• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

dc, you've been getting more and more salty as the transfer window progresses.

Has #basedmarwood let you down?

Yeah massively. I looked out the PR office window before and it looked like he was packing his desk up into cardboard boxes.

I downloaded some unofficial transfer update for FM12 and Buttner was at Southampton when I started up. He's shit though and I think Luke Shaw is going to be the permanent option there now in second season despite only being 17

GorillaJu

is surprisingly not on the cover.

I'm sure EA has a firm grip on his image rights. Konami really can't get jack shit - the one thing they do own is the J-League. I'm sure EA would love to have J-League in Fifa, being that it's one of the world's major up and coming leagues now.

It's dawned on me that Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell are the only signings we may end up with this summer.

Fuck me I'd sign a contract that had me doing Wilbury's anus-fondling duties for a year if it meant Liverpool could have Agüero. You won the title last year and you don't need any real improvements to your squad. Little tweaks are all City need to retain their dominance.

Wilbur

Banned
I downloaded some unofficial transfer update for FM12 and Buttner was at Southampton when I started up. He's shit though and I think Luke Shaw is going to be the permanent option there now in second season despite only being 17

I downloaded it too but haven't started a new game yet. Gone back to my Sutton United save. First season won the Blue Square South, second season promoted in the playoffs, then came 20th and 18th respectively in my two seasons in League 2 with only 19 players and no money.

Shit is fucking hard. I don't think I'll ever get promoted.

Fuck me I'd sign a contract that had me doing Wilbury's anus-fondling duties for a year if it meant Liverpool could have Agüero. You won the title last year and you don't need any real improvements to your squad. Little tweaks are all City need to retain their dominance.

tumblr_m320i1suV01rr0stzo2_400.gif

bud

I watched the first half of Barcelona vs Madrid in that game on Youtube (8-17-2011) last night. I feel spoiled.

download barcelona vs. madrid 11-29-'09. that one's legendary.

never has a team played so beautifully as barcelona did in that match.

Copenhagen bought some Belgian dude called Igor Vetokele... Yah? At this point I am just happy with any signings.

I downloaded it too but haven't started a new game yet. Gone back to my Sutton United save. First season won the Blue Square South, second season promoted in the playoffs, then came 20th and 18th respectively in my two seasons in League 2 with only 19 players and no money.

Shit is fucking hard. I don't think I'll ever get promoted.

Yeah taking a club like that to the top level is where the challenge is at, going to do that with FM13 again but really can't bother right now. Was in the CL finale with Notts County a few years back but Barca won... On a own goal. :(

Clegg

It's dawned on me that Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell are the only signings we may end up with this summer.

Its not like you need anyone else.

And besides, the only 2 obtainable targets you had were Hazard and RVP. Teams miss out on players all the time. City were never going to sign De Rossi or Agger. Both are too loyal to their clubs.

qindarka

Banned
Speaking of that, the amount of bitterness on Bluemoon regarding Hazard is amazing. City are the only other top club I have not yet developed an animosity towards, going to that site could easily change that.

02static

Neo Member
Is Ivan Strinic any good? Reckon he had a decent tournament at the Euros but didn't see much of Croatia.

A big no. As a matter of fact he's terrible. The only reason Bilic played him is cause the guy had no competition there (Pranjic perhaps but Bilic wasn't a fan) as Croatia hasn't had a decent talent at LB for like a decade now. Strinic is like a placeholder; the epitome of average.

dc89

Mancini is in London according to many people.

City do have offices in London. Is he trying to salvage the transfer window?

Brøndby
Liverpool
Barca
Inter
Juve
Napoli
Schalke
Celtic

Wish all those team would just die.

Salvage... Sometimes I wonder if you are serious, you got a great squad (good enough to win the league) and already made a promising purchase.

qindarka

Banned
I wasn't exactly intending my post to be an invitation to list teams we hate.

Seriously though, when reading Bluemoon, the thought that comes into my head is "Who the hell do these guys think they are". Such a sickening sense of entitlement. Not to pick on City fans, I am sure fans of any other club would behave similarly in the same situation.

It also makes me wonder how badly Chelsea fans must have behaved back in 2004 or so.

GorillaJu

I only have animosity for United, but I don't have a problem with most of the fans here. You guys are all cool and know more about football than I do, so I enjoy the discussions, even when you're being dickhead trolls.

But on the whole, I've met quite a few Brits in Japan and come to some conclusions.

I went out for one of my friend's birthday parties and there was this one English dude, really homely looking, had terrible style with his Supreme baseball cap, oversized printed t-shirt, shaved head and gangly teeth. There was a fucking gorgeous little Japanese girl there all the guys were desperate to get a word in with but she was only interested in talking to me, and the English dude kept pestering me "what did she say?" "what did you ask her?" because we were speaking in Japanese. I just wanted to tell him to fuck off, he had 0 chance (she was taken already, anyway) and to stop leaning in so close because his BO was horrifying.

I made a pretty un-classy decision in delivering the birthday boy, a huge Milan fan, the bad news that Ibra and Thiago Silva had been sold to PSG. He nearly teared up and said "How could you possibly tell me this on my birthday?" Horrible thing to do, I regret it to this day.

Anyway, the British guy says, "Oh you guys are football fans? Idn't that rare for Americans? I'm a massive Manchester United fan." I just nodded and grinned.

operon

I'd join you if it made a difference

Wilbur

Banned
I only have animosity for United, but I don't have a problem with most of the fans here. You guys are all cool and know more about football than I do, so I enjoy the discussions, even when you're being dickhead trolls.

Same here; love most of you Liverpool fans here, but just be aware I want your club to burn in the fires of hell <3

@Yurt

Juventus’ hopes of landing Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente seem dead after the players’ agent spoke to the English press.

The Bianconeri, desperate for a lead striker ahead of dual campaigns in Serie A and the Champions League, have been heavily linked with the forward dubbed 'The Lion King' in recent weeks.

However Llorente's representative Arino Bajo has now made it clear that his client's likeliest destination is the Premier League.

"Tomorrow Llorente will speak about his destination,” Bajo informed The Telegraph.

“It is very, very possible he will decide to go to the Premier League. I don’t know the club at the moment but there are two interested. One is in London, and one is in Manchester.”

Bajo refused to specify the identity of those suitors but Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City are the favourites to sign the Spain international.

Dzeko
Aguero
Higuain
Robin Van Persie
Jovetic
Pazzini
Llorente
Dzeko (2)
Damiao

You have four strikers that would walk into the Juventus side, arguably five. We would take any of them off your hands. We can't convince a single top striker at any club in Europe that it's worth joining the team that just won the Italian league without losing. Stop whining.

qindarka

Banned
Apparently Marca edited some photos and changed some car plate numbers to show that Modric was in Madrid when he was actually in Zagreb.

If true, how pathetic can you get. It's not as if they can speed up the transfer by doing this.

confuziz

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's a real laugh;

Former City director Garry Cook has revealed City accidentally made an offer for Barcelona's Messi in the summer of 2009.

After they had failed getting Berbatov/Torres, Cook said the following on the phone (speaking with the investors) : 'It's all getting messy'. Investors translated this as 'get Messi'. The 30 million offer got rejected Barcelona shortly after.

LOL

Conte has confirmed we have somebody lined up, but its just disappointing that the player we always seem to be targeting slips away. It's possible it's still Llorente but more than anything I just want it to be somebody useful.

Clubs I adore: Juventus.
Other clubs I follow: Norwich, Palermo, Pro Vercelli.
Clubs I am fond of, but of which I would not consider myself a fan: Athletic, Everton, Fulham, Notts County, Swansea, Udinese, West Ham.
Clubs that were once or are still rivals, but for which I have grudging respect: AC Milan, Manchester United, Real Madrid.
Clubs I find irritating, if not exactly contemptible: Chelsea, Genoa, Man City, PSG, Torino.
Clubs for which I have a growing dislike: Napoli, Zemen's Roma.
Clubs I despise: Fiorentina, Inter Milan, Lazio.

Salvadora

"The manager played me as a second striker, with the freedom that I like to have," said Cazorla. "It’s a position I really like, and it's not one I’ve played in much in recent years, but I will play there without problems.

"It felt really good making my debut," he added. "Of course, it was not the result any of us wanted - we wanted to start the season by winning in front of our own fans, but we had chances and we did well.

"It’s a long season, so we can build on this. I had one chance and so did a few of my colleagues and that was the key to the game. We had complete control of the match but that final step just eluded us."

"Every day I’m becoming more used to [my team-mates] and I'm enjoying myself more," he said. "The Club have done a lot to help me settle in the team and to make it easy for me to get used to life in the city. Every day is a little bit better and I feel a little more comfortable.

"Here in England there is a faster rhythm to the game, a higher tempo. In Spain games are more cautious, more tactical. Here there is more tempo, more to-ing and fro-ing, but I like it."

And Cazorla insists that his height will be no obstacle to success in the Premier League. "It’s overstated, the idea that smaller, technical players can’t do well here," he said.

"We have powerful players in Spain, too. Being tall isn’t what makes you a good footballer and I don’t think that’s the defining factor in English football at all."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cazorla-i-can-play-with-freedom-here
Can't wait to see him again, Even if it is against Stoke.

Meier

On the plus side, there is not necessarily a huge NEED for further signings.. but as a fan that's not very fun. :( It sounds like there is maybe some legs to the Jojo speculation and City may go after the young CB (Matija Nastasi&#263;) on Fiorentina as well.

#Believe

Adebayor related in all likelihood?

I THINK you guys are gonna end up with Dzeko.
which will make me a sad panda
I think for this to happen, Tottenham will have to get one of Llorente or Adebayor, City will have to get Jovetic, and Aguero's injury will have to be less than a month.

At which point, Chelsea or PSG will outbid us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom