• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

City will be fine this season, game should have been over by half-time, Silva was terrible and put City on the back foot. But they were still too powerful for Southampton. Which will be case for most teams.

Also refreshing to see UTD fans clinging to any morsel of hope already :)

Soi-Fong

Good job to both teams. Nice to have seen Southhampton not hanging back and actually attack a team like City.

Was much much better than the Chelsea game.

doicare

I'm trying to remember the last time Man City dropped points in the premier league because of a poor refereeing decision instead of the usual they get points they shouldn't have thanks to a poor refereeing decision.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City just love that 3-2 score line.

Great game. If Aguero is crocked the league is wide open.

panty

pIJR1.png

Arnie

Hmm, nothing to be frightened of unless Carragher plays. I'm petrified.

Coates was boss against Leverkusen, hope he plays alongside Skrtel.

Rodgers will have garnered a few positives from that, though.

It's annoying how the Real game isn't in HD on Sky. Looks so fuzzy compared to the City match.

Diablos54

What a game, Southampton gave it their all and deserved a point IMO. But City showed their class and pulled out the win. Great start to the season.

Meier

Game made me nervous. The defense was not particularly good and Hart clearly was not as good as he needs to be. I'm not feeling confident about going to Anfield at all now.

I'm not confident that Kun's "twisted knee" is only that.. I can't see him being out for anything less than a month though regardless. No way Dzeko moves at this point. The good thing is there is no way that Silva will be as bad as he was today consistently..

Hats off to Southampton, they played a great game and made the most of their chances. I think they've got a good chance to stay up.

Swance

Neo Member
Jesus. Wasn't expecting a repeat of the QPR match but we won and thats all the matters. Hopefully we'll be seeing Kun sooner rather than later.

RaGe_pt

City game was amazing! I was very impressed with Southampton. They have great players and I was actually rooting for them at the end :p.
Now we start the league in 10 mins :D. Benfica drawed against Braga yesterday at home. If we win today we start with 2 points ahead of them already which might be important. We play against Gil Vicent away, the only team that defeated us last year. It's going to be hard but we have to get the 3 points!

Fair dos but the message isn't the reason he was booked, it was for pulling his shirt over his head (you're allowed to pull it up though...). That's the silly rule.

Was Tevez booked when he scored?

Anyway good win, under great pressure. Largely our own making because it could have been 4 - 0 by the end of the second half, but it'll be a good game to get the rust out of the knees.

Speaking of knees, the real story will be the Aguero injury. Dzeko just received a lifeline, one that is deserved.

I'm trying to remember the last time Man City dropped points in the premier league because of a poor refereeing decision instead of the usual they get points they shouldn't have thanks to a poor refereeing decision.

January game against Sunderland. Ji was offside for the final second goal, so I guess that counts. That point was almost very decisive.

Was Tevez booked when he scored?

Haven't even seen his goal yet, I missed the first half. That was the rule Martin Tyler or another commentator explained last season though. Players are free to pull their shirt up, but as soon as they pull it over their head (which you'd need to do to take it off) it's a bookable offence.

Jabo

INTER WANT 10M ON TOP OF CASSANO TO COMPLETE THE PAZZINI SWAP?!!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA?!!?!?!?

feel

Madrid shirt is not necessarily bad looking, but it's a huge downgrade compared to last year's. Still better than Barcelona's shirt last year and this year combined.

panty

Madrid shirt is not necessarily bad looking, but it's a huge downgrade compared to last year's. Still better than Barcelona's shirt last year and this year combined.

I hated the new shirt when it was announced but it's actually pretty sweet. It looks much more sophisticated than the golden one.

Agreed. This year's kit is good, but last year's kits (especially the away kit) were pure sex. I dunno what Nike was thinking when they designed the Barca kits for this year. Two-tone, eww.

rodvik

I just realized that I will be not able to watch La Liga and Series A matches here in the US. What the fuck is this shit? Why is not espndeportes, goltv and fox not showing anything? Is this temporary? I'm so fucking mad right now that I'm about to kill somebody. Fuck Aljazeera and fuck all this bullshit goddammit.

What?? Is that right? I am mad. La Liga IS ray Hudson.

Coates was boss against Leverkusen, hope he plays alongside Skrtel.

Rodgers will have garnered a few positives from that, though.

It's annoying how the Real game isn't in HD on Sky. Looks so fuzzy compared to the City match.

Judging purely from yesterday's quad selection, I'm not sure Rodgers has the bollocks to put Carragher below Coates, even though the only reason for it not to happen is a fear of the vocal minority who can't handle the fact that Carragher is utter dirge these days

doicare

January game against Sunderland. Ji was offside for the final second goal, so I guess that counts. That point was almost very decisive.
Right then so 8 months ago, thought it'd been a while. Usually these things balance themselves out over the course of a season, it didn't last year with Man City so maybe it's their turn this year. (not holding my breath)

Arnie

Fucking :lol at the three attempts for Higuain. Poor, poor defending from Valencia.

Judging purely from yesterday's quad selection, I'm not sure Rodgers has the bollocks to put Carragher below Coates, even though the only reason for it not to happen is a fear of the vocal minority who can't handle the fact that Carragher is utter dirge these days

After he saw Carragher get buggered by Lukaku, I think he might. Carragher really shouldn't be playing against the best team in the league; wouldn't be surprised if he started against Hearts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom