• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I just realized that I will be not able to watch La Liga and Series A matches here in the US. What the fuck is this shit? Why is not espndeportes, goltv and fox not showing anything? Is this temporary? I'm so fucking mad right now that I'm about to kill somebody. Fuck Aljazeera and fuck all this bullshit goddammit.

Just have to hope the cable companies/operators sign deals with them. :( I'm sure they'll sub-license stuff out because there's too much money on the table.

Jabo

Cassano left Milanello and is currently in Genoa with his family waiting for things to finalize wtih Inter.

K he's pretty much gone. fuck my life

Lightning

Banned
Looks like Xabi Alonso and Mourniho have failed to convince Sahin to join Liverpool, he just doesn't want to go there. Fantastic news for Arsenal.

Can't wait for this to be announced and hopefully the option to buy is there.

Feorax

Judging purely from yesterday's quad selection, I'm not sure Rodgers has the bollocks to put Carragher below Coates, even though the only reason for it not to happen is a fear of the vocal minority who can't handle the fact that Carragher is utter dirge these days

At least Carragher can still play 90 minutes. Im extremely concerned that Joe Cole now appears to have hit a point where he can't last more than a quarter of an hour without coughing up his lungs or getting injured.

Dissapointed, I really wanted him to play a part this season. Now I'm desperately hoping he doesn't.

panty

Looks like Xabi Alonso and Mourniho have failed to convince Sahin to join Liverpool, he just doesn't want to go there. Fantastic news for Arsenal.

He saw the game yesterday and finally witnessed the true form of lolerspool.

Meier

Thanks for all the support in this thread btw, Im sure most of it was just City hating but i still appreciate it.

You guys played very well. I was impressed by Puncheon.. seemed like he was always involved. Lambert is going to be this year's Grant Holt. I had him in my fantasy team but swapped him out.. definitely will look to add him as the year progresses.

FSC guys think Kun is definitely out 4-6 weeks but Eric Wynalda is thinking it probably was an ACL/MCL type injury. :( I'm inclined to agree.. any time your foot is planted and your knee twists like that, it's almost a no-brainer that's what happened.

Fucking :lol at the three attempts for Higuain. Poor, poor defending from Valencia.

After he saw Carragher get buggered by Lukaku, I think he might. Carragher really shouldn't be playing against the best team in the league; wouldn't be surprised if he started against Hearts though.

Not sure really. The thing is, any of our defenders would get knocked over by Lukaku aside from Enrique, but none of the others are stupid enough to put themselves in a position where they can be knocked over like a skittle without even making him break stride. Rafa should have made him third choice in 2009's pre-season. Indicative of the club since 2009 that we had to wait for him to get injured in January(?) last season for the manager to realise that he's not good enough to be our first-choice, and I only hope it doesn't take so long for Rodgers to realise that he's not good enough to be third-choice either

panty

He probably saw the games yesterday and decided to stay where he is.

WG8zw.gif

FuturusX

Good for him. CL football alone should have made it an automatic choice. I appreciate Xabi going to bat for us though. I miss him.

ATF487

Only caught the second half of the city/saints game but it was fantastic. Shame that Southampton didn't get a point out of it

at least Ricky Lambert celebrate(d)

dc89

Mancini on Aguero injury: "We don't know at the moment. We will have to wait maybe two days for the results. We hope it's not serious"

Feorax

Which is why I think another striker is key over everything else. Possibly another RB given Kelly's performance yesterday (we should move him into CB now I think, he'll really struggle in this system) and an attacking midfielder as well, but a Striker above all others.

Wes

venison crêpe
Some TalkSport muppet (they're all muppets) says on twitter he's heard murmurings of Carroll going to Villa (I'm presuming on a lon).

Arnie

Which is why I think another striker is key over everything else. Possibly another RB given Kelly's performance yesterday (we should move him into CB now I think, he'll really struggle in this system) and an attacking midfielder as well, but a Striker above all others.
Someone who could dual as a wingback on either side would be ideal. You read that post about the wing back situation on TAW? It's a goodun.
Some TalkSport muppet (they're all muppets) says on twitter he's heard murmurings of Carroll going to Villa (I'm presuming on a lon).
There's a rumour that he left in a private car yesterday, and didn't board the team bus (with an accompanying photo). Makes sense that he'd drive from West Brom to Villa. Would be a great signing for you, I feel. Lambert likes a strong focal point, Holt style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom