• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

With the current squad it wouldn't make any difference. zero points is zero points.

simpsons-haha.jpg

btw; I'm now nr. 516 in the gilette pro ranking. Doing pretty goooood!

Tell me all the stories about PSV and the CL.

Ouch. I made one pretty knee-jerk transfer already this week. I might make one more before the weekend.

I had to because the changes I made last week weren't saved, and Agüero's injury has been a pain in the ass.

I balanced my forwards and my defenders, plus the Spanish midfield with Silva, Michu, Mata and Cazorla.

pappe

I had to because the changes I made last week weren't saved, and Agüero's injury has been a pain in the ass.

I balanced my forwards and my defenders, plus the Spanish midfield with Silva, Michu, Mata and Cazorla.

I have the same midfield. Didnt even notice they were all Spanish until u mentioned it just now.

Embracing the Pazzo!

image.php

tumblr_m92r5xzGxY1r7zj7v.gif

I think Pazzini is a good striker. I just hope for your sake he gets the service he needs to be effective. I think he would've done better as a sub in front of Pirlo and playing alongside Giovinco (a very Cassano-like player, forming a Sampdoria style partnership). But I can't blame Inter for making the deal rather than Quagliarella. Cassano is quality, without question. Although this is bound to cause them some headaches in terms of starting 11. Who plays? Cassano or Sneijder? Where does Coutinho go? etc.

Really? Has the Eredivisie gotten that weak?

No it's really not and Apoel does not have that great a squad at all, their star is a Copenhagen reject ffs. The reason they got that far was a bit of luck (everyone in the group messing up and just luck in the matches) and then a great home stadium where every team gets a bit intimidated.

Jabo

image.php

tumblr_m92r5xzGxY1r7zj7v.gif

I think Pazzini is a good striker. I just hope for your sake he gets the service he needs to be effective. I think he would've done better as a sub in front of Pirlo and playing alongside Giovinco (a very Cassano-like player, forming a Sampdoria style partnership). But I can't blame Inter for making the deal rather than Quagliarella. Cassano is quality, without question. Although this is bound to cause them some headaches in terms of starting 11. Who plays? Cassano or Sneijder? Where does Coutinho go? etc.

With Robinho, Boateng, Montolivo and
Kaka
behind him I don't think he's going to have any trouble. Thinking about this again, I think this was a good deal. We needed a striker and there was no good cheap option except LOLRRIELLO maybe? I still think we should have made an offer to Fiorentina to get Jovetic by including Cassano but NO MONIES.

Sappy113

I don't agree with those saying that United need a new CB. We have five already but for of them are injured. Its an unfortunate situation but we shouldn't be trying to buy our way out of the problem. Midfield is a much more pressing concern.

Gay Jacob is saying that QPR are in talks with Zouma but United are favourites to sign him. How can United be favourites then?

The mere presence of an interest might be enough to persuade him from signing with QPR until United have had their say?

Guy is young, though, would be a wise move to already start grooming him now. Rio is pretty much shot, Vidic ain't getting any younger either. Few years down the line, might be Jones-Zouma at CB, would be good to have them together for some time before that.

No it's really not and Apoel does not have that great a squad at all, their star is a Copenhagen reject ffs. The reason they got that far was a bit of luck (everyone in the group messing up and just luck in the matches) and then a great home stadium where every team gets a bit intimidated.
That's why I asked. Zenit was in that group and I remember APOEL being real shitty, having like 25% posession and 2 shots a game.
Hahahaha really? Anzhi will slaughter them just like they did with Vitesse.

I think AZ is going to win. 1-1 in Russia, 2-0 at home. My guess.

Wow you guys just never agree on anything, huh?

confuziz

Banned
That's why I asked. Zenit was in that group and I remember APOEL being real shitty, having like 25% posession and 2 shots a game.

Wow you guys just never agree on anything, huh?

If I could, I would put €5000,- on Anzhi winning. Seriously. It's frickin Eto'o for god's sake. We (Eredivisie clubs) can't even defend properly against Eredivisie strikers, let alone a top class striker like him.

If I could, I would put €5000,- on Anzhi winning. Seriously.

Would you still if you knew that Eto'o and Boussoufa were hurt and didn't play in their last game(coincidently against us). Or is your faith in the Guus that strong?

We (Eredivisie clubs) can't even defend properly against Eredivisie strikers, let alone a top class striker like him.
Well that is true, I mean even Bulykin managed to score 20 goals in the Eredivisie.

confuziz

Banned
Would you still if you knew that Eto'o and Boussoufa were hurt and didn't play in their last game(coincidently against us). Or is your faith in the Guus that strong?

That...does change some things. I didn't know about their injuries. I still think they will win easily though, if Samba plays.

kharma45

I don't agree with those saying that United need a new CB. We have five already but for of them are injured. Its an unfortunate situation but we shouldn't be trying to buy our way out of the problem. Midfield is a much more pressing concern.

Gay Jacob is saying that QPR are in talks with Zouma but United are favourites to sign him. How can United be favourites then?

I think we do, realistically this could well be Ferdinand's last year.

So, Pazzini just had his medical and he's going to sign his contract this afternoon. I don't know why, but the thing that scares me is that he could be another Huntelaar, an objectively good player that may not fit perfectly with our wingers (it's the other way around, actually. The day when Antonini will pull a perfect cross will be glorious). I think that now Kakà would be welcome, he could really help our strikers.

What Cassano said and did the past month has been really disappointing, I knew he could be a JT when he wanted to (and fit that role flawlessly), just not like this. I still don't see how going to Inter is such a big change from Milan, especially considering how they managed to almost be out of any european league last May.

Adebayor's twitter timeline over the last day has been so funny.

Zouma huh. He's like the best ever defender on FM so why not. Maybe he can play DM too.

That...does change some things. I didn't know about their injuries. I still think they will win easily though, if Samba plays.

See that's the thing about Anzhi, they pretty much only have a starting 11 worth of decent players and then nothing. They have zero squad depth. The likes of Lakhiyalov, Tagirbekov, Mukhammad and Agalarov wouldn't even be good enough for most Russian First Division sides. But because they are local Mahachkala boys they get playing time.

Anderson

Just checked GAF bet league and despite having 2 strikers who didn't score and 2 Liverpool defenders, I'm 7th. Thank you Based-Fellaini

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Not a single player from my squad. Dang.

Big night of Championship footy tonight. I fucking love working at the stadium.

GorillaJu

I had Michu, Petric, Ivan and Yaya.

I already took out Agüero for Rooney, though what I do next I'm really not sure. I dont see a reason to drop Suarez, Mata, or Yaya – all of them got into dangerous positions and were constant threats in their games.

Probably Ivan -> Baines, since despite being a defender Baines also provides attacking cover for Everton as well as spot kicks and direct FKs.

Need to get rid of at least one Chelsea player for GW3 when they have a blank.

Mata, Suarez, and Santi Cazorla all had tame weeks in terms of points but they were extremely threatening and it into dangerous positions constantly. Think they'll be worth holding onto but my trigger is on the finger with Suarez (to Tevez) and Mata (to Sigurdsson or Bale)

The one player I must absolutely find room for is Nasri. He's 8.5 but I think he's undervalued. Hell easily perform up to te same standard as Mata, Bale and Silva, who are 9.5 and 10(!)

GorillaJu

United won't sign him.

I'm going to start doing this with Liverpool transfer targets. That way when it doesn't happen I can say "I told you so, fuckers" and if it does then everyone will be too elated to care who the dissenters were.

It worked for you and RVP!

dc89

90 minutes to go until we're humiliated in pulic by De Rossi

On the plus side. I think City and Swansea have agreed a fee for Sinclair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom