy about that. Must do better overall. Invited too much pressure that'd have been too much if it was a better team. Torres was let down by the service, particularly that chance in the last few minutes. Passing on the whole was poor. Hazard and Oscar looked bright, especially the former.

Wigan did well, need to stop watching Liverpool to survive however.

Haha, he's got better with age. Still not amazing though. Rumours are we are back in for Butland. £8m

Buying a new keeper was the first thing I did in FM

Mjjg0.jpg

(and tried to kick that shitty dutchman out too ;) )

GQman2121

Banned
After the preseason we had, I'll take a clean sheet and 3points. Still need to do better with the ball and try to find Torres in stride and we're clearly shaky at the back. Reading will be interesting. Oscar needs to start.

qindarka

Banned
I thought Chelsea's defence was fine today. It was the midfield which I wanted to strangle for failing to keep posession. And Cech for his awful deliveries.

Happy with today's game. Good to start the season off with a win.

Decent performance from most players, Hazard and Oscar impressed me. Really looking forward to seeing more from Oscar, he looks special.

Quietly confident going forward from here. Definitely looked better than we did in pre-season.

Wait we are blaming Torres for a pass being ahead of him?
Yeah, I wasn't getting the criticism. The shot that was cleared was very unlucky. In fact, it was harder for Torres to get the shot away given that he was going on his ass, than it was for the defender to make the clearance.

The second effort the ball was played in front of him, nothing you can do about that. Oscars ball to Ivan for that cross was nice.

I have to say, I'm not worried about Torres. I think he'll be fine.

Meier

Well he is definitely being sold. Mancini doesn't want him.
Last night it sounded like Sunderland were in the pole position. Lots of apparent interest though, to be sure. Just need to get it done.

Edit: Guy on Fox Soccer just suggested Spurs were interested in Johnson as well. Hadn't heard them mentioned as an interested party before.

GorillaJu

Hahaha I fucking love Agüero

Clearly they were asked to describe the moment they won the league..

"Incredible"

"unbelievable"

"once in a lifetime event"

"wonderful"

Serio Agüero: "Happy"

hahahahaha... I hope he nets a hat trick tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom