• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

That's a decent amount you've spent so far.

The £10m for Johnson is obviously based on the rumor, but it came from the Independent who has been really spot on with Liverpool transfer news this year.

But I agree, it's a rather good-sized investment and probably comes in large part due to the monster increase in commercial revenue from the new sponsorships. It's the kind of spending you'd be hopeful for, even at a CL club (minus those with sugar daddy owners).

On a normal year and starting from a deeper squad, it wouldn't be unfeasible to buy two truly top class players at £20m and £30m, or 25/25, etc.

Though I am concerned that the spending will decrease when stadium work (eventually) begins.

Hopefully with way more regular first team action, it will help curb any attitude of Johnson. Good player, but don't know if he's worth spending our last £10 on. We need a finisher more than anything else.

I agree that we need to look at our goalscoring problems, but I don't think we need to buy an out-and-out goalscorer. I think when you play 4-3-3 you look for contributions from all four front players for goals. Unfortunately Downing and Gerrard aren't contributing at all with goals and that will be what needs to change.

Apparently Assaidi is a competent No. 10, so he could be an interesting addition as we could play an attacking quartet of Johnson Borini Suarez Assaidi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"De Rossi: The Decision. 15 mins to his press conference"

Marcotti is really hyping this up isn't he.

De Rossi: I'm going to take my talents to the blue side of Manchester.

james_300_060115.jpg

3Sixty

Any of you Newcastle fans live in the city? I'm coming up for the Saints game in Feb and would love to buy you all a treble rum and coke in Sinners for £2.

pappe

It would be absolutely crazy if De Rossi is available and United and Arsenal with all their midfield problems just stand on the sidelines and see him go to City .

choodi

Banned
Any of you Newcastle fans live in the city? I'm coming up for the Saints game in Feb and would love to buy you all a treble rum and coke in Sinners for £2.

I live in Australia, but you're welcome to by me a scotch if you are ever in Brisbane.

pappe

Who would City go after now? Are we really gonna see a transfer window where City sign no first team player?

Rodlol does not count.

Stubo

He's staying?? What's the point of a press conference then ugh.
Media for their website article.

Though it would be good to watch him play in our league I'm glad he's not strengthening City. Despite Mancini's lies his squad is more than complete already.

dc89

So City tried in January and they didn't get him.
Tried again this summer. Didn't get him.

We won't be going back a third time surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom