• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

i'm sorry, but... this is hilariously depressing.

You're depressed?

We're a club that's been out of the Champions League for two seasons now, and we've also had a recent history of terrible moves in the transfer market. I'm glad we at least went for a top loan option, even if we didn't get it. The intent alone is promising; if a top player becomes available, we'll go for him, whereas a year ago we might've tried for the British equivalent, or two years ago the Norwegian one.

Manager

TEAM NEWS (CITY): Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Y Toure, Rodwell, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

Very offensively minded line-up that, not sure I've ever seen one like that in PL for City.

Oscar's movement off the ball is great. Always getting into space to look for the return pass. Shame a lot of our other players are so static.

We're going to have a problem with our midfield... We'll have 3 players behind Torres who like to move, pass and move etc but Lampard and Mikel who are happy to get the ball and stop it.

I don't think we can have two players like that in midfield it won't work and will create a disconnect. We need one player to do that (Lampard?) and someone else who will keep the ball moving. If Lampard can adapt a bit more to what Mikel does (the good stuff) then we should use him here with Ramires. Might be too attacking though...

3Sixty

#SaintsFC team vs Manchester City: Davis, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Puncheon, Guly, Rodriguez.

Manager

Davis, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox, Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Puncheon, Guly, Rodriguez.

Lambert out.

Subs:
Gazzaniga (GK), Lambert, S. Davis, Sharp, Richardson, Shaw, Seaborne.

Pachimari

Can't find anything about Kaká to Manchester and I refuse to believe Arsenal is close to Nuri Sahin with an option to buy. We won't loan him out with an option to buy, Mourinho have been very clear about this at the conferences, even at last night conference.

feel

impressive technique on that overhead, shame it didn't go in the right direction

moses is good on the one on one

Salvadora

Can't find anything about Kaká to Manchester and I refuse to believe Arsenal is close to Nuri Sahin with an option to buy. We won't loan him out with an option to buy, Mourinho have been very clear about this at the conferences, even at last night conference.

Reliable sources have said it exists but who knows.

ShogunX

David Ornstein of the BBC says Sahin to Arsenal is close. Season long loan, with a view to a permanent deal at the end. Very good for them, I'm just glad we tried.

Strange considering Mourinho in his press conference yesterday said that Madrid do not want to sell and Sahin will only be going on loan to gain confidence and playing time. You would think he knows better than anyone about what is happening with Sahin.

Arnie

If the buyout clause exists I'd imagine it's something Arsenal insisted on following Song's departure. It makes sense for them, and I can't envisage Sahin really going back to Madrid if they get Modric as well.

Strange considering Mourinho in his press conference yesterday said that Madrid do not want to sell and Sahin will only be going on loan to gain confidence and playing time. You would think he knows better than anyone about what is happening with Sahin.

Perhaps Ornstein's got his wires crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom