• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Rossi said he is immensely impressed with Bradley after seeing him in training every day.

And I completely agree with Paolo Bandini ->
De Rossi says that this press conference was intended purely as a normal pre-season one. He never intended it to be about #mcf

For starters, it's not like Roma are paying him in grissini. And the success he achieves in Rome will mean much more to him.

Amazing how many people cannot get heads around the idea that a player would rather stay at the club they love rather than take the money

A lot suggesting they're just too jaded to expect loyalty now. I get that. But some City fans on here almost offended he didn't take dime!

dc89

xbPMB.png

"You promised me my dream signing, you promised me De Rossi."

FoPXe.png

"We offered him all the riches of Abu Dhabi, Roberto. But he is a loyal man, what more can I do?"

4eWvr.png

"We need to move on. Come this way, Scott's arrived he wants to meet you."

Mastadon

Banned
xbPMB.png

"You promised me my dream signing, you promised me De Rossi."

FoPXe.png

"We offered him all the riches of Abu Dhabi, Roberto. But he is a loyal man, what more can I do?"

4eWvr.png

"We need to move on. Come this way, Scott's arrived he wants to meet you."

:lol :lol

I think he has the biggest salary in Italy? Don't think he would make much more in England, don't remember what kind of taxes they have in Italy.
He was born in Rome. He has always played in Rome. He has made 281 appearance for Roma over more than a decade, and none for any other professional club. He is the vice-captain of the club he loves, and will be captain when Totti, who is 36 next month, retires. When Mancini rang and asked him if he wanted to end up like Totti, he probably though, "Yes." Because Totti is close to sainthood in the city he loves, and will never be forgotten by the Roma tifosi. Man City have nothing to offer him but silverware, and he already won a World Cup.

Evra's shit so I hope Buttner is better than him.

Heard some stuff about dodgy agents being involved here. Sounds like Frogson. Anyone know the story?

Manager

He was born in Rome. He has always played in Rome. He has made 281 appearance for Roma over more than a decade, and none for any other professional club. He is the vice-captain of the club he loves, and will be captain when Totti, who is 36 next month, retires. When Mancini rang and asked him if he wanted to end up like Totti, he probably though, "Yes." Because Totti is close to sainthood in the city he loves, and will never be forgotten by the Roma tifosi. Man City have nothing to offer him but silverware, and he already won a World Cup.

Obviously we all know what he means to Rome. Re the World Cup, he was banned for like four matches (missed whole playoffs except final) and didn't start the final either. He played little part in that. In City he had the chance to be one of the most important players.

But as I said, I'm not sure it would be much value for money in the kind of rates the press was talking about.

3Sixty

Heard some stuff about dodgy agents being involved here. Sounds like Frogson. Anyone know the story?

He was due to move to Saints, deal was agreed (Less money btw), contract was agree, player talked us up, deal was canceled.

All that came out at the time was a 3rd party had demanded a slice of the pie, turned out it was his dad demanded some of the transfer money from Vitesse, who told him to jog on, then tried to get it from us, told him to jog on and the move was dead.

United have reportedly paid ~1m Euros more than we were, so i guess his dad is taken care of.

He only would have blocked Luke Shaw's development anyway!

Arnie

Between De Rossi and Agger, this transfer window has been heart warming. Players not wanting to just sell out, take the cash, and sacrifice their club in the pursuit of silverware. It's also nice how both have rebuffed City in particular, proving once again that money can't buy you everything.
In City he had the chance to be one of the most important players.
'Important' is completely subjective, though.

Why would he want to be one of many highly paid, glory hunting pros at Manchester City, when he could be a demi-god in his home city, Rome? As you've already pointed out, his wages aren't slight, so if you isolate wanting to win the Premier League (which it's become evident isn't the be all and end all for players), it makes no sense for him to throw it all away and move.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Obviously we all know what he means to Rome. Re the World Cup, he was banned for like four matches (missed whole playoffs except final) and didn't start the final either. He played little part in that. In City he had the chance to be one of the most important players.

But as I said, I'm not sure it would be much value for money in the kind of rates the press was talking about.

He scored a penalty in the WC final.

I don't know, but De Rossi is worth every penny.

Dibbz

DC you are teetering on the edge of Sonic fanfic with your "short stories" of life between Mancini and the owners. Next thing you know you'll be posting picks of a pregnant bloke in a MC shirt :|

dc89

DC you are teetering on the edge of Sonic fanfic with your "short stories" of life between Mancini and the owners. Next thing you know you'll be posting picks of a pregnant bloke in a MC shirt :|

It's part of the healing process.

Clegg

So we've signed a world class striker, a very talented attacking midfielder, and a back up to Evra. Its basically the dream summer for a United muppet.

Watch us finish midtable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta's right hand man Paratici just left a hotel in Milan with French mercato expert Fabrizio Ferrari. Juve looking in Ligue 1?

:(

ZujrJ.gif

Well Juventini, at least we still have Matri..

right?

lyTtd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom