• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Llorente's agent says a PL switch is possible and that one Manchester team and one London team are interested. Hopefully Aguero is OK so they don't need to buy him.

Llorente getting on the end of Bale's crosses...

But if we're offloading Dzeko to anyone he will be replaced.

What's this about Spurs going for Dzeko because Ade is a greedy idiot?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What's this about Spurs going for Dzeko because Ade is a greedy idiot?

It's nonsense. All the papers are saying Ade is going to be a Spurs player this week, the financial spat with City is over.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague: The loan deal Arsenal have agreed with Real Madrid for Sahin doesn't include the possibility of keeping the player. Wenger has spoken to him

Transfer muppetry at its best. He is coming, he isnt coming. He is going LFC, he is going Arsenal, no wait, he is going Milan. Arsenal have option to buy, now they don't.

As they say, until its on Arsenal.com..

Still think Sahin is an Arsenal player hehe.

pappe

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague: The loan deal Arsenal have agreed with Real Madrid for Sahin doesn't include the possibility of keeping the player. Wenger has spoken to him

Transfer muppetry at its best. He is coming, he isnt coming. He is going LFC, he is going Arsenal, no wait, he is going Milan. Arsenal have option to buy, now they don't.

would be absolutely hilarious if Milan come in at the last moment and scooped him up. Arsenal and Liverpool will be made to look like such fools. Again.

dc89

"Really couldn't be arsed correcting everyone that calls me Joey. Not as precious to demand that people call me Joe. Just remember..."

"...if you call me Joey when we meet. I will instantly in my head be thinking, "What a f*cking bellend this cat is!" FYI #callmewhatuwant"

Is Barton off his rocker?

Feorax

I suspect even if there were issues with the Sahin to Arsenal deal, we made our last ditch attempt last week, and we've probably moved on to other targets by now.

At least I hope we have.

1.) Kawaga is terrifying, Vidic is back and in top form.
2.) SAF should have worried about buying more defenders.
3.) RVP cant be judged on a bit appearance, clearly not up to speed yet. Really he shouldnt have been subbed on, he was essentially a wasted player.
4.) Everton narrowly won that game. If I was a ManU fan I wouldnt worry too much yet.
5.) Everton looked great, they play us on Saturday, we should start worrying now.
6.) Anderson, pies.

I lol'ed at that one.

Still pretty pissed about last night's performance. wtf happened? Jesus :(

GorillaJu

I suspect even if there were issues with the Sahin to Arsenal deal, we made our last ditch attempt last week, and we've probably moved on to other targets by now.

At least I hope we have.

I'm clueless as to who we're looking at but allegedly 1 or 2 more will be coming in. Probably looking to offload Adam, Spearing or Carroll first.

mil6es

I'm clueless as to who we're looking at but allegedly 1 or 2 more will be coming in. Probably looking to offload Adam, Spearing or Carroll first.

That's the sticking Point with me, it's gonna be pretty tough to unload Adam and Carroll, funny thing is I see spearing being the easiest to find a buyer for.

Salazar

I can respect the prowess of Fellaini, even if I think there's quite a nasty side to his game.

(Should have been booked. There were a couple of straight up hacks).

But Jelavic is a knobhead.

madmackem

We (sunderland) have been linked with moves for rose and jenas (not sure if want) and dempsey this morning, looks like the window is starting to hot up.

Feorax

If I had to guess, I'd say the two we are looking to bring in are Adam Johnson and Jack Butland. Seem to be the two we are most heavily linked with.

I can respect the prowess of Fellaini, even if I think there's quite a nasty side to his game.

(Should have been booked. There were a couple of straight up hacks).

But Jelavic is a knobhead.

That tackle from Scholes evened up the ledger, though. Neither team left that game with any sort of moral high-ground.

GorillaJu

If I had to guess, I'd say the two we are looking to bring in are Adam Johnson and Jack Butland. Seem to be the two we are most heavily linked with.

Jack Butland I can see. There's every chance we'll lose Pepe in the next few years and Butland is an exceptional talent.

Johnson, no please. Too expensive, too lazy.

"For the moment, there are three offers. There is no agreement. We enter negotiations this week and hope to find a solution," Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi told RMC.

"I think that it will be done by the end of this week or the beginning of next.

"It's a complicated project with clubs who are not even internally agreed [Tottenham], and clubs that Yann does not want to go to [Zenit].

"There is even a percentage chance that Yann could stay at Rennes this year.

"Arsenal? Maybe, you'll have to call Arsene [Wenger]. But when Song leaves, we must say that Arsenal will reinforce that post. Same thing for a club that sells to Arsenal.

"We maintain our price tag of around €20m [£15.7m]."

Yann M'Vila for £15 million. Wtf Fergie.

So we (Zenit) have offered 10 million for Arshavin. I assume Arsenal will take that and run. Welcome back fatty. I'm glad I was too lazy to change my avatar.

Sooo....

David Ornstein - Nuri Sahin loan virtually done with option to buy
Jamie Sanderson - Nuri Sahin loan done with Arsenal having first option
Guillem Balague - Nuri Sahin loan done with no option to buy/first option
Guardian/The Times - Nuri Sahin deal stalls
DarrenArsenal1 - Nuri Sahin photoshoot done (yesterday)

*sigh* Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Kozak

Banned
Predictions for tomorrow's champions league:

Spartak Moscow 2 v Fenerbahce 1
Borussia Monchengladbach 1 v Dynamo Kiev 1
FC Basel 2 v CFR Cluj-Napoca 0
FC Copenhagen 1 v Lille 2 (Sorry WoodenLung)
Helsingborg 0 v Celtic 2

I usually always cheer for Russian teams in Europe but for Spartak I make a special exception. Fuck Myaso.

Spartak v Fenerbahce has a good chance of being a high scoring game. We're playing our sub -keeper who may as well be a 2nd reserve...

"It's a complicated project with clubs who are not even internally agreed [Tottenham], and clubs that Yann does not want to go to [Zenit].
:( Oh well, I wouldn't say that d-mid is our highest priority.

Spartak v Fenerbahce has a good chance of being a high scoring game. We're playing our sub -keeper who may as well be a 2nd reserve...

And Spartak has a shit defense. But what they do have is Brazilians.

I think that Fenerbahce is a slightly better team but Spartak has an advantage in that they are already five games into their season. Should be a fun match.

Ushojax

We (sunderland) have been linked with moves for rose and jenas (not sure if want) and dempsey this morning, looks like the window is starting to hot up.

tumblr_m914kaF4TQ1qbkin0o1_400.gif

Kozak

Banned
And Spartak has a shit defense. But what they do have is Brazilians.

I think that Fenerbahce is a slightly better team but Spartak has an advantage in that they are already five games into their season. Should be a fun match.

Yeah the 5 games is going to help them a lot. Our pre-season was incredibly poor and we haven't been able to pick ourselves up yet.

I have hope in our wingers though! Hopefully Krasic will be able to start.

Wessiej

Spartak-fans here? Will De Zeeuw play? Maybe going to watch that match.

I just HOPE that Kyiv and Braga will lose, it will be glorious

Ushojax

I like AVB much more in the casual clothes.

Hmm, his whole demeanor on match day was very reassuring to me. He was relaxed, smiling and confident, the training gear was a good idea. When he was at Chelsea he seemed like an uptight wanker even before things went to shit.

Yeah the 5 games is going to help them a lot. Our pre-season was incredibly poor and we haven't been able to pick ourselves up yet.

I have hope in our wingers though! Hopefully Krasic will be able to start.
I woudn't put that much hope in Krasic. Krasic is a one-trick pony. Although it's a great trick, since he played in Russia for 7 years everyone knows hows to handle him. And although I don't follow Seria A very closely I think it happened to him there too.
Spartak-fans here? Will De Zeeuw play? Maybe going to watch that match.

I just HOPE that Kyiv and Braga will lose, it will be glorious

I'm no Spartak fan but I can tell you he's been a regular for them this season so he is likely to play. And why do you want Kyiv and Braga to lose? Higher seeding for the group stage?

Wessiej

I woudn't put that much hope in Krasic. Krasic is a one-trick pony. Although it's a great trick since he played in Russia for 7 years everyone knows hows to handle him. And although I don't follow Seria A very closely I think it happened to him there too.

I'm no Spartak fan but I can tell you he's been a regular for them this season so he is likely to play. And why do you want Kyiv and Braga to lose? Higher seeding for the group stage?

Jup if they lose we are in pot 2, otherwise 3.

Salazar

He's a beast on FM, never seen him play in RL though

Mmm. I really don't mind stockpiling CBs.

Fucking Evra belatedly trundling out to put some pressure on (too fucking late) his man. Play your fucking position or get the fuck off. Nobody expects your pace to increase as you get older. But you're supposed to know what to do by now. And loitering by your CBs is not it.

Clegg

I don't agree with those saying that United need a new CB. We have five already but for of them are injured. Its an unfortunate situation but we shouldn't be trying to buy our way out of the problem. Midfield is a much more pressing concern.

Gay Jacob is saying that QPR are in talks with Zouma but United are favourites to sign him. How can United be favourites then?

choodi

Banned

I am sure that will make for some interesting songs about fishbowls from the crowd at St James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom