• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we were a victim of our own success in some ways. Very up for it at the start, scored the goal, then quickly scored a second and thought it would be easy, sat back and sucked up the Wigan pressure feeling that maybe the goals would just come.

Hopefully Oscar will shake things up a bit.

Torres...! :(

Clegg

I finally saw highlights of the Liverpool game and I see that Suarez hasn't improved his finishing. He really shoukd have had a hat trick. His two missed headers were especially shit.

He'll never be a great striker if he keeps bottling it in front of goal. Creativity isn't a problem, its the actual scoring of goals.

Kyoufu

I finally saw highlights of the Liverpool game and I see that Suarez hasn't improved his finishing. He really shoukd have had a hat trick. His two missed headers were especially shit.

He'll never be a great striker if he keeps bottling it in front of goal. Creativity isn't a problem, its the actual scoring of goals.

He should be a winger.

GorillaJu

He should be a winger.

Yep.

Arnie

It really is abysmal. We need another striker.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Thats why he always plays as a second striker in Uruguay

Arnie

David Ornstein of the BBC says Sahin to Arsenal is close. Season long loan, with a view to a permanent deal at the end. Very good for them, I'm just glad we tried.

Feorax

He's a bit like Gerrard was around 2005, being relied on to do more than he should, and I really think his game suffers as a result.

We need a proper number 10 to take some of the pressure off. Gerrard simply can't be relied upon to do that every week, as he proved yesterday. I would hope that if Sahin signs, thats how he would be played (he did that at Dortmund didn't he?)

On the subject of Sahin, it seems the English press are convinced he is going to Arsenal, and the Spanish press are convinced he's going to us. It'd be an interesting scenario if he did go to Arsenal, as I can't really imagine Mourinho losing a battle of wills like that.

GorillaJu

He's a bit like Gerrard was around 2005, being relied on to do more than he should, and I really think his game suffers as a result.

We need a proper number 10 to take some of the pressure off. Gerrard simply can't be relied upon to do that every week, as he proved yesterday. I would hope that if Sahin signs, thats how he would be played (he did that at Dortmund didn't he?)

On the subject of Sahin, it seems the English press are convinced he is going to Arsenal, and the Spanish press are convinced he's going to us. It'd be an interesting scenario if he did go to Arsenal, as I can't really imagine Mourinho losing a battle of wills like that.

Mourinho was quoted recently as saying the number one thing is making sure Sahin is happy. Sounds like Arsenal, to me.

David Ornstein of the BBC says Sahin to Arsenal is close. Season long loan, with a view to a permanent deal at the end. Very good for them, I'm just glad we tried.

I'm stunned that we got an option to buy. Nuri Sahin has the ability to be another Sneijder, another Cambiasso, another Eto'o, another...you get the point.

LTWheels

Thats why he always plays as a second striker in Uruguay

I thought that was the whole point of buying Borini as a finisher, but we seem to be playing him on the left instead of through the middle. I would have Suarez playing just off Borini.

Sloosha

Oscar's movement off the ball is great. Always getting into space to look for the return pass. Shame a lot of our other players are so static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom